Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 Year Courses in a college in the USA

14K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Fatbrit 
#1 · (Edited)
I am looking for colleges in New York and in Los Angeles that do 1 year courses for adults.

Does anyone know of any good colleges that offer 1 year courses for adults in New York and Los Angeles?

I would like the opportunity to study in America for a year, either in NYC or LA.

Many Thanks

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Level?
Subject?
Hi,

I have a BA hons degree already, i guess i am looking for a vocational course for adults.

I basically want to see what subjects the colleges have to offer so i can see what would appeal to me.

Something art based would be good or history, or courses to do with health. That only last 1 year.

Many Thanks

Discussion starter · #6 ·
Thank you very much peeps for your help.

Are there any websites you could suggest that could start me off on my search to look for a good college?

Also with the quarter semester colleges that do art based courses, could i still at the end of it apply for a visa to work for a year in the states or does that only apply to people taken courses that are more than a year long?

Discussion starter · #9 ·
Thanks People once again for your help...

Honestly though, is it possible to actually go to the USA and study or is it totally impossible? by impossible i mean alot of hassle? As it all sounds very daunting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.