Anyone living in Tagaytay? - Page 2

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Asia > Philippines Expat Forum

Philippines Expat Forum The Philippines Expats Forum is dedicated those individuals that have chosen to make Philippines their new home. This forum is an ideal place for Expats now living in Philippines to meet and discuss all aspects to their new way of life.

Like Tree43Likes

Anyone living in Tagaytay? - Page 2


Reply
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 21st July 2019, 11:36 AM
lefties43332's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: everywhere philippines..pundakit na
Posts: 1,597
Rep Power: 207
lefties43332 is a jewel in the roughlefties43332 is a jewel in the roughlefties43332 is a jewel in the roughlefties43332 is a jewel in the rough
1249 likes received
147 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalchic View Post
Nope, they're not residents. They are illegal settlers, uncultured people who dominates the community. - I am really frustrated about the situation here. And yes I pay 40 to 50 pesos per week for garbage collection. My maid and I started to do decomposing. We have a huge land also on both sides. I paid someone to trim them because the barangay officials doesn't care at all! Spending my tax money on them are such a waste and yes, they hate me now for raising the orderliness and cleanliness hahaha!

And the DIAPERS! YES! We collected 8 sacks of diapers within 2 months and counting now.

I'm growing veggies and fruits on my yard. I have such a lovely home, full of greens.

Should I go back to city living? **sighing here.
If u take all the diapers what will their dogs eat? its recycling to them....lol

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 21st July 2019, 01:41 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Tagaytay
Posts: 44
Rep Power: 0
digitalchic is on a distinguished road
36 likes received
40 likes given

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C.A. View Post
I think you'll do just fine DigitalChick right where you are and good idea planting vegetables, it's a great way to save money and rewarding, I too plant some vegetables and I've planted many fruit trees over the years, I've found that Gabi or Taro root grows very well in our back yard and I have many plants and also several other root vegetables, my Calimansi/Tamarind (San Palo) trees are finally bearing fruit.

I'll bet we all have our issues with neighbors and yes the area I live in is full of squatters and worker implants from the Bicol region, actually we are squatters LOL on family squatted land, the land was given to my wife's father but the original owner passed away without giving a title and so his family over the years has fought us and many other people living here next to the water, it sometimes floods badly every 6 - 7 years.
I'm so sorry to hear that. I guess I'm still adjusting to the filthiness and uncultured people. Actually the real residents, the tax paying ones like us, are only less than 10 people. And the rest dominates the community, voting themselves as barangay officials for payroll purposes.

The German couple who lives one street away from me, told me that they've been complaining for 10 years so they got tired and just do what they can on their own - waste disposal, own lighting, cleaning their own street.

I have one neighbor down the road (about 1 street away) and the other behind me where the German couple lives), even though they are far away and have the street by myself, I am so pissed off with these uncultured ones (can I call them [email protected]!) who throw their rubbish as they pass by and I have cows, chickens and stray dogs loitering around.

I lived in KL, Bangkok, Singapore, BGC/Makati for 12 years so doing country living I thought was fun and never realise that I will get filthy ones in our community hahaha.

Oh yes, the root crops! I'm also full of them. I don't know what to do anymore. I keep giving them to the neighbors but they are endlessly growing hahaha.

So far, I like where I live. I have a huge garden where I planted herbs, veggies and fruits. I harvested my first yellow watermelon and the cherry tomatoes Basil and mint are now the essentials to my kitchen. I have grapes too. I'm so happy to have such a rich land that grows plants so well.

Congrats that you grow trees. It takes years.. I have mango tree (carabao mangoes) but it will take 5 more years to bear fruits.

I didn't experience flood and earthquakes yet. What's flooded is inside my house LOL. I bought the house that requires huge renovation. I was the 5th owner. The roof of the dirty kitchen almost fell off when it was raining for the last few days and the water got inside. I have to get a decent carpenter. I don't trust people around here, they only want money but they don't do the job very well. I got it fixed twice now. I'm so disappointed that my dirty kitchen still leaking.
M.C.A. likes this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 21st July 2019, 03:44 PM
lefties43332's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: everywhere philippines..pundakit na
Posts: 1,597
Rep Power: 207
lefties43332 is a jewel in the roughlefties43332 is a jewel in the roughlefties43332 is a jewel in the roughlefties43332 is a jewel in the rough
1249 likes received
147 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalchic View Post
I'm so sorry to hear that. I guess I'm still adjusting to the filthiness and uncultured people. Actually the real residents, the tax paying ones like us, are only less than 10 people. And the rest dominates the community, voting themselves as barangay officials for payroll purposes.

The German couple who lives one street away from me, told me that they've been complaining for 10 years so they got tired and just do what they can on their own - waste disposal, own lighting, cleaning their own street.

I have one neighbor down the road (about 1 street away) and the other behind me where the German couple lives), even though they are far away and have the street by myself, I am so pissed off with these uncultured ones (can I call them [email protected]!) who throw their rubbish as they pass by and I have cows, chickens and stray dogs loitering around.

I lived in KL, Bangkok, Singapore, BGC/Makati for 12 years so doing country living I thought was fun and never realise that I will get filthy ones in our community hahaha.

Oh yes, the root crops! I'm also full of them. I don't know what to do anymore. I keep giving them to the neighbors but they are endlessly growing hahaha.

So far, I like where I live. I have a huge garden where I planted herbs, veggies and fruits. I harvested my first yellow watermelon and the cherry tomatoes Basil and mint are now the essentials to my kitchen. I have grapes too. I'm so happy to have such a rich land that grows plants so well.

Congrats that you grow trees. It takes years.. I have mango tree (carabao mangoes) but it will take 5 more years to bear fruits.

I didn't experience flood and earthquakes yet. What's flooded is inside my house LOL. I bought the house that requires huge renovation. I was the 5th owner. The roof of the dirty kitchen almost fell off when it was raining for the last few days and the water got inside. I have to get a decent carpenter. I don't trust people around here, they only want money but they don't do the job very well. I got it fixed twice now. I'm so disappointed that my dirty kitchen still leaking.
Welcome to the Philippines!!!!! It is the country it is,you wont change them. On the 6 islands Ive lived on its always been that way...even in Quezon city. By the way,where are you from? Its suppose to say at the top.
Nickleback99 and M.C.A. like this.


Last edited by lefties43332; 21st July 2019 at 03:48 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 21st July 2019, 07:16 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: florida
Posts: 345
Rep Power: 63
greenstreak1946 is a glorious beacon of lightgreenstreak1946 is a glorious beacon of lightgreenstreak1946 is a glorious beacon of lightgreenstreak1946 is a glorious beacon of lightgreenstreak1946 is a glorious beacon of lightgreenstreak1946 is a glorious beacon of light
240 likes received
3 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default

hey digitalchic,

I am an American from Florida and I hate to hear people that move here and talk about the USA. If they don't like it here then move out like our President Trump has said. So, I am saying the same thing 'about the Philippines way of life. I lived there and I didn't like some things they do but it is their country. If I hated it so much there then the planes fly back to my country. I never really knocked them much since I was on their land. Hope you get the drift.

Going to live there then unfortunately there's things we have to accept.

art
Nickleback99 likes this.


Last edited by M.C.A.; 24th July 2019 at 02:42 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 23rd July 2019, 07:12 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: florida
Posts: 345
Rep Power: 63
greenstreak1946 is a glorious beacon of lightgreenstreak1946 is a glorious beacon of lightgreenstreak1946 is a glorious beacon of lightgreenstreak1946 is a glorious beacon of lightgreenstreak1946 is a glorious beacon of lightgreenstreak1946 is a glorious beacon of light
240 likes received
3 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default

hey digitalchic

I can understand your concerns but we have people like you are talking about everywhere. I lived in florida and had the same problem with people living like that. The only problem in the Philippines is the widespread of the situation. After I lived there for several months I realized that is their way of life. Most are brought up living in those conditions. I might be wrong but I don't think most know any better then to throw trash on the ground or men just stopping and pee where ever they are at. It is mind-boggling to say the least to see this problem there.

I hope you can just ignore 95% of it and be happy living in the Philippines. After being there for several months I got to the point where it didn't bother me either. I just accepted it.

art

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 27th July 2019, 04:39 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Tagaytay
Posts: 44
Rep Power: 0
digitalchic is on a distinguished road
36 likes received
40 likes given

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefties43332 View Post
Welcome to the Philippines!!!!! It is the country it is,you wont change them. On the 6 islands Ive lived on its always been that way...even in Quezon city. By the way,where are you from? Its suppose to say at the top.
I'm a Filipino raised in Dubai. I moved back in the Philippines and lived in Makati for 12 years. After being exhausted with city living, I thought moving to the country side will be a good idea.

Yes, some people are really uneducated with environmental awareness.
hogrider, Nickleback99 and M.C.A. like this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 27th July 2019, 04:42 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Tagaytay
Posts: 44
Rep Power: 0
digitalchic is on a distinguished road
36 likes received
40 likes given

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstreak1946 View Post
hey digitalchic,

I am an American from Florida and I hate to hear people that move here and talk about the USA. If they don't like it here then move out like our President Trump has said. So, I am saying the same thing 'about the Philippines way of life. I lived there and I didn't like some things they do but it is their country. If I hated it so much there then the planes fly back to my country. I never really knocked them much since I was on their land. Hope you get the drift.

Going to live there then unfortunately there's things we have to accept.

art
Exactly what the local said to me here "go back where you belong"

There's no strong law such as throwing their rubbish everywhere and spitting. Unlike in the city that they'll get fines and community service. What's worst is, those litter offenders are barangay officials in the community.
Nickleback99 likes this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 27th July 2019, 04:45 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Tagaytay
Posts: 44
Rep Power: 0
digitalchic is on a distinguished road
36 likes received
40 likes given

Default

Any activities at night? Is there a group of expat gathering within Laguna/Tagaytay area? I found a bar in Paseo (along Nuvali) that they teach Salsa on Saturdays from 11pm to midnight. It's too far from my place (about 20km).
Nickleback99 and M.C.A. like this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 28th July 2019, 03:40 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Philippines
Posts: 804
Rep Power: 111
bigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to all
630 likes received
702 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from australia. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default

Only an observation from a guest in this fine country digitalchic, like or no as said a perspective from an outsider/guest from Australia.
Firstly to you, being raised in Dubai makes you better than your countrymen/women? You sound oblivious to the state and conditions that your compatriots live in as though this is your first time to visit a developing nation, perhaps a third world country, I am sure you have been out and about to various countries but still blind to the needs and wants of those countries including your own, shame on you big time. Don't criticise, if you are so passionate about your whinges, do something about it.

Did you not see in your ivory tower in Makati the struggles and poverty 3 blocks away? After 12 years? I certainly did. No different to 1 block back where I live. The people are fantastic here and one only needs to open their eyes to see the ingenuity, tenacity and family values of "an uneducated people" as you say and the love and sharing within this as I said fine country.
If you are so intent on changing the ways of Filipino doctrines; littering, pissing in the street, spitting, burning rubbish and uncontrolled animals and corruption then perhaps you should consider a role in local government.
Education comes from leaders and though a slow process reaps rewards eventually and has to start in primary school and will take 20, 30 or 40 years to recoup rewards and those coming up through the ranks will supply better garbage disposal, drainage, community infrastructure and world health.

Stop whingeing and make it your goal in life for the refinement to the Filipino lifestyle and wellbeing. Or simply go to the back and wait your turn.
Changing the subject a little. You purchased/rented a large lot and house and never researched? visited? Your Prior posts suggest that you did not and you are somewhat disgruntled with your choice to move to paradise? While your home sounds great with the garden, away from the hustle and bustle of city living my thoughts/suggestion would be to enjoy, post some positive feedback instead of flip flop, Its a great place to live but every thing p*sses me off. Listen to yourself and please give your fellow countrymen a little credence as well as tolerance as we guests do. You made your bed as the saying goes.
While yes I whinge from time to time with my chosen locale it is more about Bureaucracy, inefficiencies within and including private enterprise and the inability to leap 20 years into the future to make life easier for customers,,,,,,, banks included.

Though my post may sound harsh digitalchick, for you as a compatriot, Filipino, you need to lighten up, perhaps me also but only an opinion from a guest here. As always, OMO.

Cheers, Steve.
Nickleback99 likes this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 28th July 2019, 03:52 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Philippines
Posts: 804
Rep Power: 111
bigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to all
630 likes received
702 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from australia. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalchic View Post
Any activities at night? Is there a group of expat gathering within Laguna/Tagaytay area? I found a bar in Paseo (along Nuvali) that they teach Salsa on Saturdays from 11pm to midnight. It's too far from my place (about 20km).
11 to midnight? Even if I lived next door this poor old soul is in bed well by 10 PM. Kicking up my heels is done mostly from 6 AM playing with the property and stock market until 9AM then reside/chill until 6 PM and play again for a few hours. Dancing until midnight went away 40 years ago.
Is your maid dropping and picking up? Perhaps others are keen but for me not at that time.

Cheers, Steve.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Tags
living in tagaytay

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.