Architect/Engineer

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Asia > Philippines Expat Forum

Philippines Expat Forum The Philippines Expats Forum is dedicated those individuals that have chosen to make Philippines their new home. This forum is an ideal place for Expats now living in Philippines to meet and discuss all aspects to their new way of life.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Gary D
  • 1 Post By Simon1983
  • 1 Post By bigpearl

Architect/Engineer


Reply
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 22nd March 2018, 08:39 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Philippines
Posts: 804
Rep Power: 111
bigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to all
630 likes received
702 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from australia. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default Architect/Engineer

We are in the midst of looking for an architect to discuss our ideas and plans for extensions to our house in Bacnotan La Union, (San Juan, San Fernando City) I have found plenty online but before I make contact with a couple of them was hoping other members may have good and or bad recommendations to hopefully steer us in a better direction.

I have been in the building game in Oz for over 40 years so have a fair idea what we want but have little idea here in PH. with regards to concrete pier and beam construction and from what I have read it's better to get a professional on board (on our side) to deal with the legal side as well as construction companies and quality control. Yes I will be on the ground through the whole construction phase.

Hope there are some positive referrals and definitely look forward to bad feedback so we know who to steer clear of.

Cheers, Steve.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 22nd March 2018, 11:49 AM
Gary D's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Hermosa Bataan
Posts: 1,582
Rep Power: 198
Gary D has much to be proud ofGary D has much to be proud ofGary D has much to be proud ofGary D has much to be proud ofGary D has much to be proud ofGary D has much to be proud ofGary D has much to be proud ofGary D has much to be proud ofGary D has much to be proud of
1383 likes received
295 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpearl View Post
We are in the midst of looking for an architect to discuss our ideas and plans for extensions to our house in Bacnotan La Union, (San Juan, San Fernando City) I have found plenty online but before I make contact with a couple of them was hoping other members may have good and or bad recommendations to hopefully steer us in a better direction.

I have been in the building game in Oz for over 40 years so have a fair idea what we want but have little idea here in PH. with regards to concrete pier and beam construction and from what I have read it's better to get a professional on board (on our side) to deal with the legal side as well as construction companies and quality control. Yes I will be on the ground through the whole construction phase.

Hope there are some positive referrals and definitely look forward to bad feedback so we know who to steer clear of.

Cheers, Steve.
Personal recommendation is the only way to go. Look around and if you see something you like knock on the door and ask who they used.
bigpearl likes this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 22nd March 2018, 11:57 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Pangasinan
Posts: 136
Rep Power: 65
Simon1983 will become famous soon enough
173 likes received
74 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default

I know a British guy in Pangasinan (retired architect) and a Filipino in Pampanga. If you PM me I can forward your details to them.
bigpearl likes this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 22nd March 2018, 12:11 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Philippines
Posts: 804
Rep Power: 111
bigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to all
630 likes received
702 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from australia. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon1983 View Post
I know a British guy in Pangasinan (retired architect) and a Filipino in Pampanga. If you PM me I can forward your details to them.
Thanks Simon but I really need a local that knows the rubbish that will surely go on here in Bacnotan once we start this process. Again thanks for your input.

Cheers, Steve.
Simon1983 likes this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 22nd March 2018, 12:13 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Philippines
Posts: 804
Rep Power: 111
bigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to all
630 likes received
702 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from australia. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary D View Post
Personal recommendation is the only way to go. Look around and if you see something you like knock on the door and ask who they used.
Yes Gary that's what we will probably have to do in the end, just putting it out there.

Cheers, Steve.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 29th March 2018, 02:28 AM
Zep Zep is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Tarlac
Posts: 150
Rep Power: 0
Zep is on a distinguished road
152 likes received
18 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default

I guess I am lucky in the fact that I have numerous relatives living in my community to help with all our construction needs. They have built at least 5 family homes and countless others for their families.

That being said they do not plan anything:

If you are lucky they do a sketch on a piece of cardboard before starting. No such thing as permits. On the better looking houses the roof and windows are contracted but nothing else.

I hope you find a architect and the right crew to help you out. Not easy over here to find what you are looking for. I have been trying to find a dermatologist for over a year now with no luck. They all say they are but when you get there the place is nothing more than a beauty salon with untrained staff. Might have to go to Manila.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 29th March 2018, 10:45 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philippines
Posts: 566
Rep Power: 173
DonAndAbby has a reputation beyond reputeDonAndAbby has a reputation beyond reputeDonAndAbby has a reputation beyond reputeDonAndAbby has a reputation beyond reputeDonAndAbby has a reputation beyond reputeDonAndAbby has a reputation beyond reputeDonAndAbby has a reputation beyond reputeDonAndAbby has a reputation beyond reputeDonAndAbby has a reputation beyond reputeDonAndAbby has a reputation beyond reputeDonAndAbby has a reputation beyond repute
492 likes received
337 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zep View Post
I guess I am lucky in the fact that I have numerous relatives living in my community to help with all our construction needs. They have built at least 5 family homes and countless others for their families.

That being said they do not plan anything:

If you are lucky they do a sketch on a piece of cardboard before starting. No such thing as permits. On the better looking houses the roof and windows are contracted but nothing else.

I hope you find a architect and the right crew to help you out. Not easy over here to find what you are looking for. I have been trying to find a dermatologist for over a year now with no luck. They all say they are but when you get there the place is nothing more than a beauty salon with untrained staff. Might have to go to Manila.
I go to a dermatologist in Angeles who has a lot of expensive high end laser equipment and seems to know his stuff. He is not cheap but way cheaper than the
U.S. robbery I last experienced. A derma there in U.S. saw me for 15 minutes of scrap and burn. Bill was $800.

PM me if you want more info.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Claim points for her, Even that she has a bachelor of Architect Engineer with band 6 aminalwan Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 4 6th September 2016 05:31 AM
ANZSCO Code for IT Architect or Solution Architect trvl1982 Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 2 16th August 2016 02:48 PM
Average Salary for 10+ year experienced Software Engineer/Architect pvijkris Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 2 24th November 2012 05:00 PM
Architect or engineer SusieandGlenn Portugal Expat Forum for Expats Living in Portugal 3 1st December 2010 07:40 AM

FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.