Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there

Let me introduce my self,i am a new member here

My name is Said Nahdi,you can call me Said. I am 30 years old come from Jakarta,Indonesia

I've been granted GSM visa subclass 175 2 weeks a go (28 February 2012)

Right now I'm still in Indonesia but have plan to enter Australia ASAP,since the time limit to make an initial visit will be on 9th August 2012.

I have some question that I would appreciate if any of you could answer.

If I have intention to apply in university (higher education,postgraduate) As a 175 visa holders, Am i considered as a local student or international student? the difference of these qualification will bring effect in available option of courses, tuition fee and whether you will study full time or part time, as well as the maximum hours you can work per week during your study time.

Later on, if i have to search a job as a waiter or cashier in gas station or any kind of job similar to that, it is difficult? some of my friends that move from Indonesia to Australia,do that jobs for a moment before get a proper job related to their educational background or experience.FYI, I applied 175 visa as an accountant, and i considered that it will be tough to work as a accountant there .( until now,my destination will be Sidney,but subject to change)

Okay i think that's all from me now.Thank you for all of your kind consideration and attention

hopefully will find an answer to my question.All comment and/or answer will be very appreciated

Best Regards

Said Nahdi

·
Registered
346 Posts
You'll be considered as local student and have to pay a lower fee than international student (Australian government pays the difference).
Since you are a PR you can work anywhere you want and as many hours as you want.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You'll be considered as local student and have to pay a lower fee than international student (Australian government pays the difference).
Since you are a PR you can work anywhere you want and as many hours as you want.
wow,,thanks for the answer..and nice to know you

take care

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hello there

Let me introduce my self,i am a new member here

My name is Said Nahdi,you can call me Said. I am 30 years old come from Jakarta,Indonesia

I've been granted GSM visa subclass 175 2 weeks a go (28 February 2012)

Right now I'm still in Indonesia but have plan to enter Australia ASAP,since the time limit to make an initial visit will be on 9th August 2012.

I have some question that I would appreciate if any of you could answer.

If I have intention to apply in university (higher education,postgraduate) As a 175 visa holders, Am i considered as a local student or international student? the difference of these qualification will bring effect in available option of courses, tuition fee and whether you will study full time or part time, as well as the maximum hours you can work per week during your study time.

Later on, if i have to search a job as a waiter or cashier in gas station or any kind of job similar to that, it is difficult? some of my friends that move from Indonesia to Australia,do that jobs for a moment before get a proper job related to their educational background or experience.FYI, I applied 175 visa as an accountant, and i considered that it will be tough to work as a accountant there .( until now,my destination will be Sidney,but subject to change)

Okay i think that's all from me now.Thank you for all of your kind consideration and attention

hopefully will find an answer to my question.All comment and/or answer will be very appreciated

Best Regards

Said Nahdi
Well done Said. Congrats/selamat.....on being granted Visa 175.

To my understanding, Visa 175 holder has the same rights like citizen except you can not vote in election day (PEMILU).

I think you are eligible to have HECS to study under the sponsorship of Australian Gov't, and when you complet the sutudy you will re-fund the money thru salary deduction...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well done Said. Congrats/selamat.....on being granted Visa 175.

To my understanding, Visa 175 holder has the same rights like citizen except you can not vote in election day (PEMILU).

I think you are eligible to have HECS to study under the sponsorship of Australian Gov't, and when you complet the sutudy you will re-fund the money thru salary deduction...
wow coll
thanks for the answer..are you from Indonesia? nice to know you

wish you luck for the appliation :)

best regards

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PR holders can get commonwealth supported places ie discounted places, but have to pay all of their fees themselves.[/quote]

ow okay,noted
will find all related information about this matter by my own,,thanks for the info

anyway, according to you..it is difficult to find a job that related to our experience there? since some of my friends who moved there find it quite difficult,so they do some part time jobs while still looking for the "proper" job

thank you

have a nice day

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.