Special Philippine Retirement Visa Offered to Veterans - Page 2

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Asia > Philippines Expat Forum

Philippines Expat Forum The Philippines Expats Forum is dedicated those individuals that have chosen to make Philippines their new home. This forum is an ideal place for Expats now living in Philippines to meet and discuss all aspects to their new way of life.

Like Tree12Likes

Special Philippine Retirement Visa Offered to Veterans - Page 2


Reply
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 19th February 2019, 11:34 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Los Banos Laguna
Posts: 2,688
Rep Power: 286
M.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond repute
2148 likes received
6799 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default NBI Clearance

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstreak1946 View Post
if we are already living in the Philippines how do we get a police clearance for the states that the Philippine government will accept for the SRRV?

thanks

art
From talking with many other expats the police clearance or it's actually a police record print out from your state... it wasn't a requirement anymore after 6 months all you needed was an NBI Clearance and this goes the same for the 13a Visa, those trying to do this from the Philippines.

But if stateside this police record would be part of your package submitted to the Philippine Consulate that works with your home state so it's best to have all your documents verified first in the US and then the Philippine Consulate will give you a package that you bring to the Philippines for any further procedures such as a money deposit.

Art you have listed Florida as your current location so I'd have your all originals Birth certificate, police record print out, DD-214, bank statement showing pension and what other requirements the Philippine Consulate is requesting you give them for your package they verify or certify them for you, you don't want to try and get these certify from here they won't do it or it could end being a very costly procedure through the US Embassy at $50 a document. It's been a long time for me but I come up with any divorce decrees, 3 months of my tax returns also submitted along with my passport but it only took me a couple months through the mail system and I had some follow up questions from the Philippine Consulate that I addressed on my health but all in all it only took me two months.

Don't be shy in contacting by message or phone the Philippine Consulate, I had to call or message them at least 4 times and they even called me when it was finally all worked out and approved.

__________________


I am not a regulated immigration adviser. I am offering an opinion and not advice. Check here for professional help with the Philippine Bureau of Immigration PBI https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration or Philippine Retirement Authority PRA for an SRRV Visa https://pra.gov.ph/contact/ Always stay alert and don't let your guard down.

Last edited by M.C.A.; 19th February 2019 at 11:54 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 21st February 2019, 02:26 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mandurriao,Iloilo,Phils
Posts: 1,256
Rep Power: 229
fmartin_gila has much to be proud offmartin_gila has much to be proud offmartin_gila has much to be proud offmartin_gila has much to be proud offmartin_gila has much to be proud offmartin_gila has much to be proud offmartin_gila has much to be proud offmartin_gila has much to be proud of
1331 likes received
1016 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C.A. View Post
From talking with many other expats the police clearance or it's actually a police record print out from your state... it wasn't a requirement anymore after 6 months all you needed was an NBI Clearance and this goes the same for the 13a Visa, those trying to do this from the Philippines.

But if stateside this police record would be part of your package submitted to the Philippine Consulate that works with your home state so it's best to have all your documents verified first in the US and then the Philippine Consulate will give you a package that you bring to the Philippines for any further procedures such as a money deposit.

Art you have listed Florida as your current location so I'd have your all originals Birth certificate, police record print out, DD-214, bank statement showing pension and what other requirements the Philippine Consulate is requesting you give them for your package they verify or certify them for you, you don't want to try and get these certify from here they won't do it or it could end being a very costly procedure through the US Embassy at $50 a document. It's been a long time for me but I come up with any divorce decrees, 3 months of my tax returns also submitted along with my passport but it only took me a couple months through the mail system and I had some follow up questions from the Philippine Consulate that I addressed on my health but all in all it only took me two months.

Don't be shy in contacting by message or phone the Philippine Consulate, I had to call or message them at least 4 times and they even called me when it was finally all worked out and approved.
Make doubly sure to 'cross all T's and dot all I's' as they get very nit-picky about details. When registering our Marriage (at the Phillipine Consulate in Los Angeles), I had to furnish my 1st Marriage Certificate and Divorce Decree, 2nd Marriage Certificate and her Death Certificate, along with 3rd Marriage Certificate and her Death Certificate. My Asawa had to furnish (philippine) Birth Certificate, 1st Marriage contract & Certificate and his Death Certificate. Only then would they accept our Marriage Certificate from Arizona to register our marriage.

Fred
M.C.A. likes this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 21st February 2019, 11:41 PM
gbb55434's Avatar
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Blaine, MN
Posts: 17
Rep Power: 0
gbb55434 is on a distinguished road
9 likes received
11 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerly View Post
Hi Mikel,

Yes, this is still available. The PRA offers a special privilege for veterans. Your required deposit would only be $1500 pesos and not $10,000. All you need to show is your DD214 or your Honorable Dismissal along with your proof of pension and police clearance from your country.
Thank you for the information. $1500 in pesos is not too bad. It would avoid going yearly or as needed and dealing with bureaucratic red tape.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 21st February 2019, 11:50 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Los Banos Laguna
Posts: 2,688
Rep Power: 286
M.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond repute
2148 likes received
6799 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default Fee's will be in in US Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbb55434 View Post
Thank you for the information. $1500 in pesos is not too bad. It would avoid going yearly or as needed and dealing with bureaucratic red tape.
I didn't catch this one but actually, the deposit for a qualifying Veteran is $1,500 so US dollars and then the yearly fee of $360.
http://www.philippineconsulatela.org...RRV-BY-PRA.pdf
gbb55434 and herbpe like this.

__________________


I am not a regulated immigration adviser. I am offering an opinion and not advice. Check here for professional help with the Philippine Bureau of Immigration PBI https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration or Philippine Retirement Authority PRA for an SRRV Visa https://pra.gov.ph/contact/ Always stay alert and don't let your guard down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 21st February 2019, 11:57 PM
gbb55434's Avatar
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Blaine, MN
Posts: 17
Rep Power: 0
gbb55434 is on a distinguished road
9 likes received
11 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C.A. View Post
I didn't catch this one but actually, the deposit for a qualifying Veteran is $1,500 so US dollars and then the yearly fee of $360.
http://www.philippineconsulatela.org...RRV-BY-PRA.pdf
well, that's a bit more, but if it cuts down on dealing with bureaucrats, I am all for it. I'll have to contact the consulate in Chicago.
M.C.A. and herbpe like this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 24th February 2019, 09:18 PM
Manitoba's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Mandaluyong City
Posts: 799
Rep Power: 149
Manitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud of
836 likes received
158 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from canada. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canounggoy View Post
..... The Marketers that help with SRRV get paid by the PRA but they all seem to want a little extra. Maybe it's worth $300 , .....
The marketers are not supposed to charge extra. I had a good one and no word about any extra charges.

If I was doing it again and was asked for additional payment I'd report the marketer. Let the PRA sort out the issue, hopefully they will terminate any marketer asking for extra and clean up the system.
M.C.A. likes this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 3rd March 2019, 05:58 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Makati
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
lawyerly will become famous soon enoughlawyerly will become famous soon enough
4 likes received

Users Flag! Originally from philippines. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default

If you do not have your Police Clearance with you right now, you can apply execute an Understating that you will comply with this requirement within a period of 6 months. If you have stayed here for more than 30 days, you will also be required to obtain an NBI Clearance.


Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstreak1946 View Post
if we are already living in the Philippines how do we get a police clearance for the states that the Philippine government will accept for the SRRV?

thanks

art

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Partner Visa: Subclasses 309 and 100 /Visa Processing time frames balajiradhika Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 32915 8th December 2019 03:09 AM
Newbie Bassa123 The Basement Lounge 10 3rd July 2018 02:01 PM
HELP: What visa allows me to get married in the UK??? tomtomas Britain Expat Forum for Expats Living in the UK 4 14th January 2018 11:08 AM
Procedure to invite relative for 1 week JabbarSagoor Other Middle East & Africa 1 13th September 2017 12:03 PM
Thinking of moving to Thailand tecone78 Thailand Expat Forum for Expats Living in Thailand 9 8th September 2017 09:16 AM

FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.