Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope someone can help me... :)

We have already applied for a 175 (Skilled) visa but we are not on the CSL so our application will not be reviewed any time soon :Cry:

Currently we are on a 457 which expires in 2011. Our concern is that the 457 will expire before our 175 is approved. What we did was: applied for a State Sponsorship (QLD - we are based in Brisbane) but because the occupation was taken off their list we were declined.

Our only, other option (without having to move to another State) is an Employer Sponsored visa. Has anyone done this visa application? I have read all the booklets and as far as I can see there is only an approx. $500 charge for the Employer Nomination. Our 121 application will be fee-free as we have already lodged a 175.

The problem is this....

The employer informed us that their agent said it was going to cost $7,500! The reason: the business is not accredited to sponsor and needs to get accreditation. Is this for real? I can not find any mention of business accreditation for a 121 visa.

Our options are running out :confused:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi, Yes it Correct If business is not accredited to sponsor, they have to be First Accredited.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks bbulsara for your quick response.

Do you know who or how this is done? And does it cost that much?

I was under the impression that when the employer completed the Employer Nomination and attached all required documentation, the Centre of Excellence would approve or not based on the information supplied.

Am I understanding correctly that the accreditation is something different and processed by another 'body'?

·
Registered
46 Posts
This is the Cost , Your Employer will have to Pay..

Charge Type Charge Amount
Nomination (ENS only) $445

1st instalment
If you are outside Australia when the visa is granted
$1705

1st instalment
If you are in Australia when the visa is granted
$2525

2nd instalment
For primary applicants with less than functional English
Exception: Religious workers who have applied for a subclass 121 (ENS) or a Labour Agreement visa are not required to pay this instalment.
$7040

2nd instalment
For dependents 18 or over with less than functional English
Exception: Religious workers who have applied for a subclass 121 (ENS) or a Labour Agreement visa are not required to pay this instalment.
$3510

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much for your reply.

So the $445 is for the nomination. which is also referred to as the accreditation? I understood it as that.

Since we have paid for the 175, the 121 is a fee-free application and we will not need to pay the 1st or 2nd installments.

Hopefully I have it all right now.

Thank you once again for helping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts