Permanent Residence Timescales and Current Status - Page 131

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Middle East & Africa > South Africa Expat Forum for Expats Living in South Africa

South Africa Expat Forum for Expats Living in South Africa The South Africa Expats forum is a great place to meet other Expats now living in South Africa. Join our Expat community and discuss all issues including living, working, kids, transportation, socialising, eating and buying houses in South Africa.

Like Tree232Likes

Permanent Residence Timescales and Current Status - Page 131


Reply
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #1301 (permalink)  
Old 14th August 2019, 11:27 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 3
Rep Power: 0
Kayamba is on a distinguished road

Default

Send to [email protected] the number of the lady u used to call to assist you following up on your application. My application is at QA stage .

QUOTE=iamtheman;14920322]Hi guys. Thank you so much for the beneficial info you have been sharing on this platform. As such I wouldn't like the sweet spirit of testimonies to die on me, let me testify too and give someone out there some hope!

I applied for a PRP in December 2018 and finally collected a +ve outcome today! under SEC 27b (i.e. critical skills permit). Bellow is the detailed journey:

SUBMISSION: 18 December 2018
RECEIVED at DHA: 04 January 2019
FOLLOW UP: Multiple times but nothing changed. They kept telling me to take it easy because it's still withing then 8 months stipulated period.

I started followups in March after the adjudicator contacted me requesting my Qualifications to be emailed to him. I was hoping it could take 4 months just like others but alas! It stayed with the adjudicator for about 3 moths i.e. Jan to March.

April I did another set of followups and I was told it was now on QA stage 1 since the 13th of April. Towards 8 May the election day I called and I was told the application had passed all the QA stages now it was with the final adjudicator to make recommendations and a decision to be made thereafter.

I exercised patience for the whole month of May and nothing rang in my ears. I sent a mail to the call center team and they said take a chill pill your permit is still withing the stipulated time-frame.

In June I made another followup and I was told my application is at QA stage 1. This confused me badly as I felt like it was now going under reverse engineering. I explained to the Call Center agent that last time I checked just before elections I was told my application had passed all QA stages only waiting for final decision so what do you mean now? He said Sir, there is nothing like that, I am only telling you what I can see on the system. He even said your application was last worked on ON the 13th of April.

My heart was heavy and confused when I saw others getting theirs within 3-4 months even those who applied after. However mostly those super quick outcomes were for Student Waiver applicants. I also studied and graduated in SA but unfortunately the Graduate Waiver news reached my ears on the 11th hour.

At this time that's when I saw someone on this thread saying If you don't want stress and early disappointments please start doing follow ups on or after the 8th month. I welcomed his words and I said lemme just forget about this thing for once. I did so but as we were approaching the 7th month something in me tickled again and I called them again and at this time they told me what I wanted to hear!!

They said my application is now on the final stage of QA then goes to the DG (or someone along those lines) for finalization. My mood was motivated and I started calling frequently again.
I had a direct line which I can share privately as it might not be safe and wise for me to paste them on a public space like this. I got this number when the adjudicator called me some time back in March. When I did a followup on his number he then gave me this lady's number who is dedicated for PRP applications only. Very quick and efficient, 10 seconds ring she picks the phone and gives and update almost immediately. Unlike the Call Center whereby you hold for 13 minutes and when you give them your ref they take another 7 minutes digging the update and only to come back and say your application is still at quality assurance stage 1. I wonder what he would be reading for 7 good minutes. At one point they just do this only to make us more frustrated and perhaps discourage us from calling again.

Back to my story, this was early July and I called again after about two weeks and more sweeter news came in my ears! I was told my outcome has been dispatched! They said give it 10 working days but to me I just couldn't! I called VFS after 3 days and I was told "Systems don't lie" if the online tracker still says "Recived at DHA..." then nothing has been received back to us. I took a chill pill again and only yesterday my x-workmate who applied in Jan called me and said he received an email about his prp status. (Our applications had only about 10 days difference).

I checked my mail too and saw the same update which was saying my outcome has been dispatched and will be ready for collection after 1 working day. This morning again we both got mails saying outcome are ready for collection. He collected his +ve result around 12 this noon and I collected mine too around 3PM.

So in a nutshell, generally speaking we can say my application took 8 months i.e. from the month of reception at the DHA which is Jan to August but on a more literal level it took 7 months. 4 Jan to 27 Jul issue date.

MORAL: Be patient and from my own analysis I think mostly if they take this long it means it's a +ve outcome I guess. Good luck to those still waiting, appealing and those planning to. Keep thinking +ve and stay motivated all the time! Komborerwai![/QUOTE]

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #1302 (permalink)  
Old 15th August 2019, 08:07 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 3
Rep Power: 0
Bango Sithole is on a distinguished road

Default

I had a similar case last week. Was afraid that it could be a sign of disaster.

But when i collected it was a POSITIVE outcome.

Smile. All is well.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #1303 (permalink)  
Old 15th August 2019, 08:10 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 3
Rep Power: 0
Bango Sithole is on a distinguished road

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogeyman View Post
Hi Guys,
is it current practice for a PRP application to get to the printing stage and be re assigned to an adjudicator?
Does that mean bad news?
i applied under section 27 b in March this year.
Monday i called the center to inquire about the progress they told me it was in final stage and today when i followed up they said ,it has been re assigned to an adjudicator .
I had a similar case last week. Was afraid that it could be a sign of disaster.

But when i collected it was a POSITIVE outcome.

Smile. All is well.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #1304 (permalink)  
Old 15th August 2019, 09:14 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 11
Rep Power: 0
Leaflet is on a distinguished road
1 likes received

Default

I was told my outcome was sent to printing yesterday . I'm just wondering how long to wait till I receive a message🤔

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #1305 (permalink)  
Old 15th August 2019, 09:52 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 3
Rep Power: 0
Bango Sithole is on a distinguished road

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaflet View Post
I was told my outcome was sent to printing yesterday . I'm just wondering how long to wait till I receive a message🤔
mine, looks like it took to 5 days.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #1306 (permalink)  
Old 15th August 2019, 10:05 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 11
Rep Power: 0
Leaflet is on a distinguished road
1 likes received

Default

Ok,I guess I just have to wait.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #1307 (permalink)  
Old 21st August 2019, 06:06 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 3
Rep Power: 0
Kayamba is on a distinguished road

Default

0800 contact number for home affairs is not working. Which other number can we use to push

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #1308 (permalink)  
Old 21st August 2019, 06:10 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: South Africa
Posts: 48
Rep Power: 0
mawire is on a distinguished road
10 likes received
20 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from zimbabwe. Users Flag! Expat in southafrica.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayamba View Post
0800 contact number for home affairs is not working. Which other number can we use to push
Only viable option is email: [email protected]

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #1309 (permalink)  
Old 22nd August 2019, 01:43 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Johannesburg
Posts: 30
Rep Power: 0
mankan69 is on a distinguished road
2 likes received
6 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from zimbabwe. Users Flag! Expat in southafrica.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtheman View Post
Hi guys. Thank you so much for the beneficial info you have been sharing on this platform. As such I wouldn't like the sweet spirit of testimonies to die on me, let me testify too and give someone out there some hope!

I applied for a PRP in December 2018 and finally collected a +ve outcome today! under SEC 27b (i.e. critical skills permit). Bellow is the detailed journey:

SUBMISSION: 18 December 2018
RECEIVED at DHA: 04 January 2019
FOLLOW UP: Multiple times but nothing changed. They kept telling me to take it easy because it's still withing then 8 months stipulated period.

I started followups in March after the adjudicator contacted me requesting my Qualifications to be emailed to him. I was hoping it could take 4 months just like others but alas! It stayed with the adjudicator for about 3 moths i.e. Jan to March.

April I did another set of followups and I was told it was now on QA stage 1 since the 13th of April. Towards 8 May the election day I called and I was told the application had passed all the QA stages now it was with the final adjudicator to make recommendations and a decision to be made thereafter.

I exercised patience for the whole month of May and nothing rang in my ears. I sent a mail to the call center team and they said take a chill pill your permit is still withing the stipulated time-frame.

In June I made another followup and I was told my application is at QA stage 1. This confused me badly as I felt like it was now going under reverse engineering. I explained to the Call Center agent that last time I checked just before elections I was told my application had passed all QA stages only waiting for final decision so what do you mean now? He said Sir, there is nothing like that, I am only telling you what I can see on the system. He even said your application was last worked on ON the 13th of April.

My heart was heavy and confused when I saw others getting theirs within 3-4 months even those who applied after. However mostly those super quick outcomes were for Student Waiver applicants. I also studied and graduated in SA but unfortunately the Graduate Waiver news reached my ears on the 11th hour.

At this time that's when I saw someone on this thread saying If you don't want stress and early disappointments please start doing follow ups on or after the 8th month. I welcomed his words and I said lemme just forget about this thing for once. I did so but as we were approaching the 7th month something in me tickled again and I called them again and at this time they told me what I wanted to hear!!

They said my application is now on the final stage of QA then goes to the DG (or someone along those lines) for finalization. My mood was motivated and I started calling frequently again.
I had a direct line which I can share privately as it might not be safe and wise for me to paste them on a public space like this. I got this number when the adjudicator called me some time back in March. When I did a followup on his number he then gave me this lady's number who is dedicated for PRP applications only. Very quick and efficient, 10 seconds ring she picks the phone and gives and update almost immediately. Unlike the Call Center whereby you hold for 13 minutes and when you give them your ref they take another 7 minutes digging the update and only to come back and say your application is still at quality assurance stage 1. I wonder what he would be reading for 7 good minutes. At one point they just do this only to make us more frustrated and perhaps discourage us from calling again.

Back to my story, this was early July and I called again after about two weeks and more sweeter news came in my ears! I was told my outcome has been dispatched! They said give it 10 working days but to me I just couldn't! I called VFS after 3 days and I was told "Systems don't lie" if the online tracker still says "Recived at DHA..." then nothing has been received back to us. I took a chill pill again and only yesterday my x-workmate who applied in Jan called me and said he received an email about his prp status. (Our applications had only about 10 days difference).

I checked my mail too and saw the same update which was saying my outcome has been dispatched and will be ready for collection after 1 working day. This morning again we both got mails saying outcome are ready for collection. He collected his +ve result around 12 this noon and I collected mine too around 3PM.

So in a nutshell, generally speaking we can say my application took 8 months i.e. from the month of reception at the DHA which is Jan to August but on a more literal level it took 7 months. 4 Jan to 27 Jul issue date.

MORAL: Be patient and from my own analysis I think mostly if they take this long it means it's a +ve outcome I guess. Good luck to those still waiting, appealing and those planning to. Keep thinking +ve and stay motivated all the time! Komborerwai!
Please share the number with me.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Going from 457 to 856 Employer Sponsored Permanent Residence Status ardie514 Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 17 14th October 2014 02:18 PM
Concerned about current Visa status lovestravel Britain Expat Forum for Expats Living in the UK 1 24th January 2013 10:51 AM
Can a Permanent Residence be revoke on the grounds of not changing a status? reemandoh Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 17 11th February 2012 09:56 AM
Need advice -- adult student hoping for T4 to T1 and Permanent residence status StacieC Britain Expat Forum for Expats Living in the UK 3 10th September 2010 06:26 AM
Current status of racial attacks smof Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 21 9th July 2009 03:45 AM

FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.