Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologise if this has been mentioned already. I'm just curious to know if that leaked letter mentioned back in March regarding the possible £25,700 Maintenance Requirement for Spousal Visas (discussed HERE) will still likely come into effect in June?

The reason I ask, is because I'm currently in the States right now visiting the wife. I'd personally like to stay here until mid-May, but I'm unsure whether I should be staying that long, or rushing back to the UK ASAP to prepare the documents for her visa, as I currently fall short of the £25,700 Maintenance Requirement. (meaning our application would be refused should it come into effect before we're able to apply for it)

Best regards,
Xarain

·
Registered
631 Posts
I apologise if this has been mentioned already. I'm just curious to know if that leaked letter mentioned back in March regarding the possible £25,700 Maintenance Requirement for Spousal Visas (discussed HERE) will still likely come into effect in June?

The reason I ask, is because I'm currently in the States right now visiting the wife. I'd personally like to stay here until mid-May, but I'm unsure whether I should be staying that long, or rushing back to the UK ASAP to prepare the documents for her visa, as I currently fall short of the £25,700 Maintenance Requirement. (meaning our application would be refused should it come into effect before we're able to apply for it)

Best regards,
Xarain
As far as I know nothing has been announced officially yet. They don't have to give a future start date, so it is still anybody's guess. They could announce and start immediately or announce and start in a few months, they could also change the recommendations in the final ruling. You all have to just do what you feel most comfortable with. Good luck.

M

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.