Towns accessible from Malaga airport for permanent move - Page 3

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Europe > Spain Expat Forum for Expats Living in Spain

Spain Expat Forum for Expats Living in Spain The Spain Expats forum is a dedicated community of people who have moved to Spain, or who are planning to. This is the place for Expats to meet and discuss anything about moving to, & living in, Spain.

Like Tree17Likes

Towns accessible from Malaga airport for permanent move - Page 3


Reply
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 3rd July 2019, 10:50 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 13
Rep Power: 0
Factor50 is on a distinguished road
1 likes received
7 likes given

Default

Thanks again for all the fantastic advice.

I don't have an "Iceland" here Baldilocks , so this could be a real treat haha!!


tarot650 and Isobella thanks for the suggestions, they are adding to my growing list which is great. As I said I will be making many trips over the next while , and because the area I am looking is so vast it feels daunting at the moment so its great to get some pointers.

I agree totally Isobella in terms of not knowing someone it is hard to give accurate advice , However in terms of the type of area I would like/ would suit my personality - would be a town not full of nightclubs and non stop partying , but at the same time have good bars with good atmosphere and most important people roughly of similar age (Im early 30s). I do really want to try and integrate.

I wont keep posting because I could be starting to annoy some people at this stage with all my questions , unfortunately it doesn't seem possible to send direct messages. However I hope I may be helping one or two others who are reading the above with similar interests in a move.

Regards,
Factor50

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 3rd July 2019, 11:44 AM
baldilocks's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Castillo de Locubín in the Sierra Sur de Jaén, Spain
Posts: 16,154
Rep Power: 129651
baldilocks has a reputation beyond reputebaldilocks has a reputation beyond reputebaldilocks has a reputation beyond reputebaldilocks has a reputation beyond reputebaldilocks has a reputation beyond reputebaldilocks has a reputation beyond reputebaldilocks has a reputation beyond reputebaldilocks has a reputation beyond reputebaldilocks has a reputation beyond reputebaldilocks has a reputation beyond reputebaldilocks has a reputation beyond repute
8950 likes received
13990 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in spain.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factor50 View Post
Thanks again for all the fantastic advice.

I don't have an "Iceland" here Baldilocks , so this could be a real treat haha!!


tarot650 and Isobella thanks for the suggestions, they are adding to my growing list which is great. As I said I will be making many trips over the next while , and because the area I am looking is so vast it feels daunting at the moment so its great to get some pointers.

I agree totally Isobella in terms of not knowing someone it is hard to give accurate advice , However in terms of the type of area I would like/ would suit my personality - would be a town not full of nightclubs and non stop partying , but at the same time have good bars with good atmosphere and most important people roughly of similar age (Im early 30s). I do really want to try and integrate.

I wont keep posting because I could be starting to annoy some people at this stage with all my questions , unfortunately it doesn't seem possible to send direct messages. However I hope I may be helping one or two others who are reading the above with similar interests in a move.

Regards,
Factor50
Now that your post count is above 5, you should be able to use the Private Messaging.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 3rd July 2019, 11:51 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 13
Rep Power: 0
Factor50 is on a distinguished road
1 likes received
7 likes given

Default

You are spot on Baldilocks , thank you...... I owe you an "Iceland" fish and chips haha!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 5th July 2019, 09:05 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: south east england
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
Nowornever1 is on a distinguished road
5 likes received
5 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in spain.
Default

Hello mate,

I don't have to much advise for you but seems our situations are very very similar. I'm planning to make the move soon as well & commute bk to London 2 weeks a month for work (mainly as I don't want to be tax resident in spain) same as you I like Marbella/Mijas area as im young, early 30's and want a bit of life and atmosphere with mix of Spanish and English. I've been to the east of malaga - nerja, frigliana etc its beautiful but for me its way to quiet & is mainly retired people. Marbella/calahonda type way seems to tick all boxes but a good 60 mins from airport and more expensive. From experience I would rather an extra 20min commute to be in an area that meets your requirements than to live somewhere close that doesn't, just food for thought especially as fitting in to a new culture is going to be vital.
Maybe can meet for a beer over there, i'm in Marbella area for a month in September.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 5th July 2019, 09:12 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Malaga 30 years
Posts: 437
Rep Power: 1351
Juan C has a reputation beyond reputeJuan C has a reputation beyond reputeJuan C has a reputation beyond reputeJuan C has a reputation beyond reputeJuan C has a reputation beyond reputeJuan C has a reputation beyond reputeJuan C has a reputation beyond reputeJuan C has a reputation beyond reputeJuan C has a reputation beyond reputeJuan C has a reputation beyond reputeJuan C has a reputation beyond repute
173 likes received
11 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in spain.
Default

now or never
You may have just mis- worded you post but if move to spain, that is make it your main home, you become tax resident immediately

However if you visit spain for less than three months PERMANENTLY, or less that 183 total in a year, providing you maintain you main residence and tax residency in U.K. you will not become tax resident in spain. .
Factor50 likes this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 5th July 2019, 09:29 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: south east england
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
Nowornever1 is on a distinguished road
5 likes received
5 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in spain.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan C View Post
now or never
You may have just mis- worded you post but if move to spain, that is make it your main home, you become tax resident immediately

However if you visit spain for less than three months PERMANENTLY, or less that 183 total in a year, providing you maintain you main residence and tax residency in U.K. you will not become tax resident in spain. .
Thanks for the reply, how would they determine main residence? my plan would be 184 days in UK a year the rest in Spain never more than 4 weeks straight in Spain. My business, property (although it will become a buy to let) etc is in UK. Would this not lean more towards the UK? appreciate any advice & sorry to hijack thread although I imagine might be a concern of the author too.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 5th July 2019, 09:31 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: south east england
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
Nowornever1 is on a distinguished road
5 likes received
5 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in spain.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowornever1 View Post
Hello mate,

I don't have to much advise for you but seems our situations are very very similar. I'm planning to make the move soon as well & commute bk to London 2 weeks a month for work (mainly as I don't want to be tax resident in spain) same as you I like Marbella/Mijas area as im young, early 30's and want a bit of life and atmosphere with mix of Spanish and English. I've been to the east of malaga - nerja, frigliana etc its beautiful but for me its way to quiet & is mainly retired people. Marbella/calahonda type way seems to tick all boxes but a good 60 mins from airport and more expensive. From experience I would rather an extra 20min commute to be in an area that meets your requirements than to live somewhere close that doesn't, just food for thought especially as fitting in to a new culture is going to be vital.
Maybe can meet for a beer over there, i'm in Marbella area for a month in September.

Also mate if your adamant about being close to airport check out Benalmadena, still quite lively, 25 mins to airport with good bus links, a lot of brits there but I thought it was nice, better than fuengirola/torremelinos imo

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 5th July 2019, 09:38 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Malaga 30 years
Posts: 437
Rep Power: 1351
Juan C has a reputation beyond reputeJuan C has a reputation beyond reputeJuan C has a reputation beyond reputeJuan C has a reputation beyond reputeJuan C has a reputation beyond reputeJuan C has a reputation beyond reputeJuan C has a reputation beyond reputeJuan C has a reputation beyond reputeJuan C has a reputation beyond reputeJuan C has a reputation beyond reputeJuan C has a reputation beyond repute
173 likes received
11 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in spain.
Default

If a tax authority question where you must pay tax, I believe you will find you will have to prove, the facts you are relying on, in order to prove they are wrong.

In normal circumstances where one is resident, their centre of economic activity, their main home etc. is clear. It probably only becomes a problem when one is trying to get around the rules to evade, or at the least avoid, their tax responsibly
Factor50 and Nowornever1 like this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 5th July 2019, 09:44 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: south east england
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
Nowornever1 is on a distinguished road
5 likes received
5 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in spain.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan C View Post
If a tax authority question where you must pay tax, I believe you will find you will have to prove, the facts you are relying on, in order to prove they are wrong.

In normal circumstances where one is resident, their centre of economic activity, their main home etc. is clear. It probably only becomes a problem when one is trying to get around the rules to evade, or at the least avoid, their tax responsibly
Ok thanks for that, will take that into account and keep records to prove im spending more time in UK etc eventually I would probably transition to become a resident in spain (Brexit pending) but as you know they clobber you for tax there especially if you have assets etc so i'm keen to avoid that for a while until I settle down and it becomes more difficult to split my time.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 5th July 2019, 09:48 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Malaga 30 years
Posts: 437
Rep Power: 1351
Juan C has a reputation beyond reputeJuan C has a reputation beyond reputeJuan C has a reputation beyond reputeJuan C has a reputation beyond reputeJuan C has a reputation beyond reputeJuan C has a reputation beyond reputeJuan C has a reputation beyond reputeJuan C has a reputation beyond reputeJuan C has a reputation beyond reputeJuan C has a reputation beyond reputeJuan C has a reputation beyond repute
173 likes received
11 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in spain.
Default

[QUOTE=Nowornever1;14900446]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowornever1 View Post

Also mate if your adamant about being close to airport check out Benalmadena, still quite lively, 25 mins to airport with good bus links, a lot of brits there but I thought it was nice, better than fuengirola/torremelinos imo
Be aware Benalmadena comprises several areas most of which are hilly, lots of ups and downs. In main the coastal area, Arroyo de la Miel ( where the railway station is) and the pueblo high up the hill towards Mijas. They are very different when one is considering in which part to live

PS Knowing benalmadena as a whole and, in main flat, fuengirola, I would say the latter is considerably more preferably. But one mans meat ........ !
Factor50 likes this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.