Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

rrsp

  1. Expat Tax
    Trying to tax-strategize my investments. US-born, Canadian resident, dual US-Canadian citizen. I live and work in Canada and most of my investments are in a Canadian RRSP. I have a small (<$1,000) brokerage account in the US that I've maintained for 10 years or so, since before I was fully...
  2. Mexico Expat Forum for Expats Living in Mexico
    Whenever I withdraw from my RRSP, the Canadian government treats that as income and will charge tax on it. If I move to Mexico, I will be withdrawing from my RRSP. Does the Mexican government charge income tax on it?
  3. Canada Expat Forum for Expats Living in Canada
    Hello. I have a small UK pension that I want to transfer to a Canadian RRSP. The Canadian banks wont touch it due to tax regulations. My UK bank won't let me cash it in until I'm 55 (15 years). Researching has uncovered lots of shady looking UK 'experts' willing to transfer the pension. Does...
  4. USA Expat Forum for Expats Living in the USA
    Hi Are there any online brokerage accounts in Canada that let Canadian expats buy/sell stock online? TD Canada Waterhouse forces me to use a "US Registered Broker" who charges me 1.5% annually. It adds up. I know that Australian brokerages allow Australian expats to trade online. Cheers2u
  5. Canada Expat Forum for Expats Living in Canada
    Born in US but living in Canada as a Canadian citizen for quite a few years, I am frustrated by the IRS reporting requirements and the cost of reporting while actually not owing them any taxes. I am reluctantly considering giving up my US citizenship to rid myself of the cost, bother and worry...
  6. Canada Expat Forum for Expats Living in Canada
    I have an RRSP but have a question that makes me wonder if it is a good idea. We all know that RRSP's and IRA' are designed to encourage saving by shifting the income to a point in life where presumably you will make less money and have a lower tax rate. My question is for an American living...
  7. Expat Tax
    Hi, Try to read all forums as much as I can't but can't find a clear answer. Us Citizen who came in Canada in 1975. I'm back filling my tax 2009-10-11 and 6 years Fbar (already sent). Following advice on this forum by Bev I start with forms 2555 => Forms 1040. I have Tax Free Saving Account...
  8. Expat Tax
    Does anyone have any info about the tax consequences for Pension plans and RRSP if a dual(Can/US) citizen renounces US citizenship. I have never lived or filed in the states and am working through the filing of my 1040's for the past 5 yrs. I found some info that seems to say there is a 30%...
  9. USA Expat Forum for Expats Living in the USA
    Hello, I am presently working in Canada and will be living in the US as a resident. My present employer contributes 11% of my wage to a pension plan, while I pay 3%. This gives me a total of 14% of my wage in pension contribution a year. In Canada, pension/RRSP is not taxed if it is put into a...
Top