Anyone living in Tagaytay? - Page 3

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Asia > Philippines Expat Forum

Philippines Expat Forum The Philippines Expats Forum is dedicated those individuals that have chosen to make Philippines their new home. This forum is an ideal place for Expats now living in Philippines to meet and discuss all aspects to their new way of life.

Like Tree43Likes

Anyone living in Tagaytay? - Page 3


Reply
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 28th July 2019, 09:20 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Los Banos Laguna
Posts: 2,575
Rep Power: 273
M.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond repute
2080 likes received
6501 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default

Life can get lonely here and even I could end up becoming harsh on the same old scene every day that you wake up too and without friends its tough, people to talk with that have a great English vocabulary so hopefully somebody living in Tagatay can give Digitalchick a spot where they meet up and talk I'm pretty sure there's places like this.

Striking up conversation sometimes while out in the grocery or area's you might run into another foreigner, OFW or retired returning resident can get things going, I met a Philippine couple who retired from the US at the grocery store and we talked about bacon because they were in the bacon section and I noticed they picked bacon seasoned with jalapenos and talked for a while and it was nice also I've talked with residents at my bank while waiting to get served, I did try out that Jalapeno bacon and it was terrible Lol... just in case your curious.

Digitalchick do you have a Philippine Bank? But at times expats will not acknowledge i'm alive, I might even get a grimacing leave me alone look, actually most times, (my wife will dog me out for trying) I find it very difficult to strike up a conversation with an expat in the malls, grocery or out on the streets and I know the many reasons so it's not a biggie but I do try.
Nickleback99 and digitalchic like this.

__________________


Always be vigilant.

Last edited by M.C.A.; 30th July 2019 at 12:32 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 30th July 2019, 11:59 AM
hogrider's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Davao
Posts: 489
Rep Power: 193
hogrider will become famous soon enough
301 likes received
336 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalchic View Post
I'm a Filipino raised in Dubai. I moved back in the Philippines and lived in Makati for 12 years. After being exhausted with city living, I thought moving to the country side will be a good idea.

Yes, some people are really uneducated with environmental awareness.
Hi Digitalchic, I lived in Dubai for 36 years. Met my away there, now retired living in Davao.
M.C.A. and digitalchic like this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 30th July 2019, 12:08 PM
lefties43332's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: everywhere philippines..pundakit na
Posts: 1,597
Rep Power: 207
lefties43332 is a jewel in the roughlefties43332 is a jewel in the roughlefties43332 is a jewel in the roughlefties43332 is a jewel in the rough
1249 likes received
147 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogrider View Post
Hi Digitalchic, I lived in Dubai for 36 years. Met my away there, now retired living in Davao.
hogrider pm
digitalchic likes this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 31st July 2019, 10:14 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Tagaytay
Posts: 44
Rep Power: 0
digitalchic is on a distinguished road
36 likes received
40 likes given

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C.A. View Post
Life can get lonely here and even I could end up becoming harsh on the same old scene every day that you wake up too and without friends its tough, people to talk with that have a great English vocabulary so hopefully somebody living in Tagatay can give Digitalchick a spot where they meet up and talk I'm pretty sure there's places like this.

Striking up conversation sometimes while out in the grocery or area's you might run into another foreigner, OFW or retired returning resident can get things going, I met a Philippine couple who retired from the US at the grocery store and we talked about bacon because they were in the bacon section and I noticed they picked bacon seasoned with jalapenos and talked for a while and it was nice also I've talked with residents at my bank while waiting to get served, I did try out that Jalapeno bacon and it was terrible Lol... just in case your curious.

Digitalchick do you have a Philippine Bank? But at times expats will not acknowledge i'm alive, I might even get a grimacing leave me alone look, actually most times, (my wife will dog me out for trying) I find it very difficult to strike up a conversation with an expat in the malls, grocery or out on the streets and I know the many reasons so it's not a biggie but I do try.
Hahaha exactly one of the challenges like people rarely talk. I have a German couple behind me and they're too old to go out. The other one, down the road but I rarely see them, only their maid. I spent most of my time gardening, cutting the grass, and doing much of my business online. I don't go to the bank, I use online banking. I opened a bank in BPI, oh no..what a terrible experience, I waited on queue for 2 hours just to open an account. Since then, I do everything online.

I only go for groceries. I mostly hang out on cafes or go to museums. And when I'm get bored with the countryside, I travel all the way to Makati or go outside the country.

The German couple asked me "oh my, what are you doing here? you're so young to "retire", you will not get married, you're killing your social life".
Nickleback99 likes this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 31st July 2019, 12:13 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Tagaytay
Posts: 44
Rep Power: 0
digitalchic is on a distinguished road
36 likes received
40 likes given

Default

@Lefties, I just read "pundakit na" in your profile LOL. What does it mean?

I hope this forum connects people and become support system for everyone - struggling/adjusting to country living like me

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 6th August 2019, 05:55 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Angeles City, Pampanga
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
Gazzalee is on a distinguished road
14 likes received
3 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default

Greetings digitalchic & others, my 1st post here.
Tagaytay caught my eye as I'm planning a short tour of Cavite & Laguna soon looking for a more permanent residence. Currently I'm residing in Angeles City, 3 months, but have always viewed AC as a temporary spot while I making the transition from the US to the PI. As well as completing the SRRV process. So it's now time to go out and find that great Philippine place to live. Tagaytay, Calamba and Santa Rosa I've noticed have been mentioned very favorably as expat friendly and good places to live so plan to go check & see. Question concerning all 3 locations; is quality housing (rental) readily available? and how does one find them? Are there expat groups or gatherings in any of these locations? Any advice would be most welcome.
Thankx
digitalchic likes this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 6th August 2019, 06:00 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Angeles City, Pampanga
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
Gazzalee is on a distinguished road
14 likes received
3 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default

btw digitalchic, I believe 'Pundakit' is an expat community, mostly Aussie, in the Subic area 'bout an hour north of Olongapo
digitalchic likes this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 6th August 2019, 06:59 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Tagaytay
Posts: 44
Rep Power: 0
digitalchic is on a distinguished road
36 likes received
40 likes given

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzalee View Post
btw digitalchic, I believe 'Pundakit' is an expat community, mostly Aussie, in the Subic area 'bout an hour north of Olongapo
Thanks, I thought it's a Filipino term that I didn't know.

I chose to live in Tagaytay because of the cool weather.

Bangkok, Singapore, KL and cities of Manila are ranging from 29 to 38 degrees Celsius. I guess I got tired of the heat.

Not sure if Subic/Angeles city has the same weather.

It's easy to find a fully furnished rental houses in Tagaytay. You just have to be careful with moulds and termites, also leaking roofs. - my problems as of now.

Good luck!
Nickleback99 and Gazzalee like this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 6th August 2019, 07:01 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Tagaytay
Posts: 44
Rep Power: 0
digitalchic is on a distinguished road
36 likes received
40 likes given

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzalee View Post
Greetings digitalchic & others, my 1st post here.
Tagaytay caught my eye as I'm planning a short tour of Cavite & Laguna soon looking for a more permanent residence. Currently I'm residing in Angeles City, 3 months, but have always viewed AC as a temporary spot while I making the transition from the US to the PI. As well as completing the SRRV process. So it's now time to go out and find that great Philippine place to live. Tagaytay, Calamba and Santa Rosa I've noticed have been mentioned very favorably as expat friendly and good places to live so plan to go check & see. Question concerning all 3 locations; is quality housing (rental) readily available? and how does one find them? Are there expat groups or gatherings in any of these locations? Any advice would be most welcome.
Thankx
OH!! and gatherings, you have to scroll up and read through.. I'm young and I need some social circles LOL I guess you have to create them if you want to have active gatherings like inviting them over to your house.
Nickleback99 likes this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 16th August 2019, 06:43 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Tagaytay
Posts: 44
Rep Power: 0
digitalchic is on a distinguished road
36 likes received
40 likes given

Default

How do you deal with stalking and nosy neighbors? I don't want to start another thread, just to minimise the forum's clutter hehehe.

The barangay captain passes by my house for 4 consecutive weeks since I moved here. I ignored it. Then I noticed he does that when he is drunk and stops his car at the corner, facing my house. I have a garden that is open and where I also sit under my sunbrella for tea or coffee.

After 4 months, it bothers me now that he keeps doing it even at night. I already called the police but so far no action. The only thing they told me was "unless he is not doing you harm" (rolled my eyes) we will do rounds randomly.

As a woman living alone, I'm really pissed off. I told him many times to stop lurking around like a pervert. I guess he doesn't know what is personal space.

With the nosy neighbors, they asked me questions like "why are you alone, where is your family, why you're not married etc? I ignored them. They are not contributing to have a cleaner/greener community so I don't bother making friends with them except for my two neighbors down the road.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Tags
living in tagaytay

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.