Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NZ points indicator assesses me at 150 points, i don't have any job offer.
Can someone please tell if i file EOI what are my chances. Do they normally give invitations without job offer to 140/150 points holder.

second, what kind of documentational verifications do they perform, i mean they just verify your last expereince letter. do they verify university degrees and other provided documents.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
4,918 Posts
If you submit an EOI with 150 points it will be automatically selected from the EOI pool at the next fortnightly draw. If it gets through preliminary checking by Immigration you will receive ITA.

At processing of your formal application paperwork after ITA, Immigration will check and double check every piece of evidence you provide to ensure it meets the points you have claimed on the EOI.
In the case of work experience, they will manually verify all letters that prove you can claim the experience years you have claimed.
A university degree is different. Before submission of the EOI, it is up to the applicant to ensure that the degree is either exempt from assessment or has already been assessed and an equivalent level to that of an NZ degree is obtained. Each country has a list of exempt qualifications. If yours isn't on the list it will need assessment via application to NZQA.
Once a qualification has been assessed or it is exempt from assessment Immigration will verify that it meets the correct Level to ensure what you are claiming is correct and that the qualification matches the same area of your experience etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts