Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Ive made it...... one year living in Spain!! It has been by no means easy and it still isnt easy but I am very glad that we came here and that we are still here.
The other half is still away working and thats hard but I can now go to the bank and be understood and pay bills etc things that my hubby did. Its mad these things that are so daunting here i wouldnt have thought twice about at home!!!! That the language barrier for you!!!! Im tackling that too, classes every week!!!

I want to say thanks for the kind and encouraging words that you said to me when I was feeling down in the dumps and also this forum is full of great advice.

So here is to my first full winter here, aclimatised!! Its Freezing!!!!

N :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi all,

Ive made it...... one year living in Spain!! It has been by no means easy and it still isnt easy but I am very glad that we came here and that we are still here.
The other half is still away working and thats hard but I can now go to the bank and be understood and pay bills etc things that my hubby did. Its mad these things that are so daunting here i wouldnt have thought twice about at home!!!! That the language barrier for you!!!! Im tackling that too, classes every week!!!

I want to say thanks for the kind and encouraging words that you said to me when I was feeling down in the dumps and also this forum is full of great advice.

So here is to my first full winter here, aclimatised!! Its Freezing!!!!

N :)
Happy Anniversary and Congratulations.

Our first anniversary of being up North is soon - 8th December, although Hubby was here before me so his is 12th of this month. Wow which is just two days away. I must make him a card!!

The time has flown and it has been hard in places but it has been fun too.

It is so much colder up here isn't it? We have central heating here so we are nice and toasty.

Hope that your 2nd year in Sitges gets even better and well done on the language. You have the added difficulty of catalan too!

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Happy aniversary!! I so understand what you mean about not being easy. I struggle with the language too, its getting easier and I'm getting more confindence to at least give it a try. I always find I feel really good when I struggle but make myself understood. I'm also on my own a fair bit cos my OH commutes, but I do have the kids, altho sometimes that doesnt make it easier cos I have to do stuff for them and with them too.

Its a slow process settling in isnt it, everyone (including me) thinks its gonna be easy, the suns shines, street bars, lots of english speakers..............

It can only get easier and better as you and I are both finding. And yes, its starting to get really cold now isnt it, well the nights are!!!

Jo xxx

·
Registered
19,394 Posts
Congratulations Irishgirl!!
Shame that OH is still having to work away. Still, it pushes you into doing things you wouldn't have done otherwise and you're seeing that you can do it!!
Keep up with the Spanish/ Catalan and keep on posting and telling us what you're up to,
best wishes,
PW

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.