Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 30 day visit visa runs out on the 5th of March so my first visa run is imminent. I've heard there is a "10 day grace period" and I was wondering if anyone has recent personal experience of doing the visa run with an expired visa? If so, what happened? Did you have to pay a fine? Were you waved through?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Do the visa run on day 38/39 and you will be fine, I had lots of experience and have friends still doing this every month. NEVER been an issue just do not go over 40 days or you will be fined.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do the visa run on day 38/39 and you will be fine, I had lots of experience and have friends still doing this every month. NEVER been an issue just do not go over 40 days or you will be fined.
Brilliant, exactly the kind of answer I was looking for. Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did a visa run to Hatta on March 1st, i was on day 39 since last visit.... no problems at all.. also Oman visa now costs 50AED instead of the 200AED it cost on previous visits...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello ... I am coming up to my 30th day on my visa on arrival in the UAE and I am also a UK citizen and passport holder... however!! ... Would I qualify for the 10+/- grace period as I came through Sharjah airport or would this rule apply for ONLY Dubai or is this for ALL the UAE Emirates???

Please reply soon I am on my 29th day here

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hello ... I am coming up to my 30th day on my visa on arrival in the UAE and I am also a UK citizen and passport holder... however!! ... Would I qualify for the 10+/- grace period as I came through Sharjah airport or would this rule apply for ONLY Dubai or is this for ALL the UAE Emirates???

Please reply soon I am on my 29th day here :(:(:(

You have to leave the country, not the Emirate, so you'll be fine. Plus you have the extra 10 days anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You have to leave the country, not the Emirate, so you'll be fine. Plus you have the extra 10 days anyway.
Hello, thank you for the quick reply. I have a couple of questions also

- Does it not matter which Emirate (Sharjah, etc) I entered from? As I have been coming and going for 4 months now from the same airport but I always leave within the 30 days (27/28th day).

- I called up DNRD today and they said that the 10+/- grace period is applicable for British passport holders (myself) but he said that this is from Dubai and does not know if this is applicable from Sharjah!

- Is the 10 day grace period official or is it down to the immigration to decide ?

Thank you sooo much.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The 30 day visa in your passport is I assume a UAE visa, so the 10 day grace period is ok.... I went on my 38th day again last month and all ok. also if driving fill up with petrol in Oman as its even cheaper than Dubai..

40 days

Please reply soon I am on my 29th day here

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, thank you for the quick response.

Thats fine I will leave on the 36th day ... but what If I entered through Sharjah airport and exit again through Sharjah airport ? would they acknowledge the 10 day grace period ?

·
Registered
84 Posts
podsaab said:
Hello, thank you for the quick response.

Thats fine I will leave on the 36th day ... but what If I entered through Sharjah airport and exit again through Sharjah airport ? would they acknowledge the 10 day grace period ?
It doesn't matter which emirate you have entered from as long as you have a 30 day UAE visa stamp in your passport then you are entitled to the 10 day grace period.
Sharjah airport won't need to acknowledge a grace period as you'll have a new visa (I assume) by the time you fly out/in again. It doesn't matter whether it's Sharjah or Dubai the same rules appt for this.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Did I understand it correctly, that the grace period applies to all EU Citizen?
And is it safe to assume to get the grace period? (i know no 100% guarantee, but what are the chances of getting fined?

thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi all, sorry for bumping this thread but it seemed the most appropriate.

Does this 10 day grace period still exist? Might come in handy for me if it does as I am still waiting on getting my working visa :)

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
So far it seems to still go on and although I haven't heard of anyone who says otherwise, sometimes an official can catch you out on it at random or so we are led to believe.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
From experience it's 200 first day, 100 every day after but like I said, never heard of anyone getting caught on this but you have to count the days right.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ah right well day 30 of my visa is 3rd of November, so if I leave until the 7th I should bring 800AED for the fine alone just in case?

Thanks,
Conor.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Unless the Irish count the days backwards, I would say you meant December not November haha! Just bring 1000 with you but don't worry they have ATMs there too

1 - 20 of 24 Posts