Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad

Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad (https://www.expatforum.com/expats/)
-   Philippines Expat Forum (https://www.expatforum.com/expats/philippines-expat-forum/)
-   -   Olongapo flooded. (https://www.expatforum.com/expats/philippines-expat-forum/214985-olongapo-flooded.html)

roodog78 23rd September 2013 05:54 AM

Olongapo flooded.
 
3 Attachment(s)
Been raining heavily here for well over 24 hours, Olongapo been declared state of calamity and the mayor has asked US ambassador for assistance from navy who are currently anchored in town. As for SBFZ the royal and both pure golds closed amongst several other stores and banks, the kids school is closed also as most teachers and store workers live in olongapo. I'm seeing some photos coming through social media, some affected areas well over 6 feet of water. I tried attaching a few pics not sure if its worked or not. Thoughts and prayers go out to all the families of olongapo city affected by this down pour.

Asian Spirit 23rd September 2013 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roodog78 (Post 1825369)
Been raining heavily here for well over 24 hours, Olongapo been declared state of calamity and the mayor has asked US ambassador for assistance from navy who are currently anchored in town. As for SBFZ the royal and both pure golds closed amongst several other stores and banks, the kids school is closed also as most teachers and store workers live in olongapo. I'm seeing some photos coming through social media, some affected areas well over 6 feet of water. I tried attaching a few pics not sure if its worked or not. Thoughts and prayers go out to all the families of olongapo city affected by this down pour.

Those are some amazing photos! Thanks for posting those as we have seen nothing from on your side of the hill. I always thought Olongapo was pretty safe from flooding but guess not. Hope it tapers off there soon for everyone. Over here in and around the Angeles area there is plenty of rain too. No flooding that I know of---at least not at our place NE of Angeles proper..

Asian Spirit 23rd September 2013 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roodog78 (Post 1825369)
Been raining heavily here for well over 24 hours, Olongapo been declared state of calamity and the mayor has asked US ambassador for assistance from navy who are currently anchored in town. As for SBFZ the royal and both pure golds closed amongst several other stores and banks, the kids school is closed also as most teachers and store workers live in olongapo. I'm seeing some photos coming through social media, some affected areas well over 6 feet of water. I tried attaching a few pics not sure if its worked or not. Thoughts and prayers go out to all the families of olongapo city affected by this down pour.

Got looking around and found this recent article on the flooding over in Olongapo. Totally amazing.

(philippine Daily Inquirer)

M.C.A. 23rd September 2013 08:39 AM

Water is entering the lower half of our house the lake is just swelling and now the water from the cities, mountains and dams will fill it even more, I try to take pictures tomorrow and post them.

Asian Spirit 23rd September 2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcalleyboy (Post 1827834)
Water is entering the lower half of our house the lake is just swelling and now the water from the cities, mountains and dams will fill it even more, I try to take pictures tomorrow and post them.

I saw THIS ARTICLE about an hour ago and wondered how you are getting by there. Sure hope it will stop before long!!!

M.C.A. 23rd September 2013 09:00 AM

Laguna is flooding for sure
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gene and Viol (Post 1828026)
I saw THIS ARTICLE about an hour ago and wondered how you are getting by there. Sure hope it will stop before long!!!


We are hosting the two men (family members) that helped us out, moving some heavy items upstairs, had an extra fridge and oven moved up to the front area by the road. Back yard is full of water and I think tomorrow it will be one lake no breaks in the soil, were stacking things up closer to the road in a small closed room.

Trouble is that the rain stops but the draining continues for a couple of days (my experience) and sometimes the dams have to be released due to the pressure, which can create a wave and flood it even faster.

Asian Spirit 23rd September 2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcalleyboy (Post 1828234)
We are hosting the two men (family members) that helped us out, moving some heavy items upstairs, had an extra fridge and oven moved up to the front area by the road. Back yard is full of water and I think tomorrow it will be one lake no breaks in the soil, were stacking things up closer to the road in a small closed room.

Trouble is that the rain stops but the draining continues for a couple of days (my experience) and sometimes the dams have to be released due to the pressure, which can create a wave and flood it even faster.

Sounds like a lousy deal all the way around. Have you ever considered moving to a place on higher ground? We get just about the same amount of rain where we are and just a 1/2 inch in the street during the heaviest possible rains and then gone within a few minutes after it stops. Seems terrible to have to deal with the floods several times each rainy season.

lefties43332 23rd September 2013 10:56 AM

313 Attachment(s)
I carried my 3 cats thru the raging river this morning by baretto(canal)lost 2 tv,,2dvd but got my pregnant wife and cats into hotel safely. People still smiling here. Found a good trycicle driver(amazed me)he saw me carrying the crate thru the canal and came to help. I had carried my 3 cats about a half mile and was getting tired. He took us to the hotel and didnt try to milk us for more than the normal fee,,he did what was right. Gues what he got rewarded. He looked at the money and said is it ok?? I said yes daw thx. Being a good person has rewards.

M.C.A. 23rd September 2013 11:30 AM

Flood, woa!
 
Sounds serious the flood must have have happened quickly, good thing you and family are OK, sorry to hear you lost two TV's and possibly other items. Still sounding happy, good for you.

roodog78 23rd September 2013 12:50 PM

Still raining here not heavy but constant the base is shut down as most personnel live in olongapo. A few of the wives went to evac place here in subic and took food but it wasn't enough for the shear amount of people. It's going to go for the next 2 days. Lefties if you get stuck msg me please, it's not much but we are high and dry.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.