Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked my 175 Elecronic Application Status after quite a while (actually forgot about it since i have been away in australia and back again on a working/holiday visa). Can anybody tell me what the 'processing commenced' means and should i go for the medical tests now or will the australian immigration contact me first? I ask this because no-one has contacted me about my application all i know is last year when i rang up immigration i was told that my case hadn't been looked at yet but does the 'processing commenced' mean it is now being looked at by a case officer? cheers

·
Registered
134 Posts
I checked my 175 Elecronic Application Status after quite a while (actually forgot about it since i have been away in australia and back again on a working/holiday visa). Can anybody tell me what the 'processing commenced' means and should i go for the medical tests now or will the australian immigration contact me first? I ask this because no-one has contacted me about my application all i know is last year when i rang up immigration i was told that my case hadn't been looked at yet but does the 'processing commenced' mean it is now being looked at by a case officer? cheers

Did you log your application in 2009?

Do you know the priority group that your application falls in?

·
Registered
134 Posts
How will the CO contact you, will it be phone, email or letter?
DIAC will contact you through email since you have logged your application online.

To find out the current status of priority group 5 processing dates you can visit DIAC website.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey striiing,
My consultant lodged my application online last yr december and was asked to go for medicals and PCC clearance soon after application was lodged as this was required document and consultant asked me not to wait for case officer email or letter as this will only delay the process, hope all your papers are clear or is there any chance of initial stage rejection.
And as mentioned by Sanjukta you can check processing times thru DIAC website but the times are generally faster then mentioned in website.

All the best.

Cheers!!
PRS

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
Since you are in Priority 5, I would suggest that you wait until you receive a request from your CO. unfortunately, 'processing commenced' only means that your application has been received. Once you have CO, your status will typically change to 'Application being processed further'.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.