Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had one year gap in my work experience due to my father health so i relinquished my job (from June 2010 - August 2011) due to his health. I started my job September last year and DIAC has a condition that applicant must have at least 12/24 month work paid work experience in closely related field on the SOL list.

I have following credential:

IELTS : 8.0 in each
Education : Masters in Wireless Communication from UK in 2008.
Experience: 5 years after my graduation.

I have question in my mind which i want to get clear my ambiguity before lodge my application and this is the best forum to remove my double standard thoughts. I think some one on this forum may help me in this regard.

1. Can I lodge my offshore application now before to complete 12 month recent work experience. I am planning to submit my case in June, 2012. Till June, I will accumulate 10 months experience. By the time of processing my application, 12 months will be complete. whereas, I have good 5 years plus experience. Is this possible to lodge my permanent residency application??

I will appreciate your time and experience.

Thanks.
Azey Kan.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I had one year gap in my work experience due to my father health so i relinquished my job (from June 2010 - August 2011) due to his health. I started my job September last year and DIAC has a condition that applicant must have at least 12/24 month work paid work experience in closely related field on the SOL list.

I have following credential:

IELTS : 8.0 in each
Education : Masters in Wireless Communication from UK in 2008.
Experience: 5 years after my graduation.

I have question in my mind which i want to get clear my ambiguity before lodge my application and this is the best forum to remove my double standard thoughts. I think some one on this forum may help me in this regard.

1. Can I lodge my offshore application now before to complete 12 month recent work experience. I am planning to submit my case in June, 2012. Till June, I will accumulate 10 months experience. By the time of processing my application, 12 months will be complete. whereas, I have good 5 years plus experience. Is this possible to lodge my permanent residency application??

I will appreciate your time and experience.

Thanks.
Azey Kan.
Hi Azey,
DIAC requires you to have worked for atleast 12 months in the last 24 months at the time you lodge your application and not when they pick your application up for processing. So, unfortunately you will have to wait till September to file your application.

Good luck!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.