Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad

Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad (https://www.expatforum.com/expats/)
-   Spain Expat Forum for Expats Living in Spain (https://www.expatforum.com/expats/spain-expat-forum-expats-living-spain/)
-   -   just out of interest (https://www.expatforum.com/expats/spain-expat-forum-expats-living-spain/19722-just-out-interest.html)

Caz.I 29th March 2009 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojo (Post 121469)
I only asked!!! Personally I think if a girl gets pregnant she should be forced to marry the father LOL!!! Afterall, you dont buy a car if you cant afford and you shouldnt have a baby if you cant

Jo x

Jo, I posted my reply to you further up the page as I ended up replying to Steve Halls before yours, so that comment you replied to was not directed at you. And, erm, more to the point try telling the father that - that he has to marry the girl he got pregnant! And watch him run! Interesting analogy though it doesnt apply to me and its very easy to sit in judgement of single mothers - in most societies they are the easy targets, so anyone who feels they are in a morally superior position tends to attack them. (Usually this is a way of stopping them looking too deeply at their own failings) None of you are remotely qualified to sit in judgement of me, not knowing me nor my circumstances. Sorry you are not enlightened enough to back this one up.

Xose 29th March 2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveHall (Post 121524)
Wow! You must be happy to get that off your chest. So far this week I have been called an estate agent and a Daily Express reader! Whatever next? Gay? Arsenal fan?

I think that you have a weak understanding of the Spanish position on at least two matters

1) "There has long been talk here of more companies changing their opening hours to standard European ones but it hasnt happened " Why should it? Estamos en España.

and re their position on the number of children in a union. Perhaps it is best summed up as: La gloria de la familia es su fecundidad. Que un hombre y una mujer se una para ser felices y satisfacer sus pasiones no entraña ninguna nobleza especial, pero que una sus vidas en vistas a una obra que los trasciende, poniendo en el mundo a otros hombres que continuarán la tradición que ellos a su vez recibieron de sus padres, y que el fin de su matrimonio consista en la creación del ambiente mas favorable al nacimiento y educación de los hijos, eso da al matrimonio una nobleza tal, que ennoblece a los que a él se consagran.

Las familias numerosas contribuyen a la unión de los esposos y a la educación de los hijos. Esto es discutido por algunos sociólogos, pero para demostrarlo reproduciremos las conclusiones de algunos estudios científicos al respecto.

...and that is perhaps why I am Yorkshire by birth and español de corazón.

..... y a nuestras jubilaciones futuras sin tener que depender de los inmigrantes - si, en su dia, los podemos emplear en algo :eek: therein lies the rub!

Caz.I 29th March 2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stravinsky (Post 121436)
This forum, as does any forum around, allows everyone to have their point of view however much other people might agree with them. Free speech, within the rules of course.

Well I suppose that pretty much depends on your personal interpretation of the acceptable use policy and what constitutes, offensive, discrimination, causing annoyance etc.

SteveHall 29th March 2009 09:25 PM

"None of you are remotely qualified to sit in judgement of me, not knowing me nor my circumstances." - agreed

In the same way you have not got the slightest idea about my marriages and relationships and how many children/partners I may or may not be paying for.

Happy to talk about Spain ...but not interested in a tit-for-tat on morals/ethics.

SteveHall 29th March 2009 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caz.I (Post 121553)
Well I suppose that pretty much depends on your personal interpretation of the acceptable use policy and what constitutes, offensive, discrimination, causing annoyance etc.

Rule 1 of the www - do not give offence

Rule 2 of the www - do not allow yourself to be offended

Strav is the moderator so he is the ultimate arbitrator. Punto, final. I don't go off when people call me an estate agent and a Daily Mail reader! LOL

jojo 29th March 2009 09:33 PM

41 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caz.I (Post 121549)
Jo, I posted my reply to you further up the page as I ended up replying to Steve Halls before yours, so that comment you replied to was not directed at you. And, erm, more to the point try telling the father that - that he has to marry the girl he got pregnant! And watch him run! Interesting analogy though it doesnt apply to me and its very easy to sit in judgement of single mothers - in most societies they are the easy targets, so anyone who feels they are in a morally superior position tends to attack them. (Usually this is a way of stopping them looking too deeply at their own failings) None of you are remotely qualified to sit in judgement of me, not knowing me nor my circumstances. Sorry you are not enlightened enough to back this one up.

Its nothing to do with morality, its to do with being responsible. As for blokes running a mile, well there are many things a woman can do to protect herself when she isnt planning to stay with a man or have a baby. I´m sorry, but having a child is the most important thing a human being can do, yet people just give birth and assume that society should take on the financial burden. Why?? Like the car analogy, its not acceptable to go and buy a car and then expect everyone else to contribute, so why a child which is infinately more important.

If it sounds like I´m taking a moral high ground, well of course I´m not. Its not the actions that is the problem, its the consequences and the "accidental" results that I think are wrong

Jo

Caz.I 29th March 2009 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xose (Post 121552)
..... y a nuestras jubilaciones futuras sin tener que depender de los inmigrantes - si, en su dia, los podemos emplear en algo :eek: therein lies the rub!

Pero, no son solamente inmigrantes que son madres solteras, espanolas sufren tambien. Ademas, los hijos de madres solteras que nacieron aqui en espana sean de inmigrantes o no, son espanoles tambien. O supongas que no? Personalmente, el padre de mi hijo es sudamericano, mi hijo solo habla castellano todavia y vivo en un ambiente espanol. Si podais aceptar este realidad significa madurez como un pais multicultural. Y cada pais o cultura tiene un valor inherente y algo especial contribuir. Vamos a ver.
(In English, now for those who may be reading this and are not fluent in Spanish - and also because have just realised that the rules say postings should be in English)
But, its not only immigrants who are single mothers, Spanish women also suffer. Besides, the children of single mothers who are born in Spain will be Spanish as well. Or do you think not? Personally, the father of my son is South American, my son speaks only Spanish yet and I live in a Spanish environment. If you can accept this reality it signifies maturity as a multicultural country. And each country or culture has an inherent value and something special ton contribute. Let's see.

Caz.I 29th March 2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojo (Post 121558)
Its nothing to do with morality, its to do with being responsible. As for blokes running a mile, well there are many things a woman can do to protect herself when she isnt planning to stay with a man or have a baby. I´m sorry, but having a child is the most important thing a human being can do, yet people just give birth and assume that society should take on the financial burden. Why?? Like the car analogy, its not acceptable to go and buy a car and then expect everyone else to contribute, so why a child which is infinately more important.

If it sounds like I´m taking a moral high ground, well of course I´m not. Its not the actions that is the problem, its the consequences and the "accidental" results that I think are wrong

Jo

Well Jo I am certainly not one of those people who you have mentioned above. But like I said before I hope you never have to face the situation I did. Then you may think differently.

jojo 29th March 2009 10:08 PM

41 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveHall (Post 121556)



I don't go off when people call me an estate agent and a Daily Mail reader! LOL

...... or gay ?!! :D
Jo xx

SteveHall 29th March 2009 10:22 PM

I like a woman with a sense of humour. One day you'll get one LOL


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.