acr-i card after 59 days - Page 3

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Asia > Philippines Expat Forum

Philippines Expat Forum The Philippines Expats Forum is dedicated those individuals that have chosen to make Philippines their new home. This forum is an ideal place for Expats now living in Philippines to meet and discuss all aspects to their new way of life.

Like Tree7Likes

acr-i card after 59 days - Page 3


Reply
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 9th April 2019, 08:43 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Los Banos Laguna
Posts: 2,654
Rep Power: 281
M.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond repute
2120 likes received
6698 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default Download forms

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyBC57 View Post
Hi Hogrider,
I found out that #2 is done at BI when we apply for the ACR.
I download these forms and stick on a thumb drive and take it to a business that can print it out and fill them out at home it sure saves a whole bunch of time and these forms are in legal size (8˝ x 14 in.) Hard part at times is finding this legal sized paper but it's found in school supply spots.

__________________


I am not a regulated immigration adviser. I am offering an opinion and not advice. Check here for professional help PBI https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration or SRRV https://pra.gov.ph/contact/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 13th April 2019, 04:48 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Philippines
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 0
BusyBC57 is on a distinguished road
14 likes received
34 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C.A. View Post
I download these forms and stick on a thumb drive and take it to a business that can print it out and fill them out at home it sure saves a whole bunch of time and these forms are in legal size (8˝ x 14 in.) Hard part at times is finding this legal sized paper but it's found in school supply spots.
We live in Koronadal and nobody sells 8.5x14, though they call it legal size they only sell 8.5x13, also referred to as legal size. We went to any place that sold paper and file folders and they were all the same, no 8.5x14. I also found out while searching for this online that the Philippine national size is 8.5x13, go figure.
M.C.A. likes this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 13th April 2019, 05:17 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Los Banos Laguna
Posts: 2,654
Rep Power: 281
M.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond repute
2120 likes received
6698 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Unhappy Legal sized paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyBC57 View Post
We live in Koronadal and nobody sells 8.5x14, though they call it legal size they only sell 8.5x13, also referred to as legal size. We went to any place that sold paper and file folders and they were all the same, no 8.5x14. I also found out while searching for this online that the Philippine national size is 8.5x13, go figure.
I went through that also in my Province but... If you have a large mall with a school supply spot or check for any Universities in your area the book stores or supply stores surrounding the University will sell this paper, believe me, I had a hard time also and I live on Luzon.

I did a quick search and found Notre Dame of Marbel University so maybe the school supply stores in and around this University will have the correct size. https://www.google.com/maps/place/No...!4d124.8412564

__________________


I am not a regulated immigration adviser. I am offering an opinion and not advice. Check here for professional help PBI https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration or SRRV https://pra.gov.ph/contact/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 13th April 2019, 10:05 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Philippines
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 0
BusyBC57 is on a distinguished road
14 likes received
34 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C.A. View Post
I went through that also in my Province but... If you have a large mall with a school supply spot or check for any Universities in your area the book stores or supply stores surrounding the University will sell this paper, believe me, I had a hard time also and I live on Luzon.

I did a quick search and found Notre Dame of Marbel University so maybe the school supply stores in and around this University will have the correct size. https://www.google.com/maps/place/No...!4d124.8412564
My wife went the Marbel University and she is going to check over there. The student section at KCC which is the biggest store here don't carry anything that is 8.5x14. When we asked they just gave us that strange look and took us to the 8.5x13 stuff.

Charlie

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 13th April 2019, 10:57 AM
Gary D's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Hermosa Bataan
Posts: 1,619
Rep Power: 202
Gary D has much to be proud ofGary D has much to be proud ofGary D has much to be proud ofGary D has much to be proud ofGary D has much to be proud ofGary D has much to be proud ofGary D has much to be proud ofGary D has much to be proud ofGary D has much to be proud of
1428 likes received
300 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default

Filipino legal paper is called long bond paper, if you google it it is 8.5 x 13 inch. A4 is 8.27 x 11.69. I havexalso seen it given as 8.5 x 14 inch as well. Try asking for long bond paper and they may know what you are talking about.


Last edited by Gary D; 13th April 2019 at 11:00 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 13th April 2019, 11:34 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Philippines
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 0
BusyBC57 is on a distinguished road
14 likes received
34 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary D View Post
Filipino legal paper is called long bond paper, if you google it it is 8.5 x 13 inch. A4 is 8.27 x 11.69. I havexalso seen it given as 8.5 x 14 inch as well. Try asking for long bond paper and they may know what you are talking about.
Hi Gary,
Did that but no luck. What size folders and paper did you use? If I hear that others used 8.5x13 to submit the folders and application then I'm not going to worry about, but we know everyday if different in the PH.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 22nd May 2019, 01:50 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Philippines and UK
Posts: 6
Rep Power: 0
cereco is on a distinguished road
1 likes received
2 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default

I went for my first ever visa extension in Marquee Mall, Angeles City yesterday.

The entire process took less than five minutes and they will also give me an Alien Certificate of Registration card in one month's time.

I was able to collect my passport after 5.00 pm on the same day.

It was a lot more expensive than I expected, as they charged me for their 'express service' without telling me. It came to PHP 8,042.50

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 22nd May 2019, 07:04 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Los Banos Laguna
Posts: 2,654
Rep Power: 281
M.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond repute
2120 likes received
6698 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default Visa extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereco View Post
I went for my first ever visa extension in Marquee Mall, Angeles City yesterday.

The entire process took less than five minutes and they will also give me an Alien Certificate of Registration card in one month's time.

I was able to collect my passport after 5.00 pm on the same day.

It was a lot more expensive than I expected, as they charged me for their 'express service' without telling me. It came to PHP 8,042.50
Hi Cereco, yes as a tourist Visa costs can add up do you have any plans for marriage 13a Visa or possibly purchasing a condo you could qualify for an SRRV so two different Visa's without the tourist charges. P.S. those extra charges are nothing new sadly.

__________________


I am not a regulated immigration adviser. I am offering an opinion and not advice. Check here for professional help PBI https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration or SRRV https://pra.gov.ph/contact/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 22nd May 2019, 10:58 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Philippines and UK
Posts: 6
Rep Power: 0
cereco is on a distinguished road
1 likes received
2 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default

We cannot get married without my partner going through the lengthy and expensive 'annulment' process.

As for the SRRV process, I went through the criminal records check and validation process in the UK (quite time consuming and expensive) before we bought a lot and had a house built in Pampanga, at a cost of over PHP 5 million.

On the advice of our attorney in Manila, we bought the lot in my Filipina partner's name first and the house in my name later. We then set up a lease from her to me, for the land, which we had notorized.

The PRA office in Angeles City then told me that in order to get the SRRV $10,000 deposit back, I would need to rent the house from my partner for the equivalent of $50,000 over 25 years in order to qualify and would also need to give the PRA a legal charge over the property. I am not willing to do that.

This is not my interpretation of the rules. I intend visiting the PRA Head Office in Manila at some point to get this clarified by them.
M.C.A. likes this.


Last edited by cereco; 22nd May 2019 at 11:07 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 22nd May 2019, 10:30 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Philippines
Posts: 868
Rep Power: 117
bigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to all
685 likes received
777 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from australia. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereco View Post
We cannot get married without my partner going through the lengthy and expensive 'annulment' process.

As for the SRRV process, I went through the criminal records check and validation process in the UK (quite time consuming and expensive) before we bought a lot and had a house built in Pampanga, at a cost of over PHP 5 million.

On the advice of our attorney in Manila, we bought the lot in my Filipina partner's name first and the house in my name later. We then set up a lease from her to me, for the land, which we had notorized.

The PRA office in Angeles City then told me that in order to get the SRRV $10,000 deposit back, I would need to rent the house from my partner for the equivalent of $50,000 over 25 years in order to qualify and would also need to give the PRA a legal charge over the property. I am not willing to do that.

This is not my interpretation of the rules. I intend visiting the PRA Head Office in Manila at some point to get this clarified by them.
cereco, this is exactly what I found with the PRA, difficult, time consuming and of course more costs.

Cheers, Steve.
M.C.A. likes this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ACR Card application information? HVACman Philippines Expat Forum 5 31st January 2015 08:41 AM
ACR Card Wiltshireman Philippines Expat Forum 5 19th May 2014 08:43 AM
Phone / Go Card for 15 days Flames123 Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 5 14th April 2013 02:49 PM
Will it be ok I apply for my residency card 5 days before expiry of my family permit? hhliang Britain Expat Forum for Expats Living in the UK 2 9th October 2012 01:50 PM
How many days outside of Spain (with residency card)? chippo Spain Expat Forum for Expats Living in Spain 11 23rd September 2012 03:44 PM

FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.