Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad

Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad (https://www.expatforum.com/expats/)
-   La Chatarrer¯a (https://www.expatforum.com/expats/la-chatarrer/)
-   -   CONTROVERSIAL TOPIC More Trump (https://www.expatforum.com/expats/la-chatarrer/1377002-more-trump.html)

AlanMexicali 28th July 2018 04:04 AM

9 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RVGRINGO (Post 14590076)
Sooner, I hope. The noose is tightening and his 'base' may even be starting to crumble around the edges. The Republican Party may have trouble recovering from Trump.

This situation with the Republicans now in office is the most disgusting display of White Privilage to be on display that I am seeing in the media. When lying mean spirited conniving politicans openly lie all the time and con citizens to do the same and then turn around and screw over the working class and poor and spend tax money recklessly and bring the budget and deficit to all time highs and cut taxes to make the federal governmemt go broke soon and cause another economic crash and reccession on purpose I have to wonder what happened to the average norm/status quo I knew before that was: "You can trust Americans because they are so honest and trustworthy and good bussinessmen."

AlanMexicali 28th July 2018 11:10 AM

9 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorro2017 (Post 14589826)
The U.S. economy grew by 4.1 percent in the second quarter of 2018, marking the fastest economic expansion in nearly four years, according to a highly anticipated estimate released Friday by the Commerce Department.

GDP report shows booming 4.1 percent growth, as Trump touts 'amazing' numbers | Fox News

"Business tax payments plunge, while workers pay more
Workers are shouldering a rising share of federal revenue, while tax payments by businesses are plunging toward record lows.
Business tax payments plunge, while workers pay more

Rick Newman
Yahoo FinanceJuly 27, 2018, 8:55 PM

Workers are shouldering a rising share of federal revenue, while tax payments by businesses are plunging toward record lows.

Treasury Department data for the first half of 2018 show individual income tax receipts rose 8.1%, to $915 billion. Corporate income tax receipts fell 32.4%, to $100 billion. The sharp decline in corporate tax revenue is largely a result of the tax cuts President Trump signed into law at the end of 2017, which cut the top corporate rate from 35% to 21%. Here are the numbers:

Source: Dept. of the Treasury

The Trump tax cuts are also ballooning Washington’s annual deficits, along with the national debt. The CBO expects the gap between revenue and spending to soar by 21% this year, to $804 billion. The deficit will exceed $1 trillion by 2020 and grow for the foreseeable future." https://www.yahoo.com/news/business-...185504363.html
The booming ecomomy you boast about is a disaster waiting to happen. America is going to be in big economic trouble soon because of Trump's Republican administration's pathetic mismanagement of the federal government. It will get worse if they have their way. On Nov. 7th. the American citizens will kick out many of the Republican lowlifes and if Trump is still in office tie his hands for 2 years before he is kicked out if Mueller doesn't find anything illegal in his dealings.

lagoloo 28th July 2018 12:48 PM

The current economic and political situation is looking a bit like the current wildfires in California; burning brightly and out of control.

lagoloo 28th July 2018 01:57 PM

...and here's another less than glorious economic signal from today's financial news:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/housi...103833729.html

HolyMole 29th July 2018 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorro2017 (Post 14590014)
The FBI raids the office of Trump's lawyer, a tape from that raid is given to CNN. The FBI and the DOJ are still abusing their authority, spying on Trump, violating atty client priveledge and proving themselves to be corrupt and no longer credible.

You've got your lines down pat, and your marching orders memorized. No matter how damning the results of Mueller's investigation prove to be, it's all "Fake News", concocted by a coalition of:
--- sour-grapes Democrats who just can't accept that the American people chose Trump, and
--- the scary "Deep State".
It's entertaining watching Trump and his apologists squirm. First, they denied ever having anything to do with any Russians. Then, when news broke of the June/16 meeting at Trump Tower, establishing, at the very least, an attempt to collude, the line became "But nothing came of that meeting....it was a nothing" and, if pressed, "Collusion's not against the law". Maybe not, but providing aid and comfort to the enemy certainly is: it's called treason.
They first denied or poo-pooed warnings of Russian attempts to influence the election results. Then, when the evidence became overwhelming, the line became "But we know they didn't actually influence anyone's vote." No? Their man won, and not because a majority of voters chose Trump: more than 3 million more Americans voted against Trump as voted for him. No, Trump won because the Russian interference largely targeted some 20 odd states where Trump was able to pick up enough Electoral College votes to win. The Russians weren't stupid; they very clearly were able to direct their money and their efforts much more efficiently than even the Democrats. The Democrats unwittingly cooperated by sabotaging Bernie's campaign in favour of a candidate who, while certainly well-qualified for the job, was unpopular and had lots of baggage.
Of course it wasn't enough that Trump won the Electoral College vote. Like some tinpot dictator, he sent his minions out to prove there were at least 3-5 million illegal votes cast, and that there was massive voter fraud. How'd that go?
It doesn't take a detective to figure this out. Putin has "kompromat" on Trump and/or his immediate family or closest business partners. That, or it may have been as simple as "we'll help you win the election and you'll relax sanctions and stop getting in the way of our business in Ukraine".
The problem will be proving it all. Trump and his cohorts have spent their entire lives using the law and the courts to cover their sleazy activities. It will be entirely fitting to have Trump brought down by those same laws and courts. Live by the sword, die by the sword.
Now let's all bow our heads and say a small prayer for Robert Mueller. God grant him the strength to persevere.

AlanMexicali 29th July 2018 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanMexicali (Post 14590016)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorro2017 (Post 14590014)
The FBI raids the office of Trump's lawyer, a tape from that raid is given to CNN. The FBI and the DOJ are still abusing their authority, spying on Trump, violating atty client priveledge and proving themselves to be corrupt and no longer credible.

Tump deserves that and much, much more being corrupt, a pathological liar etc.. Justice might be served and Trump and his gang will pay for their sleezy dealings. Most Americans are not that dim to approve of his/their ways and will demand justice sooner or later, hopefully [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.expatforum.com/expats/images/smilies/animated/clap2.gif[/IMG] [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.expatforum.com/expats/images/smilies/animated/tongue.gif[/IMG]

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyMole (Post 14591104)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorro2017 (Post 14590014)
The FBI raids the office of Trump's lawyer, a tape from that raid is given to CNN. The FBI and the DOJ are still abusing their authority, spying on Trump, violating atty client priveledge and proving themselves to be corrupt and no longer credible.

You've got your lines down pat, and your marching orders memorized. No matter how damning the results of Mueller's investigation prove to be, it's all "Fake News", concocted by a coalition of:
--- sour-grapes Democrats who just can't accept that the American people chose Trump, and
--- the scary "Deep State".
It's entertaining watching Trump and his apologists squirm. First, they denied ever having anything to do with any Russians. Then, when news broke of the June/16 meeting at Trump Tower, establishing, at the very least, an attempt to collude, the line became "But nothing came of that meeting....it was a nothing" and, if pressed, "Collusion's not against the law". Maybe not, but providing aid and comfort to the enemy certainly is: it's called treason.
They first denied or poo-pooed warnings of Russian attempts to influence the election results. Then, when the evidence became overwhelming, the line became "But we know they didn't actually influence anyone's vote." No? Their man won, and not because a majority of voters chose Trump: more than 3 million more Americans voted against Trump as voted for him. No, Trump won because the Russian interference largely targeted some 20 odd states where Trump was able to pick up enough Electoral College votes to win. The Russians weren't stupid; they very clearly were able to direct their money and their efforts much more efficiently than even the Democrats. The Democrats unwittingly cooperated by sabotaging Bernie's campaign in favour of a candidate who, while certainly well-qualified for the job, was unpopular and had lots of baggage.
Of course it wasn't enough that Trump won the Electoral College vote. Like some tinpot dictator, he sent his minions out to prove there were at least 3-5 million illegal votes cast, and that there was massive voter fraud. How'd that go?
It doesn't take a detective to figure this out. Putin has "kompromat" on Trump and/or his immediate family or closest business partners. That, or it may have been as simple as "we'll help you win the election and you'll relax sanctions and stop getting in the way of our business in Ukraine".
The problem will be proving it all. Trump and his cohorts have spent their entire lives using the law and the courts to cover their sleazy activities. It will be entirely fitting to have Trump brought down by those same laws and courts. Live by the sword, die by the sword.
Now let's all bow our heads and say a small prayer for Robert Mueller. God grant him the strength to persevere.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mueller-i...190727266.html "But will Congress impeach Trump?
Certainly not as long as it’s under Republican control. You can’t even find many Republican members of Congress willing to say they’d impeach Trump if he pardoned himself. Democrats, too, have been wary of talking too much about impeaching Trump. Ultimately the makeup of Congress after the midterm election and the timing of the Mueller report ― if he issues one ― will be pretty crucial to how this all ends.

So public opinion is pretty important, huh? These Republican attacks on Mueller and Rosenstein and the FBI are starting to make a lot more sense.
Exactly. Giuliani sort of gave away the game during an appearance on CNN in late May, explaining that, while he and Trump supporters had been attacking the special counsel and the Russia investigation, the goal of convincing Americans to “question the legitimacy” of the probe was part of a public relations strategy to protect the president."

lagoloo 29th July 2018 12:36 PM

I think that people with any common sense at all are getting a sense of sleaze radiating from the top that can't be denied. Let's see what happens after November.

I also hope the Dems have sense enough to eliminate from 2020 consideration anyone who is too far to the Left or over 70 years of age. I don't think either would prove a winner. Americans are too hooked on reality shows and will go for a middle of the road candidate with a lot of showmanship: a Kennedy type. In addition, my bet is that by the time for that election, the economic mistakes that have been made will result in a deep recession. The public will be looking for a "savior", not "more of the same".
Why a recession? Check out history and note that no good comes of trade wars.

Zorro2017 29th July 2018 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanMexicali (Post 14590206)
The government investigated her for years. She was clean - zero charges. Trump and several Republicans and some of their staff are under investigation. Several already were found guilty of severe crimes - more to come. Don't compare this now very corrupt Republican Executive administration to anything before because you are simply blowing wind. We know there will be more guilty parties indicted and convicted - all Republicans. Trump might be included

"The government" including the FBI and the DOJ has proven itself to be corrupt and covering up Hillary's crimes but they will come out. The more they investigate Trump the more dirt comes out on themselves. Meanwhile people such as yourself are suffering from the hysteria known as "Trump Derangement Syndrome"
Report: US Therapists See Increase in Patients With 'Trump Anxiety Disorder' | Fox News Insider

lagoloo 29th July 2018 06:49 PM

As usual, consider the source: Fox News Insider.

perropedorro 29th July 2018 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorro2017 (Post 14591606)
Meanwhile people such as yourself are suffering from the hysteria known as "Trump Derangement Syndrome"
Report: US Therapists See Increase in Patients With 'Trump Anxiety Disorder' | Fox News Insider

Doubtful that you bother to read the links you post, but rather just pick out bits that support your specious argument. That's understandable because Trump never reads anything, and FNC isn't very keen on journalism. But thinking folks actually have a cr*p detector and don't gulp down a Trump tweet or an FNC story at face value because that cr*p detector invariably sounds the alarm. I do read the article and follow links to the source. In this case Fox cherry-picked a few lines from the more legitimate CBC (for cover), that links to a Yale study which you never bothered to look at. It starts off with the caveat
Quote:

'Trump Anxiety Disorder' may not be an official diagnosis, but therapists know the symptoms
. BTW, mental health professionals have made quite a few observations about Trump himself, but we can get to that later.
Quote:

Trump and his supporters, for their part, have their own term for a malady they see as afflicting only reactionary, anti-Trump progressives: "Trump Derangement Syndrome."
The source also points out that Trump supporters suffer from Trump Anxiety, or as you say, derangement.
Quote:

Jaime Gale, a Trump supporter in Avon Lake, Ohio, often shares her anxiety over politics with her therapist.... Now I'm scared of getting pounced on by somebody who doesn't like me because of Trump, just online."
The internet marketing consultant, who has been diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder and bipolar disorder, backs the president as a champion of border security and a strong steward of the economy.
But the at-times abusive attacks on Trump's leadership from liberals are hurtful and can make her blood boil.
Well, seems the lady has some issues, and I hope her therapy goes well.
It's a good article, Zorro, and thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'd again suggest you read your sources before you post them. It's good a preventative measure against getting hoisted on your own petard.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.