limited license electrician smc

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Australasia & the Pacific Islands > New Zealand Expat Forum for Expats Living in New Zealand

New Zealand Expat Forum for Expats Living in New Zealand Have you moved to New Zealand from another country? Or are you thinking about making New Zealand your new home? Want to meet others like you and discuss Real Estate, sport, socialising, food, cars, insurance, laws, taxes and anything related to New Zealand?

limited license electrician smc

Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 8th March 2020, 07:20 PM
New Member
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 1
Rep Power: 0
wsztg008 is on a distinguished road

Default limited license electrician smc

Hi everyone

I am applying for electrician limited license right now. I heard of some cases that people get their resident visa granted by limited license in SMC method.

On immgration website with limited license people can only do resident to work visa. if someone wanna do smc he should have full license.

but the real assessment from immgration department is enough story according to the saying.

So I just wanna know does anyone have This king of experience might be able to share


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 14th March 2020, 01:48 AM
escapedtonz's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Te Puna, Tauranga
Posts: 4,801
Rep Power: 387
escapedtonz will become famous soon enoughescapedtonz will become famous soon enough
858 likes received
21 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in newzealand.

You won't get RV granted unless you have a skilled job or skilled job offer in NZ.......period!
If your chosen occupation requires you to have professional registration you will also have to be some way down the route of obtaining that professional registration until INZ will approve a Resident Visa. It may be possible to secure a temporary class work visa - like Work To Residence visa or Essential Skills Visa but again you need a job. Registration for a professional occupation doesn't get you a visa.

You will not be approved RV by just getting a limited license to work as an electrician here.

EOI submitted Jan 2010. ITA Jan 2010. ITA submitted Apr 2010. RV approved June 2011. Passports stickered and back to us Aug 2011. Secured job Dec 2011. Arrived Mar 2012. PRV Mar eligible for citizenship but at $1175 Yeah but Nah!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

FORUM PARTNERS is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.