Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-7 of 7 Results
  1. Expat Tax
    trying to fill out a 3520 and 3520A substitute form for a Canadian TFSA. The form asks for trust documents, name of trustee, and US agent. I don't have any of this information/documentation and the people at the bank I spoke with don't have it either. How to complete the form? Help please.
  2. Expat Tax
    This is Tabitha with Greenback Expat Tax Services... Tax time is in full swing and we want to help! Feel free to ask your general US expat tax questions below. We will also be sharing resources and tips throughout the year so you are aware of any breaking tax news that effects expats.
  3. USA Expat Forum for Expats Living in the USA
    Hello, It seems like TFSA is causing a lot of headaches for folks including myself. I was looking for answers on this forum but wanted to know if anyone can help me with my current situation? I closed my TFSA (savings only) account May of 2015 when I found out that there was a huge tax issue...
  4. Expat Tax
    Good afternoon, I've really appreciated the other information in this form Form 3520. I have a very specific question that hasn't been answered yet as far as I can tell: how exactly the report contributions to a foreign trust. The language on the form is opaque to me, and the instructions...
  5. Expat Tax
    I am seeing a lot of conflicting information on this topic on the internet from various accountancy firms. I am looking for advice as well as an accountant who can help me do the right thing to protect my nest egg from penalties in the future due to improper filing. Thanks in advance for your...
  6. Expat Tax
    Hi, I'm very confuse and hope someone can clarify my situation. In 2008, I open a Saving Account TFSA from ING Direct and every year I invest the maximum per year. $5K From what I'm reading lot of people mention that we need to fill 3520 / 3520A for TFSA, but there seem to be different TFSA...
  7. Expat Tax
    Hi, Try to read all forums as much as I can't but can't find a clear answer. Us Citizen who came in Canada in 1975. I'm back filling my tax 2009-10-11 and 6 years Fbar (already sent). Following advice on this forum by Bev I start with forms 2555 => Forms 1040. I have Tax Free Saving Account...
1-7 of 7 Results