Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad

Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad (https://www.expatforum.com/expats/)
-   Philippines Expat Forum (https://www.expatforum.com/expats/philippines-expat-forum/)
-   -   Home insurance for condo? (https://www.expatforum.com/expats/philippines-expat-forum/1419730-home-insurance-condo.html)

JoshBlue82 25th March 2018 04:25 AM

Home insurance for condo?
 
First post, long time lurker.

My wife and I both Expats purchased a condo unti in Makati and are currently renting it out. We only just got the keys for the unit 3 months ago and want to get home owners insurance to protect against,fire,flood,earthquake etc. We have no idea how this type or process works in Philippines, how much it costs and what type of coverage we can expect. Can anybody with any insight lend a helping hand?

Thanks in advance, Josh

bigpearl 25th March 2018 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshBlue82 (Post 14214554)
First post, long time lurker.

My wife and I both Expats purchased a condo unti in Makati and are currently renting it out. We only just got the keys for the unit 3 months ago and want to get home owners insurance to protect against,fire,flood,earthquake etc. We have no idea how this type or process works in Philippines, how much it costs and what type of coverage we can expect. Can anybody with any insight lend a helping hand?

Thanks in advance, Josh

Welcome to the forum Josh, enjoy. You raise a good point with insurance, we also have tenants in our house and I never thought of insurance,,,,, even though we are insured to the hilt in Oz with all things, that one slipped my mind for here in PH.
I too would be interested to hear what other members do and how they went about it.

Cheers, Steve.

Hey_Joe 25th March 2018 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshBlue82 (Post 14214554)
First post, long time lurker.

My wife and I both Expats purchased a condo unti in Makati and are currently renting it out. We only just got the keys for the unit 3 months ago and want to get home owners insurance to protect against,fire,flood,earthquake etc. We have no idea how this type or process works in Philippines, how much it costs and what type of coverage we can expect. Can anybody with any insight lend a helping hand?

Thanks in advance, Josh

May be difficult to get an answer. I provided inf on a Life Insurance question & moderator deleted it. Must have thought I was advertising the company.

bidrod 25th March 2018 10:49 AM

Just Google it. The companies available will show so you can compare.

Chuck

Asian Spirit 25th March 2018 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hey_Joe (Post 14215570)
May be difficult to get an answer. I provided inf on a Life Insurance question & moderator deleted it. Must have thought I was advertising the company.

If the information has been requested by a member such as in this thread, it is perfectly okay to give the name of companies you have used. What would not be permitted in this thread would be for an insurance company to jump in and list their services. That would be an advertisement.

Sorry Hey_Joe, I don't remember your post..


Asian Spirit ;)

hogrider 25th March 2018 02:22 PM

No idea of insuring a condo, but I just arranged insurance for our house. It includes protection against, earthquakes, flooding, acts of God etc. Insured value is P6m on the house and P1m on the contents. The premium is P6,700 pa.

Hey_Joe 25th March 2018 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asian Spirit (Post 14216170)
If the information has been requested by a member such as in this thread, it is perfectly okay to give the name of companies you have used. What would not be permitted in this thread would be for an insurance company to jump in and list their services. That would be an advertisement.

Sorry Hey_Joe, I don't remember your post..


Asian Spirit ;)


Here is the post from July 2017. I finally found an Insurance company through the Philippine Retirement Authority, answered my own post about 2 months ago by explaining that I found a company and you deleted the post saying it was advertisement.

www.expatforum.com/expats/philippines-expat-forum/1306866-life-insurance.html

Hey_Joe 25th March 2018 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hogrider (Post 14216234)
No idea of insuring a condo, but I just arranged insurance for our house. It includes protection against, earthquakes, flooding, acts of God etc. Insured value is P6m on the house and P1m on the contents. The premium is P6,700 pa.

HogRider, Please PM me with the name of the company.

Asian Spirit 26th March 2018 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hey_Joe (Post 14217618)
Here is the post from July 2017. I finally found an Insurance company through the Philippine Retirement Authority, answered my own post about 2 months ago by explaining that I found a company and you deleted the post saying it was advertisement.

www.expatforum.com/expats/philippines-expat-forum/1306866-life-insurance.html

I sent a PM over to you...

fmartin_gila 26th March 2018 02:25 AM

Never gave it a thought, We are naked(the standard term used in the US to indicate no insurance) except for vehicle liability and that is only a minimum policy as required.

Fred


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.