Spousal visa with endorsement to work - where can I follow up

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Middle East & Africa > South Africa Expat Forum for Expats Living in South Africa

South Africa Expat Forum for Expats Living in South Africa The South Africa Expats forum is a great place to meet other Expats now living in South Africa. Join our Expat community and discuss all issues including living, working, kids, transportation, socialising, eating and buying houses in South Africa.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ray_mbchb

Spousal visa with endorsement to work - where can I follow up


Reply
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 7th February 2020, 10:39 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Cape Town
Posts: 28
Rep Power: 0
Bondnote is on a distinguished road
3 likes received
1 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from botswana. Users Flag! Expat in southafrica.
Default Spousal visa with endorsement to work - where can I follow up

I am a permanent resident with ID. My wife is on a visitor's visa. She received an employment offer, and applied for a work endorsement on her visa in June 2019.

Since then she has been following up with VFS and they keep on telling her it is still being processed.
1. How long does it normally take to get a work endorsement if you are on a spousal visa?
2. Is there a Dept of Home Affairs telephone number and email address that we can use to follow up directly with DHA?

Thanks for any assistance.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10th February 2020, 04:58 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 29
Rep Power: 0
ray_mbchb is on a distinguished road
2 likes received
1 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in southafrica.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondnote View Post
I am a permanent resident with ID. My wife is on a visitor's visa. She received an employment offer, and applied for a work endorsement on her visa in June 2019.

Since then she has been following up with VFS and they keep on telling her it is still being processed.
1. How long does it normally take to get a work endorsement if you are on a spousal visa?
2. Is there a Dept of Home Affairs telephone number and email address that we can use to follow up directly with DHA?

Thanks for any assistance.

They say these can take up to 3 months....

The number to call is 080 0601190 that's the number I use to follow up on permit progress... Hope they can assist you.

Best of luck.
Bondnote likes this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10th February 2020, 09:52 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Cape Town
Posts: 28
Rep Power: 0
Bondnote is on a distinguished road
3 likes received
1 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from botswana. Users Flag! Expat in southafrica.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_mbchb View Post
They say these can take up to 3 months....

The number to call is 080 0601190 that's the number I use to follow up on permit progress... Hope they can assist you.

Best of luck.
Thanks a lot. I will try that number

It has been 8 months since my wife submitted her application. I thought by now they would have made a decision, even if it's a rejection.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10th February 2020, 06:40 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 29
Rep Power: 0
ray_mbchb is on a distinguished road
2 likes received
1 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in southafrica.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondnote View Post
Thanks a lot. I will try that number

It has been 8 months since my wife submitted her application. I thought by now they would have made a decision, even if it's a rejection.
8 months?! Completely unacceptable...! How do they expect us as spouses to live normal lives here in SA?! What employer will wait 8 months for an endorsement to be processed...?!

I am in a similar situation, my wife is South African. I am on a relatives permit but employers won't give me a job without a work permit... But I need a job to get an endorsement to work Catch 22 situation... LOL

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.