Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

While filling the 1276 form,I came across some questions which I have doubt in answering,

Do the answers to these questions make any impact on my application?

1. "Where do you intend to live in Australia?"

Can I write one city and later live in another city?

2. "What is the value of money, goods and assets which you (and your
partner) intend to bring to Australia?"

Myself and my husband are migrating together.So what should be the value I need to write?

3. "skills assessment from the relevant assessing authority for their nominated occupation?"

My husband is the primary applicant, and he has cleared the skills asessment from ACS.I work in the same skills set,but have not done my ACS assessment as it was not required.To claim for the 5 points for partner skills, should I do my assessment too?I wrote IELTS and got an average of 7.

Somebody please help...

Thanks,Erin.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi Erin

1. We left that blank and as long as you are on 175, you can go wherever once you have the visa.

2. We left this blank as well, we filed in sept 08 and now, one and half years later we have more thn we had then, if you want to put a figure, you can write anything about 30k since 20k is the minimum the states expect u to bring (for main applicant) and 10k every dependent.

3. if you do not have enough point, go ahead with the skill assessment for yourself But if you do have enough points, no need to get assessment done. go ahead with filing the application with your husband as main applicant (as assessed by ACS) and you as a dependent.

Hope this helps

anj

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Anj,

Thanks for your help.You meant AUD 30K,right? I suppose that will come around INR 12.5 Lacs. Do they expect us to bring that much? :confused: I am not sure if we can manage more than INR 8 Lacs :( Will this affect our stay there, later on? Any Idea?

Anj, you applied for your visa in Sept 2008, still they are processing your visa? So if we apply by this month end or next month starting (we are applying for 175 visa)..will the procedures take around 1.5 years.. ?

Two more doubts please,

1. On applying through e-visa, do they charge us on our credit card instantly? Or does it take time?

2. Do the visa people do any sort of verification in our work place :eek: We are tensed about it..as this might affect our jobs.

Regards,
Erin.

Hi Erin

1. We left that blank and as long as you are on 175, you can go wherever once you have the visa.

2. We left this blank as well, we filed in sept 08 and now, one and half years later we have more thn we had then, if you want to put a figure, you can write anything about 30k since 20k is the minimum the states expect u to bring (for main applicant) and 10k every dependent.

3. if you do not have enough point, go ahead with the skill assessment for yourself But if you do have enough points, no need to get assessment done. go ahead with filing the application with your husband as main applicant (as assessed by ACS) and you as a dependent.

Hope this helps

anj

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi erin

yeah its just a figure you write, u see lif is long, who knows what happens when and u r left with much less money or a figure more thn that.. just write it, they dont ask for proofs (that is, if you want to mention and not leave the space blank). as i said i left it blank.

yeah we applied in sept 2008. we are not in CSL. we just got our state sponsorship (in sept 09) so it is yet to be processed.. for now the online status says processing commenced.. not processing further. I do check it once every two days for the magic words processing further but no luck yet :p

If you are on CSL it would take 6-10 months for the visa stamp to be on your passport

when applying online, they charge instantly. when it comes to taking money, DIAC is fast hehe

as for work place verification, they do a check if your documents are not enough, if you attach enough proofs to convince them you are not faking the experience, they dont do a physical verification.

I have not read about any IT applicant who had job verification.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Anj,

I really appreciate your help.Thanks again..Dont worry,you can see the change in your visa status very soon. :) Anyways, all the best.

Regards,
Erin.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Thanks erin.. thats sweet of you. wish you the best too.. give us a shout if you are stuck somewehre or need info on anything.

cheers

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes sure,Anj..But I get very less responses for my doubt.See,even for this thread,I have only you who replied to my query.. :confused:

Thanks erin.. thats sweet of you. wish you the best too.. give us a shout if you are stuck somewehre or need info on anything.

cheers

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
I suppose because i answered already and no one would have thought they can add anything. the responses are slow at times considering the time of the day. it is evening in australia already and night in US/UK..
and atleast you got the reply.. which is what matters, isnt it? when i first came here, i was sp full of questions, at times i got so many suggestions, at times none, but I did not give up, kept reading, searching and here I am.. still to get my visa but I think I know enough about the process that i can work for an agent :p

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok..got it. But sometimes if you are not online,it might take time for a reply.Thats the reason I was worried. Its okay :)

Yes, I understood you are an avid reader.You know a lot about migration. You can definitely start your own Immigration Consultancy :) May be you can show the Australian Embassy your capability in answering others queries,who knows they might immediately issue your visa. (just kidding)

By the way,how do you find time in replying to all the queries? Are you working now? Its great to see people like you helping others wholeheartedly.You deserve a grand applause.. :clap2:

Erin.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
yeah it takes time, as people keep coming online, they see the threads and reply if they can give their opinion or suggestions.

I dont know much, i just know what i did cos i read and read about it till i was sure what i am doing is right.. i am still learning every passing day.

i wish i could tell the DIAC, i have made some xyz number of posts in this forum and they shud consider me before every other application :p.. wish things worked that way..
Amen, wish it happens..

Time.. well, i am a self employed marcom professional, i work on retainer for a few as a consultant. they give me work, i design and suggest advertising or other marketing media to them. there are times i am loaded but i take just enough work to keep me busy through the day without any pile-ups.. i had an advertising-more in the line of a graphic design house for about 6 years but then had to discontinue, i had a severe back condition and the office was kind of far from where i stay (which is in gurgaon). Now i am back to being healthy, i have enough time to cook, do yoga, work, eat, chat, yapp on facebook, read and reply here.. why here, well, because this forum is a gold mine. i started i think 3 years back and come here everyday. at times i learn from others experiences, at times i tell people what is right. the reason i help (hardly help though) is because i started like the newbies too and dolly and karen helped me through. cant thank them enough and now there is amaslam, the ever so helpful guy who makes sure he replies to every thread. i cant compete with them.

But i like the way you think..getting a visa because i answer queries here hehehe

god bless you woman!

cheers

·
Registered
881 Posts
Form 1276 is required to be filled, even when applying online? :eek:

thanks
yeah it takes time, as people keep coming online, they see the threads and reply if they can give their opinion or suggestions.

I dont know much, i just know what i did cos i read and read about it till i was sure what i am doing is right.. i am still learning every passing day.

i wish i could tell the DIAC, i have made some xyz number of posts in this forum and they shud consider me before every other application :p.. wish things worked that way..
Amen, wish it happens..

Time.. well, i am a self employed marcom professional, i work on retainer for a few as a consultant. they give me work, i design and suggest advertising or other marketing media to them. there are times i am loaded but i take just enough work to keep me busy through the day without any pile-ups.. i had an advertising-more in the line of a graphic design house for about 6 years but then had to discontinue, i had a severe back condition and the office was kind of far from where i stay (which is in gurgaon). Now i am back to being healthy, i have enough time to cook, do yoga, work, eat, chat, yapp on facebook, read and reply here.. why here, well, because this forum is a gold mine. i started i think 3 years back and come here everyday. at times i learn from others experiences, at times i tell people what is right. the reason i help (hardly help though) is because i started like the newbies too and dolly and karen helped me through. cant thank them enough and now there is amaslam, the ever so helpful guy who makes sure he replies to every thread. i cant compete with them.

But i like the way you think..getting a visa because i answer queries here hehehe

god bless you woman!

cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts