Which Visa for China?

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Asia > Other Asia

Other Asia Please post here for anywhere in Asia which doesn't have a dedicated forum.

Which Visa for China?

Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11th June 2019, 08:37 PM
New Member
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: England and China
Posts: 17
Rep Power: 0
GrumpyBrit is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in china.
Default Which Visa for China?

Hey guys looking for some advice on which visa I need to apply for please

I've actually travelled to mainland China many times (although its been a few years) on business - this time I want to accompany my Chinese wife and our two infant children.

Our kids have UK passports so I'd assume they need a Q1/2 family visa, but do I also need this or do I need a tourist visa (L)? Or are we all OK on a tourist visas?

Also if I need a letter of invitation, do I need one from someone actually in China? My wife has been living in the UK.

I hear UK ppl have to submit fingerprints now, whats everyone's experience with this?

Thanks in advance.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.