Expats in Cavite Area - Page 4

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Asia > Philippines Expat Forum

Philippines Expat Forum The Philippines Expats Forum is dedicated those individuals that have chosen to make Philippines their new home. This forum is an ideal place for Expats now living in Philippines to meet and discuss all aspects to their new way of life.

Like Tree17Likes

Expats in Cavite Area - Page 4


Reply
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #31 (permalink)  
Old 15th February 2014, 04:57 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pilippines
Posts: 442
Rep Power: 172
mogo51 will become famous soon enough
304 likes received
279 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from australia. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default

Good to read some interesting comments here. Gene good to see a post from you again, we spoke often several years ago. My Filipino gf says Tagatay is very lovely area with nice cool weather. Sorry guys but I chuckle at the suggestion that $100k is expensive for a house, would not buy you 1/3 of a home back in Oz- our housing prices as just stupid. I am getting some good feedback on this forum regarding the cost of living between Thailand and Phils.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #32 (permalink)  
Old 15th February 2014, 05:55 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philippines
Posts: 6,008
Rep Power: 535
Asian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond repute
4098 likes received
5087 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default Welcome Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogo51 View Post
Good to read some interesting comments here. Gene good to see a post from you again, we spoke often several years ago. My Filipino gf says Tagatay is very lovely area with nice cool weather. Sorry guys but I chuckle at the suggestion that $100k is expensive for a house, would not buy you 1/3 of a home back in Oz- our housing prices as just stupid. I am getting some good feedback on this forum regarding the cost of living between Thailand and Phils.
Yea, good to see you're posting. The Tagatay area really is nice. Was there early last year and liked what I saw. Cost of houses? If I bought mine today it world cost only about P90,000--that's pesos! Cost is pretty low here but I'm told there are some good areas in Tagatay also that are not too much.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #33 (permalink)  
Old 15th February 2014, 06:59 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pilippines
Posts: 442
Rep Power: 172
mogo51 will become famous soon enough
304 likes received
279 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from australia. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Lag View Post
Yea, good to see you're posting. The Tagatay area really is nice. Was there early last year and liked what I saw. Cost of houses? If I bought mine today it world cost only about P90,000--that's pesos! Cost is pretty low here but I'm told there are some good areas in Tagatay also that are not too much.
that is so cheap for a house, can you advise what it consists of? You would not buy a driveway in Australia for that. How far to the sea, as i see it on the map, it is on the edge of the lake?
From some other blog, I think there are no malls there, how is the shopping, seems strange that they oont have a mall for a relatively large city as I understand it.
I suppose there are no unit Condo construction there? That probably suits our lifestyle more. I did spend a few weeks in Angeles and internet drop outs were regular, along with brown outs, what is it like there?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #34 (permalink)  
Old 15th February 2014, 07:45 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philippines
Posts: 6,008
Rep Power: 535
Asian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond repute
4098 likes received
5087 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogo51 View Post
that is so cheap for a house, can you advise what it consists of? You would not buy a driveway in Australia for that. How far to the sea, as i see it on the map, it is on the edge of the lake?
From some other blog, I think there are no malls there, how is the shopping, seems strange that they oont have a mall for a relatively large city as I understand it.
I suppose there are no unit Condo construction there? That probably suits our lifestyle more. I did spend a few weeks in Angeles and internet drop outs were regular, along with brown outs, what is it like there?
There are no condos in a Pinatubo resettlement. Well, the houses are like a "Flintstones" condo. 12 feet by about 40 feet-cement box. There are many that have been renovated and are beautiful. Ours is still rather plain but livable. No matter what provider you use, the internet drops from time to time. Takes about one hour from here to Subic bay on the new expressway from Clark. There are many malls around our area with the closest one about 18km from our house.
We shop mostly at the local public market and is far less than mall grocery stores or even Puregold.
No lake anywhere close to us. Photo in my profile is of just a small fish pond.
M.C.A. likes this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Expats from Lahore area karamatali Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 3 19th January 2012 07:29 PM
expats in the Loei area banboy Thailand Expat Forum for Expats Living in Thailand 0 7th September 2010 12:22 PM
looking for expats in my area captainben Thailand Expat Forum for Expats Living in Thailand 1 3rd April 2010 09:17 AM
Expats in the Toulouse area? LALLEN France Expat Forum for Expats Living in France 4 29th January 2009 02:01 PM

FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.