Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am in the process of applying the PR. I got my skills assessed by ACS with CSL in C++. I am now thinking of applying for NSW SS as i am already in Sydney with 457 VISA. Can i apply for NSW SS first, wait for the result and then apply for 175/176 or can i apply both at the same time? In the later case which one is first SS or 175? Also please provide me some guidence for getting NSW SS easily.

Thanks for all the replies.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi,

I am in the process of applying the PR. I got my skills assessed by ACS with CSL in C++. I am now thinking of applying for NSW SS as i am already in Sydney with 457 VISA. Can i apply for NSW SS first, wait for the result and then apply for 175/176 or can i apply both at the same time? In the later case which one is first SS or 175? Also please provide me some guidence for getting NSW SS easily.

Thanks for all the replies.
You can apply for 175 straight away and get on the 175 line first, It could take 6-12 months to get 175 Visa. After 175, apply for NSW state sponsorship and wait in line. It takes 1-3 months to get NSW sponsorship. You must have a IELTS score of 7 minimum in all sections to apply for NSW sponsorship (The same is IELTS 6.0 minimum for any other state or for 175).

=> The whole idea is Apply for 175, wait in line. Since you are interested in NSW only, apply for NSW State Sponsorship and once you get it, 175 will get converted and prioritized to 176. In case you don't get State Sponsorship, you will anyways get 175...

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
hi mm.. as reddy suggests, apply for 175 and the ss at same time, thats what we did, applied for 175 in sept 08, applied for ss in april, just got approved, now converted to 176, that way u r in line so dont waste 3 months, just incase u dont manage the NSW ss, u r anyways 1-3 months old post applying..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts