Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad

Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad (https://www.expatforum.com/expats/)
-   Italy Expat Forum for Expats Living in Italy (https://www.expatforum.com/expats/italy-expat-forum-expats-living-italy/)
-   -   Autism Support in Italy (https://www.expatforum.com/expats/italy-expat-forum-expats-living-italy/29556-autism-support-italy.html)

FabCakeLady 17th September 2009 10:38 PM

Autism Support in Italy
 
We will be relocating to Rome in the new year. We have an autistic son (ASD/Aspergers) and I am wondering how autism is viewed in Italy and whether there are any support groups etc etc. Can anyone share their experience of a move to Italy with an autistic child? Thanks!

mamachka 5th October 2009 04:05 PM

I hope you get an answer to this...the though of this move for you must be challenging and nervewracking without these answers!

Blessings!

FabCakeLady 5th October 2009 08:53 PM

Thank you for your thoughts! I have not had any replies to my post. But we have always felt quite alone when it comes to my son!

I am a little anxious about the move! The company my husband works for is pulling out of the Midlands in the UK and so we have to move. But at least he has his job! Although I have been lucky enough to travel lots throughout my life I have never been to Italy! It is a fabulous opportunity even if very daunting!

Wishing you all the best too.

mamachka 6th October 2009 02:27 PM

OK so I tried to send you a pm (private message) and it looked like it went through, but my inbox said that I have sent o messages...but I could see my messages to you when I click on your name, so I guess my posts came out on your public page? I deleted them.

Anyone here know how to send a pm?

Suenneil 6th October 2009 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamachka (Post 193820)
OK so I tried to send you a pm (private message) and it looked like it went through, but my inbox said that I have sent o messages...but I could see my messages to you when I click on your name, so I guess my posts came out on your public page? I deleted them.

Anyone here know how to send a pm?

:) for some reason "sent" message take ages to register in the "sent items" it should have gone through ok.

Just going back to the original post I did find a website for the Autism Society in Italy - but it is written in Italian of course ;) so unsure if this is of any use to you ??

Sue :plane:

mamachka 6th October 2009 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suenneil (Post 193853)
:) for some reason "sent" message take ages to register in the "sent items" it should have gone through ok.

Just going back to the original post I did find a website for the Autism Society in Italy - but it is written in Italian of course ;) so unsure if this is of any use to you ??

Sue :plane:

Hi Sue,

But when I click on her "view public page" I am (was...I deleted it) seeing my post to her. Which I really didn't want out in the open.

Now I do not see any symbol for a private message, so I am thinking they are all public. Is that true?


On another note...I like your "chatty" signature! :)

Suenneil 7th October 2009 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamachka (Post 193950)
Hi Sue,

But when I click on her "view public page" I am (was...I deleted it) seeing my post to her. Which I really didn't want out in the open.

Now I do not see any symbol for a private message, so I am thinking they are all public. Is that true?


On another note...I like your "chatty" signature! :)

Hiya :)

OK you can only send private messages after making a certain number of posts (5 I think!) .... so if the person you are trying to send the PM to hasnt made enough posts they wont be able to accept PMs either. Provided both of you have made the required number of posts on the forum you will have the facility to use the Private Message system .... it will show up as an option then.

Hope that makes sense :confused::confused: Im having a bad start to my day lol so my brain is a little bit off !!

Thanks for the compliment by the way .... :D Sue

jojo 7th October 2009 10:02 AM

41 Attachment(s)
hold on, I think you have to change something on your profile to enable your account to show sent messages. They go to the recipient alright, but you dont get to keep a copy???? If thats the problem have a root around and so will i and let you know

Jo xxx

jojo 7th October 2009 10:04 AM

41 Attachment(s)
.... back to your question. If I were you, I think I'd phone one of the international/British schools in the area you're looking at (have a google) and ask them if they have any info. They may not be able to help you directly, but they may know about how things work over there???

Jo xx

FabianVH 20th April 2010 03:03 AM

Help with Autism in Italy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FabCakeLady (Post 187148)
We will be relocating to Rome in the new year. We have an autistic son (ASD/Aspergers) and I am wondering how autism is viewed in Italy and whether there are any support groups etc etc. Can anyone share their experience of a move to Italy with an autistic child? Thanks!

Hi. I am wondering how you are going with support for your Autistic son in Italy? I also will be relocating to Italy in about 8 months and our 5 yo son also has been diagnosed with Autism. I am in two minds as here in Australia the government has granted funding to families with Autistic Child for early intervention, which has helped tremendously. Donít think the Italian Gov has a similar scheme. Please let me know what your experience was. Also if there is any one else out there in Italy that can shed so light on the subject I will appreciate it.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.