Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,931 Posts
Do you have any study or work experience in NZ or do you have a job offer in NZ ?
If you don't it is unlikely you'll be approved RV (not PR....that is only available after 2 years on RV). You will most likely be offered Job Search Visa.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have any study or work experience in NZ or do you have a job offer in NZ ?
If you don't it is unlikely you'll be approved RV (not PR....that is only available after 2 years on RV). You will most likely be offered Job Search Visa.
Will everyone get RV first and then after 2 years PR or the NZ government will decide who gets the RV first or the PR.

Is there a way, I can get PR directly?

Thank you for your response.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,931 Posts
Will everyone get RV first and then after 2 years PR or the NZ government will decide who gets the RV first or the PR.

Is there a way, I can get PR directly?

Thank you for your response.

Thanks
Nope.
You will get RV if you meet all the basic requirements and criteria AND you have some sort of study or work experience in NZ or you have a job offer in NZ. Without any of that you will not get RV. You may get a job search visa instead and then if you find a job you should then get RV.
You CANNOT get PR through the skilled migrant scheme straight away. It is impossible. To get PR you must have held RV for minimum 2 years and you must satisfy one of the five criteria at the time of application. PR isn't automatic. You must apply for it from the time you become eligible.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nope.
You will get RV if you meet all the basic requirements and criteria AND you have some sort of study or work experience in NZ or you have a job offer in NZ. Without any of that you will not get RV. You may get a job search visa instead and then if you find a job you should then get RV.
You CANNOT get PR through the skilled migrant scheme straight away. It is impossible. To get PR you must have held RV for minimum 2 years and you must satisfy one of the five criteria at the time of application. PR isn't automatic. You must apply for it from the time you become eligible.
Hi!

Regarding the job search visa. Is it more like a first-come-first-serve visa or a certain preference criteria is followed. I mean I am inexperienced, with a foreign BE in Mechanical Engineering. If I somehow (God-Willing):fingerscrossed: manage to apply for the visa. Would I get the visa or would they prefer somebody over me who has a better and/or higher degree or has 6 months of work experience ?

Secondly, what are the documents that are actually supposed to be uploaded to ImmigrationNZ on the day of application? Or is it just entering data and they will ask for uploads later on?
I am asking this because I have to decide between choosing the regular and urgent IQA by NZQA. I know for sure that I will get Level 7, so if it is just data entry on the day of application (and no upload) I can save some money.

Please reply soon.

I wonder though, everyone keeps saying that engineering is in-demand all over the World. Engg. is in-demand in NZ. It's on the Long-term shortage, it's urgently in shortage. And yet nobody is willing to give the new guy on the block a chance. Even slightly experienced ones aren't eligible easily that often.
Even though, technically inexperienced graduates should be rather easy to train, and deal with.

Anyways, please reply soon.
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
4,931 Posts
Hi!

Regarding the job search visa. Is it more like a first-come-first-serve visa or a certain preference criteria is followed. I mean I am inexperienced, with a foreign BE in Mechanical Engineering. If I somehow (God-Willing):fingerscrossed: manage to apply for the visa. Would I get the visa or would they prefer somebody over me who has a better and/or higher degree or has 6 months of work experience ?

Secondly, what are the documents that are actually supposed to be uploaded to ImmigrationNZ on the day of application? Or is it just entering data and they will ask for uploads later on?
I am asking this because I have to decide between choosing the regular and urgent IQA by NZQA. I know for sure that I will get Level 7, so if it is just data entry on the day of application (and no upload) I can save some money.

Please reply soon.

I wonder though, everyone keeps saying that engineering is in-demand all over the World. Engg. is in-demand in NZ. It's on the Long-term shortage, it's urgently in shortage. And yet nobody is willing to give the new guy on the block a chance. Even slightly experienced ones aren't eligible easily that often.
Even though, technically inexperienced graduates should be rather easy to train, and deal with.

Anyways, please reply soon.
Thanks.
JSV (via Skilled Migrant Category application) is not on a first come first served basis......you may be confusing this with the Silver Fern Job Search Visa which is on that basis and there are only 300 available each year around the beginning of November.

Prior to August 2017, it was possible to be approved Resident Visa via Skilled Migrant Category Application so long as you scored sufficient points on the EOI.....and you did not need any NZ work experience, NZ study experience nor an NZ job offer....all you had to do was to have enough points on the EOI.
I am a perfect example of this. I had 150 points on the EOI without having any work or study experience or having an NZ job offer and I was approved RV. Hypothetically speaking if I applied again now I wouldn't be approved RV due to the process changes after August 2017.
From August 2017 a change was introduced to the process which means if you have no NZ work experience, NZ study experience nor an NZ job offer - irrespective of you having sufficient EOI points you will not be approved RV. Instead, the principal applicant will be offered JSV and to get RV you would have to come here, get a job then with the job offer you would be approved RV for all persons on the application.

Immigration do not discriminate against a persons experience or quality of qualification over another persons. Each application is considered individually and you either meet the requirements or you don't.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts