Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I got my 176 visa in Feb 2012.

My initial entry date is in Jan and plan to move by mid next year due to soon financial constraints.

Given the speed of 175 these days, I am tempted to apply for 175 as well.

So leaving aside whether I should do it or not, Can anyone tell me if its technically possible?

Many Thanks!

·
Registered
189 Posts
1. shouldn't you be entering within one year of your visa grant? that's what I heard that you have to enter Aus within one year of your PCC date.

2. you can apply for 175 i guess if you occupation is in SOL1.

·
Registered
270 Posts
ozdreamz said:
Hi All,

I got my 176 visa in Feb 2012.

My initial entry date is in Jan and plan to move by mid next year due to soon financial constraints.

Given the speed of 175 these days, I am tempted to apply for 175 as well.

So leaving aside whether I should do it or not, Can anyone tell me if its technically possible?

Many Thanks!
For an authentic answer, I believe you should ask DIAC directly as no one would even thought about that before.

·
Registered
63 Posts
As far as I know, you have one year to activate your Visa, and five years to move to Australia.
So, it would be easier and cheaper to just travel to Australia and back to India to validate your Visa before Jan 2013, and then move to Australia later.
Are your financial constraints the money some SS require you to have in advance (AU$20000, AU$30000)? If that is the problem, I've heard that they don't actually check that.

·
Registered
189 Posts
is this possible that after visa grant, I show a travel disability for a certain period and avoid my visa expiration?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.