need an answer here

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Asia > Other Asia

Other Asia Please post here for anywhere in Asia which doesn't have a dedicated forum.

need an answer here


Reply
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 9th September 2010, 08:02 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Philippines
Posts: 2
Rep Power: 0
betsyboop77 is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from philippines. Users Flag! Expat in singapore.
Question need an answer here

hi to all expats! im planning to to Singapore and maybe find a new job. i actually came from dubai but unfortunately i was affected with the recession. but first, could anyone tell me if there are possible jobs for me which is in line with administrative, secretary/ receptionist, document controller and customer service maybe? and what are the possible test or medical examinations needed once employed in Singapore? please, please i need answers

thanks a lot pips!

betsyboop77

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10th September 2010, 06:59 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Polar Land
Posts: 2,429
Rep Power: 911
simonsays has a reputation beyond reputesimonsays has a reputation beyond reputesimonsays has a reputation beyond reputesimonsays has a reputation beyond reputesimonsays has a reputation beyond reputesimonsays has a reputation beyond reputesimonsays has a reputation beyond reputesimonsays has a reputation beyond reputesimonsays has a reputation beyond reputesimonsays has a reputation beyond reputesimonsays has a reputation beyond repute
705 likes received
442 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from singapore. Users Flag! Expat in singapore.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by betsyboop77 View Post
hi to all expats! im planning to to Singapore and maybe find a new job. i actually came from dubai but unfortunately i was affected with the recession. but first, could anyone tell me if there are possible jobs for me which is in line with administrative, secretary/ receptionist, document controller and customer service maybe? and what are the possible test or medical examinations needed once employed in Singapore? please, please i need answers

thanks a lot pips!

betsyboop77
well, most of your answers have been answered before .. so let me just add some ..

For medical, Philippines will insist on a medical which is worthless in Singapore, so once yuo secure your job and Work pass/EP approved, you will need to go for HIV/TB screening - and may or may not pregnency (if you are the randomly selected lucky one .. ) or may not, and ICA may request a declaration form ..

As for jobs- yes, there are, but you need to spend time and search for agencies and such, or ask a friend here to despatch a Saturday classified so you can have an idea ...

__________________
... ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10th September 2010, 12:24 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Philippines
Posts: 2
Rep Power: 0
betsyboop77 is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from philippines. Users Flag! Expat in singapore.
Default thanks much

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecureilx View Post
well, most of your answers have been answered before .. so let me just add some ..

For medical, Philippines will insist on a medical which is worthless in Singapore, so once yuo secure your job and Work pass/EP approved, you will need to go for HIV/TB screening - and may or may not pregnency (if you are the randomly selected lucky one .. ) or may not, and ICA may request a declaration form ..

As for jobs- yes, there are, but you need to spend time and search for agencies and such, or ask a friend here to despatch a Saturday classified so you can have an idea ...
================================================== ========

hi there, thanks much really appreciate your info. but can i ask for one more favor if its ok. do you have any idea for a search engine where employers post directly that they are on hiring. thanks much in advance!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10th September 2010, 12:57 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Polar Land
Posts: 2,429
Rep Power: 911
simonsays has a reputation beyond reputesimonsays has a reputation beyond reputesimonsays has a reputation beyond reputesimonsays has a reputation beyond reputesimonsays has a reputation beyond reputesimonsays has a reputation beyond reputesimonsays has a reputation beyond reputesimonsays has a reputation beyond reputesimonsays has a reputation beyond reputesimonsays has a reputation beyond reputesimonsays has a reputation beyond repute
705 likes received
442 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from singapore. Users Flag! Expat in singapore.
Default

Not that I know of .. you may try to contact somebody to send you the saturday newspaper for you to have an idea ..

Cheers

__________________
... ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12th September 2010, 01:38 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: singapore
Posts: 12
Rep Power: 0
atfc will become famous soon enough

Users Flag! Originally from australia. Users Flag! Expat in singapore.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by betsyboop77 View Post
================================================== ========

hi there, thanks much really appreciate your info. but can i ask for one more favor if its ok. do you have any idea for a search engine where employers post directly that they are on hiring. thanks much in advance!
try googling for your search engine. some examples of them are like jobsdb jobstreet etc.

cheers

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SA SS - anyone got an answer yet? syed2010 Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 6 21st July 2011 01:20 AM
VIC SS - anyone got an answer yet? tigris330 Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 3 23rd April 2011 06:57 AM
Anyone Know The Right Answer???????????????????????? northers General Expat Discussions 1 27th November 2010 04:05 PM
ref your answer grz jkchawner Spain Expat Forum for Expats Living in Spain 13 15th May 2009 06:23 PM
Is this the answer SteveHall Spain Expat Forum for Expats Living in Spain 18 1st January 2009 10:43 AM

FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.