Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been 10 pin bowling at bandar in Maadi - complete disaster - machine kept going wrong - we moved on 4 different lanes. :-(

Never again - every time we go it plays up, but today was the straw that broke........... :-(

Sent using ExpatForum App

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it was rubbish -

the scoreboard said 7 knocked down the put 4 pins up !!!!!!!! 7+4=11
then said
6 knocked down and put up 3 - 6+3=9

did my head in :frusty:

the manager gave us 2 free tokens for air hockey !!!!!!!!!!:boxing:

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We used to play 9 pin bowling at the Swiss club in Alex. It had a "manual reset" so nothing to go wrong. Loved it :)
9 pin = skittles in the UK - pins in a diamond and a smaller wooden ball:clap2:

none of this American teco-crap

last time i played was at a Village show, on grass, with Hay Bails at the end. Glorious days:cool:

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
We used to play 9 pin bowling at the Swiss club in Alex. It had a "manual reset" so nothing to go wrong. Loved it :)
9 pin = skittles in the UK - pins in a diamond and a smaller wooden ball:clap2:

none of this American teco-crap

last time i played was at a Village show, on grass, with Hay Bails at the end. Glorious days:cool:

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've played bar skittles - on a table with a ball on a piece of string - good fun.

I've also played Shove ha'penny on a slate table

·
Registered
679 Posts
Just been 10 pin bowling at bandar in Maadi - complete disaster - machine kept going wrong - we moved on 4 different lanes. :-(

Never again - every time we go it plays up, but today was the straw that broke........... :-(

Feel for you. We went there two weeks ago. Computer reset after I got a strike, and ignored my strike, then the lane went down and we had to move. Second lane had to be reset several times, again messing with the points...now, if you get a strike every second ball, o/k, but if you play like me that strike was kind of IMPORTANT!:eek:

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Electonic scoring - mind you the bowling is supposed to be electronic as well

1 - 18 of 18 Posts