Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a UK citizen and my wife and her son are US citizens (all from birth). We intend to live permanently in the UK as a family as I meet the sponsor requirements and so we have completed her Settlement Spouse (wife) visa application. For her son we have completed the 'Parent, Grandparent and Other Dependant Relative' application under 'Apply For Someone Else' but this has generated a fee of £2141 (!). This information is not made apparent until the application is signed and the biometrics appointment made.

Have we made an error in the visa application selection and if so, what can we do to rectify the situation as there is no option to delete the application and start again once the declaration is signed?

With thanks in advance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
May I also ask which starting point we should use please? Do we start a new 'Apply for Myself' or 'Apply for Someone Else'?

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
'Apply for Myself' as you are putting yourself in the shoe of your stepson.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again Joppa. Using the same log-in, doing this brings up my details again but I presume I over-write and select the visa type as 'Child or Dependent of a Settled Person'?

With thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.