Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to sponsor my parents for 143 contributory visa. I will be the sponsor and i am PR of Australia. On form 40 for sponsorship your partner needs to give consent and support the partner in fullfilling the responsibilities of sponsorship Q75 which my wife is refusing to sign. Is there another way.

Pls help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I want to sponsor my parents for 143 contributory visa. I will be the sponsor and i am PR of Australia. On form 40 for sponsorship your partner needs to give consent and support the partner in fullfilling the responsibilities of sponsorship Q75 which my wife is refusing to sign. Is there another way. Is her signature mandatory.

Pls help
Can anyone provide some help please

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply.
So should i send the sponsorship form without her signature. Does Australia Immigration Customer Service answer these sort of enquiries. Any good law firm in Melbourne.

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Form N is part of Form 40 and I believe that has to be signed by your partner. I reckon if you submit it without her consent, the department may contact and enquire about this application as she is part of your family.

In Form 40 under 'Sponsorship undertaking':

Sponsors should consider not only the Visa Application Charges, the Assurance of Support (AoS) and their sponsorship obligations, but also the ongoing longer term impact and cost of sponsoring a person to migrate and of supporting them. Sponsors should discuss the impact of sponsorship on their family and think carefully about whether they are able and willing to provide this support before they undertake the sponsorship.

Girl Aussie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts