Move to Poland questions?

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Europe > Other Europe

Other Europe Please post here for anywhere in Europe which doesn't have a dedicated forum.

Move to Poland questions?

Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12th October 2019, 02:11 AM
New Member
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1
Rep Power: 0
jamesmcintyre23 is on a distinguished road

Default Move to Poland questions?

Hi my name is James McIntyre, I am a dual citizen of both Australia and Britain. I am planning to move to Poland later this year to marry my long term girl friend. I have a few questions regarding temporary residence and work permits if there is a Brexit-No Deal between the UK and Poland, please see questions as follows:

1/ is it best to apply for temp residency and work permits together or separately?

2/ if your work permit is issued before your temp residency permit are you legally allowed to work?

3/ if your circumstances change during the processing of your temp residency permit (ie Kasia and I get married), can you amend your current application or do you have to submit a new temporary residency permit based on marriage to a Polish national?

4/ I hold Australian and British citizenship. If there is a brexit deal then I could enter Poland with my British passport and would not require a temporary residence permit or working permit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 25th October 2019, 04:05 PM
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: La La Land
Posts: 35
Rep Power: 0
b0ll0cks-to-brexit is on a distinguished road
12 likes received
10 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in portugal.

You didnt mention your girlfriends citizenship (PL?).

It would be preferable if you enter PL with UK passport before brexsh1t, as you can then apply for residency as EU citizen. That would be much easier than work permit.

I dont see why you cant apply to adjust your status later on.
Why dont you look at PL embassy website, they should have all the info.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

FORUM PARTNERS is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.