Help required - before applying EOI

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Australasia & the Pacific Islands > New Zealand Expat Forum for Expats Living in New Zealand

New Zealand Expat Forum for Expats Living in New Zealand Have you moved to New Zealand from another country? Or are you thinking about making New Zealand your new home? Want to meet others like you and discuss Real Estate, sport, socialising, food, cars, insurance, laws, taxes and anything related to New Zealand?

Help required - before applying EOI


Reply
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 22nd January 2020, 07:27 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 3
Rep Power: 0
stabishali is on a distinguished road

Default Help required - before applying EOI

Hi,

Can someone with a similar experience or guide me here for point calculation.

I have calculated 185 points without a job offer.

below is the point justification

Age is 34 (30 points)

Qualification
Done with NZQA and the assessment outcomes are

1. A bachelor's degree at Level 7 "The qualification assessed above meets the credit and knowledge requirements of a qualification listed under the occupation of Telecommunications Engineer"
2. A master's degree at Level 9 "The qualification was studied part-time. The duration above indicates the time taken to complete the program."

the bachelor's degree is in LTSSL and fulfills my 10 years Telecom experience too. while the master degree is in a different field and obtained in 2018, so Should I go with the master's degree with (70 points)? Kindly assist.

Work Experience (10 Years) this June (should apply for EOI in June or can claim 10 years now as I have 4 months to justify my experience after getting ITA. > (50 Points)
work experience in an area of the absolute skills shortage (15 points) due to bachelors degree

Spouse Qualification (Level 9) 20

Thanks,

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 23rd January 2020, 10:56 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Christchurch
Posts: 60
Rep Power: 0
hsran is on a distinguished road
8 likes received
3 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in newzealand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stabishali View Post
Hi,

Can someone with a similar experience or guide me here for point calculation.

I have calculated 185 points without a job offer.

below is the point justification

Age is 34 (30 points)

Qualification
Done with NZQA and the assessment outcomes are

1. A bachelor's degree at Level 7 "The qualification assessed above meets the credit and knowledge requirements of a qualification listed under the occupation of Telecommunications Engineer"
2. A master's degree at Level 9 "The qualification was studied part-time. The duration above indicates the time taken to complete the program."

the bachelor's degree is in LTSSL and fulfills my 10 years Telecom experience too. while the master degree is in a different field and obtained in 2018, so Should I go with the master's degree with (70 points)? Kindly assist.

Work Experience (10 Years) this June (should apply for EOI in June or can claim 10 years now as I have 4 months to justify my experience after getting ITA. > (50 Points)
work experience in an area of the absolute skills shortage (15 points) due to bachelors degree

Spouse Qualification (Level 9) 20

Thanks,
Looks alright and I did claim points for my B.EngTech even though it's not related to my job.Give INZ a call if you want to be 100% sure about it!

You just need >= 160 points and can save a few hundred kiwi pesos by not claiming points for your partners qualification.

__________________
Straya
[EOI Last Submitted]: [06/07/2019]
[Occupation] - [Engineering Technologist]
[Points]: [85]
[ITA]: []

NZ
[EOI Submitted]: [11/12/2019]
[ITA]: [13/12/2019]
[Points]: [170]
[SMC Visa Lodged]: [24/01/20]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 24th May 2020, 02:50 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Zim
Posts: 11
Rep Power: 0
Tkinuz is on a distinguished road

Default

Hi there.I just wanted to ask a question about the points.I see you have mentioned that 160 points is needed.I thought it was only 100 minimum?I am an accountant and scoring 140 points and my husband is a ICT support engineer scoring 170 points.We are both offshore and wanted to use the quickest one.We have been looking at Australia and it seems like our chances are lower there because it appears NZ will be easier for us.Was just wondering if its easier to get invited without a job offer or if you do not have a job offer you will not get invited.
Kind regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsran View Post
Looks alright and I did claim points for my B.EngTech even though it's not related to my job.Give INZ a call if you want to be 100% sure about it!

You just need >= 160 points and can save a few hundred kiwi pesos by not claiming points for your partners qualification.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 24th May 2020, 09:23 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Christchurch
Posts: 60
Rep Power: 0
hsran is on a distinguished road
8 likes received
3 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in newzealand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkinuz View Post
Hi there.I just wanted to ask a question about the points.I see you have mentioned that 160 points is needed.I thought it was only 100 minimum?I am an accountant and scoring 140 points and my husband is a ICT support engineer scoring 170 points.We are both offshore and wanted to use the quickest one.We have been looking at Australia and it seems like our chances are lower there because it appears NZ will be easier for us.Was just wondering if its easier to get invited without a job offer or if you do not have a job offer you will not get invited.
Kind regards
Yes but 160 was the minimum to score an invitation.

FYI,INZ has suspended EOI's for SMC visas until the unforseeable future!

__________________
Straya
[EOI Last Submitted]: [06/07/2019]
[Occupation] - [Engineering Technologist]
[Points]: [85]
[ITA]: []

NZ
[EOI Submitted]: [11/12/2019]
[ITA]: [13/12/2019]
[Points]: [170]
[SMC Visa Lodged]: [24/01/20]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 26th May 2020, 10:28 AM
escapedtonz's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Te Puna, Tauranga
Posts: 4,828
Rep Power: 391
escapedtonz will become famous soon enoughescapedtonz will become famous soon enough
862 likes received
21 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in newzealand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkinuz View Post
Hi there.I just wanted to ask a question about the points.I see you have mentioned that 160 points is needed.I thought it was only 100 minimum?I am an accountant and scoring 140 points and my husband is a ICT support engineer scoring 170 points.We are both offshore and wanted to use the quickest one.We have been looking at Australia and it seems like our chances are lower there because it appears NZ will be easier for us.Was just wondering if its easier to get invited without a job offer or if you do not have a job offer you will not get invited.
Kind regards
Minimum points on the EOI to be eligible to apply is 100. This will get the EOI in the pool, but that's as far as it'll go and after 6 months will be removed. It'll never be selected with <160 points. Only EOI's with at least 160 points are being selected. Selections are automatic and every fortnight.
If you have an EOI that is selected with 160 points or more itll then go through preliminary checking and if it passes you will receive ITA. It is at this stage you need to complete the formal application and provide all the evidence to support your points claim. During processing if your applications doesnt also have points for one of the following then you WILL NOT be successful.
(I) An NZ skilled job offer, or
(Ii) Previous NZ skilled work experience, or
(Iii) Previous qualifying NZ study experience.
The best you could hope for if you dont have one of these is a 12 month job search visa for the principal applicant only as an opportunity for them to come to NZ to get the all important NZ skilled job offer.

__________________
EOI submitted Jan 2010. ITA Jan 2010. ITA submitted Apr 2010. RV approved June 2011. Passports stickered and back to us Aug 2011. Secured job Dec 2011. Arrived Mar 2012. PRV Mar 2014......now eligible for citizenship but at $1175 Yeah but Nah!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.