Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i applied for a 175 visa to australia in october 2009 and i am still waiting on the visa. I am a 30 year old vehicle body builder with 11 years experience, unfortunity my trade was taking from the CSL so i'm bottom of the list, i called up the australian immigration office last year and they said that your file hasnt been looked at yet and they cant tell me when it will be looked at. How long does the average 175 bottom of the listers visa take to come through?

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
I would presume that your application is now in Priority 5. Have a look at the below link to monitor DIAC's progress - they update the page fortnightly.

Estimated Allocation Times

Have you checked whether your occupation is on any state's migration plan/ list (assuming you would be happy to live in the sponsoring state for 2 years)? If it is, you may consider applying for state sponsorship and that would push your application into Priority 3.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Yeah Vehicle builder isnt on any of the state lists. sucks because my job is a combination of sheet metal and welding which are both on the list but vehicle building isnt.

·
Registered
37 Posts
striiing said:
Thanks. Yeah Vehicle builder isnt on any of the state lists. sucks because my job is a combination of sheet metal and welding which are both on the list but vehicle building isnt.
I don't believe it's about job title as much as it is about job responsibilities. I think if you can get your experience letters to mention sheet metal and welding you will be able to claim any of them. Good luck to you and I hope you consider this

·
Registered
37 Posts
striiing said:
thanks, could you explain what you mean by 'experience letters'
The experience certificates you are going to provide the experience assessment body.

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
Assuming that string's country flag is correct and he is from the UK, he would probably be more familiar with the term 'reference/ letters of reference' from previous and current employers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.