Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I'm after some advice to help us out with visas. Here's our situation:

- I am a British Citizen (have been living in England my whole life) and have been working in with the same employer for over 6 months (earning over £18,600)
- My fiancée is a US Citizen, recently graduated and now unemployed
- We plan to marry in the UK, and both wish to reside in the UK

I've found a lot of information online about Fiancé(e) Visas but I am not sure where the "official" link to this is anymore. Has this been replaced to "Join Family in UK" (gov.uk/join-family-in-uk) ?

If so, is this the correct path for my fiancée to enter the UK on to marry and stay in the UK?

We'd be grateful for any advice or further information, thanks! :)

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
Yes, she will be applying to join family. She fills out the online version of form VA4FA and prints out Appendix and fills it out by hand. You have to meet the financial, accommodation and relationship requirements. You will also need to prove that you intend to marry by providing receipts for deposits or provisional bookings for normal wedding related things like rings, dress, flowers, photographer, venue, etc.

Once married she will apply for FLR (M) which is good for another 2.5 years. After 2.5 years she applies to renew FLR (M) for another 2.5 years. After 5 years she applies for ILR.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.