Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

10 grace period for visit visas

29K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  twonao 
#1 ·
My 30 day visit visa runs out on the 5th of March so my first visa run is imminent. I've heard there is a "10 day grace period" and I was wondering if anyone has recent personal experience of doing the visa run with an expired visa? If so, what happened? Did you have to pay a fine? Were you waved through?

Thanks in advance.

This post has been deleted
#10 ·
podsaab said:
Hello, thank you for the quick response.

Thats fine I will leave on the 36th day ... but what If I entered through Sharjah airport and exit again through Sharjah airport ? would they acknowledge the 10 day grace period ?
It doesn't matter which emirate you have entered from as long as you have a 30 day UAE visa stamp in your passport then you are entitled to the 10 day grace period.
Sharjah airport won't need to acknowledge a grace period as you'll have a new visa (I assume) by the time you fly out/in again. It doesn't matter whether it's Sharjah or Dubai the same rules appt for this.

#24 ·
MojriM,

We just went there last week on the 34th day of our visa and nobody told us anything. Everybody was friendly and it was the same as when we went before the expiration date.

Just take some cash with you in case you have the bad luck to deal with a bad agent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.