Loyalty of Filipina girl - Page 2

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Asia > Philippines Expat Forum

Philippines Expat Forum The Philippines Expats Forum is dedicated those individuals that have chosen to make Philippines their new home. This forum is an ideal place for Expats now living in Philippines to meet and discuss all aspects to their new way of life.

Like Tree24Likes

Loyalty of Filipina girl - Page 2


Closed Thread
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 16th July 2013, 04:09 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ireland
Posts: 90
Rep Power: 0
Bikerpat is on a distinguished road
24 likes received
41 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from ireland. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozitsme View Post
In France. Left UK 7 years ago after my divorce and moved here. My wife is here now, after the wedding applied for her visa. She has been here over one year now, her french is coming along nicely.
Oh you live in France. See, I want to go live in Philippines. Am on pension and the cost of living ehre is making it hard. Plus I love South East Asia, the climate, food, people etc.. and my girl. She doesn't want to leave Phils unless she really has to and she has said in no uncertain terms that she'll be staying with me till the end.

Quick reply to this message
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 16th July 2013, 08:19 PM
cvgtpc1's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SW Ohio, USA
Posts: 859
Rep Power: 195
cvgtpc1 is just really nicecvgtpc1 is just really nicecvgtpc1 is just really nicecvgtpc1 is just really nicecvgtpc1 is just really nicecvgtpc1 is just really nice
662 likes received
283 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerpat View Post
She doesn't want to leave Phils unless she really has to and she has said in no uncertain terms that she'll be staying with me till the end.
In my opinion I think for many Filipinas, if they can live a comfortable life financially with their guy, they would rather stay in the PI than leave.
M.C.A. and kozitsme like this.


Last edited by cvgtpc1; 16th July 2013 at 08:21 PM. Reason: fixing grammar
Quick reply to this message
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 16th July 2013, 08:20 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: France
Posts: 26
Rep Power: 0
kozitsme is on a distinguished road
10 likes received
17 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in france.
Default

Good on you to support her with her education that will be greatly appreciated by the family. May be you ought to consider getting a quote for the annual tuition fee, least you will know where you stand with no surprise. You mention that she's working. Find out in a casual conversation how much she contributes to the family. Those two items will help you to start making a monthly budget. Then you will have your rent, food utilities to add to it. Not going to teach you how to suck eggs. Balut makes me sick.
M.C.A. and DannyA like this.

Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 16th July 2013, 08:38 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: France
Posts: 26
Rep Power: 0
kozitsme is on a distinguished road
10 likes received
17 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in france.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerpat View Post
Oh you live in France. See, I want to go live in Philippines. Am on pension and the cost of living ehre is making it hard. Plus I love South East Asia, the climate, food, people etc.. and my girl. She doesn't want to leave Phils unless she really has to and she has said in no uncertain terms that she'll be staying with me till the end.
I did dream of living there. House on the beach with a boat with my lovely wife. May be in the future. Your money will go further in Philippines.

Quick reply to this message
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 16th July 2013, 09:18 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: CONUS
Posts: 136
Rep Power: 161
yakc130 is a jewel in the roughyakc130 is a jewel in the roughyakc130 is a jewel in the roughyakc130 is a jewel in the rough
78 likes received
83 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in usa.
Default

It sounds like you are getting all of your ducks in a row. From the additional info you've told us, I think you have latched onto a keeper.

Go for it, and good luck to you.

__________________
Doug
Quick reply to this message
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 17th July 2013, 01:16 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North of Trinidad, 6K FT ASL
Posts: 2,460
Rep Power: 929
simonsays has a reputation beyond reputesimonsays has a reputation beyond reputesimonsays has a reputation beyond reputesimonsays has a reputation beyond reputesimonsays has a reputation beyond reputesimonsays has a reputation beyond reputesimonsays has a reputation beyond reputesimonsays has a reputation beyond reputesimonsays has a reputation beyond reputesimonsays has a reputation beyond reputesimonsays has a reputation beyond repute
728 likes received
462 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from singapore. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakc130 View Post
That sounds like a very good sign.
If you refer to the not-moving part, well, for me, I take it as a not so good sign .. from my past experience ..

__________________
... ..
Quick reply to this message
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 17th July 2013, 04:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ireland
Posts: 90
Rep Power: 0
Bikerpat is on a distinguished road
24 likes received
41 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from ireland. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecureilx View Post
If you refer to the not-moving part, well, for me, I take it as a not so good sign .. from my past experience ..
What do you mean my friend?

Quick reply to this message
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 17th July 2013, 05:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ireland
Posts: 90
Rep Power: 0
Bikerpat is on a distinguished road
24 likes received
41 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from ireland. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default

Hi my friends. Just a few points you might like to comment on. I was talking to my girl last Sunday and she said she was starting a new job on Monday in some factory. I haven't heard from her since Sunday even though I notice she has been online sending 2 birthday greetings to two of her friends. Now I bought her a laptop last trip so we could keep in touch easier. But am kinda upset that she hasn't taken the time to just send a quick message to me to say all going well when she was able to send those quick birthday greetings to her friends. Now I don't see any other activity on her account so it may be that she's on some shift or other and very tired but I thought opening the laptop for a minute to send me a messsage should not be that miuch to ask. This is one of the things that annoys me. Whether I'm overacting or not I don't know. Also I wonder if you guys get the 'it's a secret' answer to some question or other. I tend to speak my mind but when she has some problem it seems to get hushed up. And I know something is bothering her but I may not get the answer or get the answer later or even the next day.

Maybe I'm just overreacting but I miss her. I don't expect her to be online to me everyday but with the week that's in it I'd love to know how her new job is going.

Thanks for listening.

Pat

Quick reply to this message
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 17th July 2013, 05:47 PM
c_uk's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 109
Rep Power: 150
c_uk has a spectacular aura aboutc_uk has a spectacular aura aboutc_uk has a spectacular aura about
45 likes received
4 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from philippines. Users Flag! Expat in england.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerpat View Post
Hi my friends. Just a few points you might like to comment on. I was talking to my girl last Sunday and she said she was starting a new job on Monday in some factory. I haven't heard from her since Sunday even though I notice she has been online sending 2 birthday greetings to two of her friends. Now I bought her a laptop last trip so we could keep in touch easier. But am kinda upset that she hasn't taken the time to just send a quick message to me to say all going well when she was able to send those quick birthday greetings to her friends. Now I don't see any other activity on her account so it may be that she's on some shift or other and very tired but I thought opening the laptop for a minute to send me a messsage should not be that miuch to ask. This is one of the things that annoys me. Whether I'm overacting or not I don't know. Also I wonder if you guys get the 'it's a secret' answer to some question or other. I tend to speak my mind but when she has some problem it seems to get hushed up. And I know something is bothering her but I may not get the answer or get the answer later or even the next day.

Maybe I'm just overreacting but I miss her. I don't expect her to be online to me everyday but with the week that's in it I'd love to know how her new job is going.

Thanks for listening.

Pat
Pat,

Your concern are understandable. But, you have to give her a chance . She might have a good reason for not able to contact you , as you mentioned she has new job. Sometimes, people of other cultures see things differently. Something's that you both need to understand. You want a " no frill" attitude and probably she's not used to opening to just about anything going on in her life. It doesn't mean she's hiding something. Being open and direct is usual for you if not for western culture. Sadly, not for every culture .

My personal opinion, try not to check on her often or it will drive her bananas ( it would drive me to silence). And yes, sorry to say Pat- you're over reacting

My two penny worth.

You're experiencing cultural clash and there are many to come ie, communication

Quick reply to this message
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 17th July 2013, 06:06 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ireland
Posts: 90
Rep Power: 0
Bikerpat is on a distinguished road
24 likes received
41 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from ireland. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default

Thanks C-UK. I appreciate your honest and direct answer. And I think you're right, well I hope you're right. I guess I miss her and care for her and just hope she's doing ok. But I don't want to smother her either. I'll give it time and see how things pan out.

Again may I say I appreciate your direct answer.

Pat

Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Marrying A Filipina... TheAgent Philippines Expat Forum 7 4th July 2013 08:22 AM
Hotel Loyalty Programmes stamboy Dubai Expat Forum for Expats Living in Dubai 7 27th May 2013 11:52 AM
Customer loyalty in Egypt ArabianNights Egypt Expat Forum for Expats Living in Egypt 11 21st January 2012 09:42 PM
Girl Scouts = Girl Scout Cookies ???? Jynxgirl Dubai Expat Forum for Expats Living in Dubai 29 26th February 2011 05:12 AM

FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.