when get SMS for ID application - Page 122

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Middle East & Africa > South Africa Expat Forum for Expats Living in South Africa

South Africa Expat Forum for Expats Living in South Africa The South Africa Expats forum is a great place to meet other Expats now living in South Africa. Join our Expat community and discuss all issues including living, working, kids, transportation, socialising, eating and buying houses in South Africa.

Like Tree171Likes

when get SMS for ID application - Page 122


Reply
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #1211 (permalink)  
Old 6th August 2019, 09:03 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 19
Rep Power: 0
Lekoalal24 is on a distinguished road
15 likes received

Default

Thank you every one,#jeje you will get yours soon thats for sure. #Jack14 woow you are the luckiest 11 days is the shortest time by far for marriage section. I did not submit the marrige register.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #1212 (permalink)  
Old 15th August 2019, 10:32 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Johannesburg
Posts: 5
Rep Power: 0
lebaneese is on a distinguished road
3 likes received

Users Flag! Originally from lebanon. Users Flag! Expat in southafrica.
Default

Hey everyone,

My update, I applied on 12 April in Pretoria Byron Place. Married. Been calling every two weeks.

Latest update early this week was that the ID is in printing, and I asked if it's possible to get a temporary ID, and they confirmed that my fingerprints have been captured. So I came to Byron Place and I got the temporary ID!

Feels surreal. At least I have something and life can begin, somewhat :-)
jejemeneka likes this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #1213 (permalink)  
Old 15th August 2019, 11:00 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: South Africa
Posts: 117
Rep Power: 0
Fortune07 is on a distinguished road
20 likes received
27 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from cameroon. Users Flag! Expat in southafrica.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebaneese View Post
Hey everyone,

My update, I applied on 12 April in Pretoria Byron Place. Married. Been calling every two weeks.

Latest update early this week was that the ID is in printing, and I asked if it's possible to get a temporary ID, and they confirmed that my fingerprints have been captured. So I came to Byron Place and I got the temporary ID!

Feels surreal. At least I have something and life can begin, somewhat :-)
Hi Lebanesse,

Woow Blessed you!!

Is it via the call centre that you were told that your finger prints have been captured? Where or who did you talk to to get that Temporary ID which floor at Byron Place? I was there yesterday but they said they couldn't give me a temporary ID but they gave me my ID number.

Here is my story.

I applied beginning of March 2019, Married. 3 weeks ago i called the call centre and i was told sthg abt it being stock at a particular stage but that it has passed the marriage stage (to which i was very much surprised cos as i have read here, for married persons application stays long at this stage). She said she will escalate it and she gave me a case number. 1 week after that i got a call from a guy in home affairs who asked me few questions and also said he just wanted to let me know that they are working on my file. But he also mentioned my application wasn't submitted as married but as single. Which i was shocked bec i clearly stated i was married and submitted my husband's ID and all. I asked him if he could change it but he said i must go into the office to fix it.

So yesterday i was there at Byron Place to fix all these. The lady told me my application is still at marriage. She gave me my ID number, and i specifically asked her if she can't do a temporary ID for me, but she said no. So when do they capture finger prints? before or after the marriage stage? if after then makes sense why she couldn't make a temp ID for me but if before why couldn't she?

Thanks,
jejemeneka likes this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #1214 (permalink)  
Old 15th August 2019, 02:51 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 39
Rep Power: 0
jejemeneka is on a distinguished road
6 likes received
41 likes given

Default

@ Fortune07, they capture your fingerprints after marriage.
I called on Monday to inquire about my application and was told that it's still at fingerprint section. I then realized that I received an e-mail on the 26 July from DHA confirming that my application is at fingerprint section after the marriage was captured. I asked why almost 2 weeks at fingerprint section and it's where I learned that your photo, your fingerprints need to be captured and updated.

My application just move to step 3 (Printing) today, I applied end of January 2019 (Married) hope that i will receive the mighty SMS next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortune07 View Post
Hi Lebanesse,

Blessed you!!

Is it via the call centre that you were told that your finger prints have been captured? Where or who did you talk to to get that Temporary ID which floor at Byron Place? I was there yesterday but they said they couldn't give me a temporary ID but they gave me my ID number.

Here is my story.

I applied beginning of March 2019, Married. 3 weeks ago i called the call centre and i was told sthg abt it being stock at a particular stage but that it has passed the marriage stage (to which i was very much surprised cos as i have read here, for married persons application stays long at this stage). She said she will escalate it and she gave me a case number. 1 week after that i got a call from a guy in home affairs who asked me few questions and also said he just wanted to let me know that they are working on my file. But he also mentioned my application wasn't submitted as married but as single. Which i was shocked bec i clearly stated i was married and submitted my husband's ID and all. I asked him if he could change it but he said i must go into the office to fix it.

So yesterday i was there at Byron Place to fix all these. The lady told me my application is still at marriage. She gave me my ID number, and i specifically asked her if she can't do a temporary ID for me, but she said no. So when do they capture finger prints? before or after the marriage stage? if after then makes sense why she couldn't make a temp ID for me but if before why couldn't she?

Thanks,
Fortune07 likes this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #1215 (permalink)  
Old 15th August 2019, 04:01 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: South Africa
Posts: 117
Rep Power: 0
Fortune07 is on a distinguished road
20 likes received
27 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from cameroon. Users Flag! Expat in southafrica.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jejemeneka View Post
@ Fortune07, they capture your fingerprints after marriage.
I called on Monday to inquire about my application and was told that it's still at fingerprint section. I then realized that I received an e-mail on the 26 July from DHA confirming that my application is at fingerprint section after the marriage was captured. I asked why almost 2 weeks at fingerprint section and it's where I learned that your photo, your fingerprints need to be captured and updated.

My application just move to step 3 (Printing) today, I applied end of January 2019 (Married) hope that i will receive the mighty SMS next week.

Thanks very much Jejemeneka. Will call next week and hear what they will say. I will try that number that the DHA official called me wth as well, might be lucky to get first hand information and compare with that from the call centre.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #1216 (permalink)  
Old 17th August 2019, 06:48 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: SA
Posts: 11
Rep Power: 0
foreign_national is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from zimbabwe. Users Flag! Expat in southafrica.
Default

Hi All

I applied for an ID end of July and I haven't received any correspondence since then, I was expecting to receive a message confirming my application as well as my reference number. How long does one have to wait to receive an reference number? Please help me good people.

Thanks in advance

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #1217 (permalink)  
Old 20th August 2019, 04:31 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Pretoria
Posts: 2
Rep Power: 0
TheImmigrant is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from cuba. Users Flag! Expat in southafrica.
Default Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreign_national View Post
Hi All

I applied for an ID end of July and I haven't received any correspondence since then, I was expecting to receive a message confirming my application as well as my reference number. How long does one have to wait to receive an reference number? Please help me good people.

Thanks in advance
I will reply you in the form of my experience.

I applied on Tuesday 30 July 2019. The guy at HA office gave showed me the reference number and actually said I should use it to check the progress of my application. By Thursday I had not received any sms notification. I had heard that I should receive an sms. So decided to phone 080 060 1190. The polite lady at the end of the line said there was no such application. Friday I went back to application office straight to the guy who had handled my application. I told him my application was not in the system. He did not look surprised. He said I was not supposed to expect it to be in the system. (remember on Tuesday 30 July he had told me I could follow my application on the system). I asked why? He then told me my application was complete as I had filled in a form BI 1620. I tried to be calm. I had three questions:

Firstly, why did we fill that form on 30 July?
why didn't he tell me that my application was not complete yet?
why did he insinuate that it was complete and actually went on to advise me to check progress of my
application?

Well I tried to be kind so I didn't ask him directly...I was furious. I was afraid I would loose my temper. in any case I thought it wise to try to work with him.

So he said he didn't have the form. He is waiting for Pretoria to send the form to him.

Here I will cut the story short.

the following week, on Tuesday 06 August I filled the form ...he entered the details into the system while I was there. I received the sms while I was still in the application office. Done. I went back to my office phoned 080 060 1190 and they confirmed the application was in the system.

I hope my experiences will help you.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #1218 (permalink)  
Old 20th August 2019, 08:35 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Johannesburg
Posts: 5
Rep Power: 0
lebaneese is on a distinguished road
3 likes received

Users Flag! Originally from lebanon. Users Flag! Expat in southafrica.
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImmigrant View Post
I will reply you in the form of my experience.

I applied on Tuesday 30 July 2019. The guy at HA office gave showed me the reference number and actually said I should use it to check the progress of my application. By Thursday I had not received any sms notification. I had heard that I should receive an sms. So decided to phone 080 060 1190. The polite lady at the end of the line said there was no such application. Friday I went back to application office straight to the guy who had handled my application. I told him my application was not in the system. He did not look surprised. He said I was not supposed to expect it to be in the system. (remember on Tuesday 30 July he had told me I could follow my application on the system). I asked why? He then told me my application was complete as I had filled in a form BI 1620. I tried to be calm. I had three questions:

Firstly, why did we fill that form on 30 July?
why didn't he tell me that my application was not complete yet?
why did he insinuate that it was complete and actually went on to advise me to check progress of my
application?

Well I tried to be kind so I didn't ask him directly...I was furious. I was afraid I would loose my temper. in any case I thought it wise to try to work with him.

So he said he didn't have the form. He is waiting for Pretoria to send the form to him.

Here I will cut the story short.

the following week, on Tuesday 06 August I filled the form ...he entered the details into the system while I was there. I received the sms while I was still in the application office. Done. I went back to my office phoned 080 060 1190 and they confirmed the application was in the system.

I hope my experiences will help you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImmigrant View Post
I will reply you in the form of my experience.

I applied on Tuesday 30 July 2019. The guy at HA office gave showed me the reference number and actually said I should use it to check the progress of my application. By Thursday I had not received any sms notification. I had heard that I should receive an sms. So decided to phone 080 060 1190. The polite lady at the end of the line said there was no such application. Friday I went back to application office straight to the guy who had handled my application. I told him my application was not in the system. He did not look surprised. He said I was not supposed to expect it to be in the system. (remember on Tuesday 30 July he had told me I could follow my application on the system). I asked why? He then told me my application was complete as I had filled in a form BI 1620. I tried to be calm. I had three questions:

Firstly, why did we fill that form on 30 July?
why didn't he tell me that my application was not complete yet?
why did he insinuate that it was complete and actually went on to advise me to check progress of my
application?

Well I tried to be kind so I didn't ask him directly...I was furious. I was afraid I would loose my temper. in any case I thought it wise to try to work with him.

So he said he didn't have the form. He is waiting for Pretoria to send the form to him.

Here I will cut the story short.

the following week, on Tuesday 06 August I filled the form ...he entered the details into the system while I was there. I received the sms while I was still in the application office. Done. I went back to my office phoned 080 060 1190 and they confirmed the application was in the system.

I hope my experiences will help you.
This happened to me too.... I did not receive an SMS for a week after applying. I kept calling the call centre and they were confirming my application was not in the system. I went back to Byron Place, found the lady who had accepted my application and she went back to the files from the previous week to locate my application.

She has forgot to enter it into the system . While I was therem she entered it immediately and I received the SMS.

@foreign_national, if you have not received an SMS in so long, please go back. Your application may not have been captured.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #1219 (permalink)  
Old 20th August 2019, 09:58 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Pretoria
Posts: 2
Rep Power: 0
TheImmigrant is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from cuba. Users Flag! Expat in southafrica.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebaneese View Post
This happened to me too.... I did not receive an SMS for a week after applying. I kept calling the call centre and they were confirming my application was not in the system. I went back to Byron Place, found the lady who had accepted my application and she went back to the files from the previous week to locate my application.

She has forgot to enter it into the system . While I was therem she entered it immediately and I received the SMS.

@foreign_national, if you have not received an SMS in so long, please go back. Your application may not have been captured.
Yep. I hope everybody impacted gets this point.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #1220 (permalink)  
Old 22nd August 2019, 05:35 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Johannesburg
Posts: 5
Rep Power: 0
lebaneese is on a distinguished road
3 likes received

Users Flag! Originally from lebanon. Users Flag! Expat in southafrica.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebaneese View Post
This happened to me too.... I did not receive an SMS for a week after applying. I kept calling the call centre and they were confirming my application was not in the system. I went back to Byron Place, found the lady who had accepted my application and she went back to the files from the previous week to locate my application.

She has forgot to enter it into the system . While I was therem she entered it immediately and I received the SMS.

@foreign_national, if you have not received an SMS in so long, please go back. Your application may not have been captured.
Hey everyone, I finally received my ID document yesterday... I cannot state in words how much of a relief this is! It took almost exactly 4 months. I am married.

Below are the notes I took as I followed up. As you can see, in some cases the call centre agents straight-out lied to me , in other cases they just told me very unclear updates... But I hope someone can get a sense of the process from this:

12 April Applied at Pretoria Byron Place - was not captured
18 April Went back to the office of Application to follow to. Finally captured in the system
3 May SMS notification that application has been sent to head office
10 May Status: Sent to marriages
29 May Status: In paper preparation - still have to register marriage (update not clear)
30 May Status: Sent to printing on 21 May (this person sounds unsure, probably lying)
13 June Status: In paper preparation
19 June Status: Out of marriages
2 July Status: In paper preparation
5 July Status: ID Number Allocated. Linking ID number to fingerprints. (this person sounds unsure)
15 July Status: Dispatched from paper preparation
22 July Status: Finalised on 18 July. To be sent to Office of Application <<lies!!!!!!>>
25 July Status: sent to ID section
26 July Status: sent to head office for processing
3 August Status: Dispatched to HANIS (fingerprints) on 2 August
7 August Status: Data [capturing] section (next step quality checks, then dispatch)
15 August Status: Finalised and received in printing on 12 August. Temporary ID Possible.
15 August - Temporary ID Issued. Valid for 2 months
21 August - Received SMS, ID Ready. Collected.

ID says issued on 12 August.
mawire and jejemeneka like this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Tags
permanent residence id, south african dha id

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SMS international rates star77 Spain Expat Forum for Expats Living in Spain 11 23rd August 2011 06:21 PM
SMS Message Lanason Egypt Expat Forum for Expats Living in Egypt 10 16th February 2011 04:38 PM

FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.