EU:Blue Card - Page 2

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Europe > Germany Expat Forum for Expats Living in Germany

Germany Expat Forum for Expats Living in Germany Have you made Germany your new home? Are you thinking about making Germany your new country of residence? If you want meet like minded Expats living in Germany then you have come to the right place.

Like Tree3Likes

EU:Blue Card - Page 2


Reply
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 16th February 2016, 06:51 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 3
Rep Power: 0
dkzzzz is on a distinguished road

Default Salaries or soft-slavery EU way

LH1004 May 25 8.24


Do not expect to be paid the same as locals in EU. You will be working for minimum allowed wage, which is around 37,000Eur /year. The employees next to you will be making double your salary because they are whiter than you. Even in USA where H1B is an ongoing scam they don't rip off migrant workers like they do in good old Europe. Demand equal treatment!!!

Considering that cost of living in Western Europe is relatively high and taxes are ridiculously high: you will be living like a poor person while your employer will be getting rich by mercilessly exploiting you due to lack of proper regulations or their enforcement in Europe.

You know why Europeans do not trust each other? Because they steal from each other and never get any punishment for that. The laws are soft and police is non-existent. Europeans try to take advantage of each other all the time. Now that they have internet nothing will stop a Euro thief.

You have to learn their useless local languages or else! Majority of Europeans don't speak any other language, but their mother's tongue. They like to boast about their education, but judging by English language proficiency they have nothing to be proud of. Remember Europe ends in Germany, if you have ever visited or read about Scandinavia do not assume that it is representative of the rest of EU. It is not! Southern and Central Europe are tribal, small-minded communities isolated from each other by prejudices and language.

Scandinavia is what people think when they speak highly of Europe, however Europe in essence is Belgium; small-minded like Dutch, disheveled like Wallonians.


Last edited by dkzzzz; 16th February 2016 at 06:58 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 17th February 2016, 09:07 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: France
Posts: 142
Rep Power: 0
g_n_a is on a distinguished road
17 likes received
7 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in france.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkzzzz View Post
LH1004 May 25 8.24


Do not expect to be paid the same as locals in EU. You will be working for minimum allowed wage, which is around 37,000Eur /year. The employees next to you will be making double your salary because they are whiter than you. Even in USA where H1B is an ongoing scam they don't rip off migrant workers like they do in good old Europe. Demand equal treatment!!!

Considering that cost of living in Western Europe is relatively high and taxes are ridiculously high: you will be living like a poor person while your employer will be getting rich by mercilessly exploiting you due to lack of proper regulations or their enforcement in Europe.

You know why Europeans do not trust each other? Because they steal from each other and never get any punishment for that. The laws are soft and police is non-existent. Europeans try to take advantage of each other all the time. Now that they have internet nothing will stop a Euro thief.

You have to learn their useless local languages or else! Majority of Europeans don't speak any other language, but their mother's tongue. They like to boast about their education, but judging by English language proficiency they have nothing to be proud of. Remember Europe ends in Germany, if you have ever visited or read about Scandinavia do not assume that it is representative of the rest of EU. It is not! Southern and Central Europe are tribal, small-minded communities isolated from each other by prejudices and language.

Scandinavia is what people think when they speak highly of Europe, however Europe in essence is Belgium; small-minded like Dutch, disheveled like Wallonians.
I haven't read so much poppycock in all my life. Do you even know where Europe is on the map of the World?

Please don't troll the forums.


Last edited by g_n_a; 17th February 2016 at 09:11 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 17th February 2016, 09:09 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: France
Posts: 142
Rep Power: 0
g_n_a is on a distinguished road
17 likes received
7 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in france.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepkhaira View Post
After you get the job, based on salary offered and university degree you hold you can apply for blue card or work permit.

It is your employer who has to arrange your work permit and Blue Card. You don't have to apply for it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 17th February 2016, 10:59 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 3
Rep Power: 0
dkzzzz is on a distinguished road

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_n_a View Post
I haven't read so much poppycock in all my life. Do you even know where Europe is on the map of the World?

Please don't troll the forums.
I was born in Europe and lived 19 years in US before returning to EU 3 years ago. I am the white employee making double of my immigrant co-workers at this moment, while working for one of the largest Corps in the World.

P.S. Who says "Poppycock" anymore?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 17th February 2016, 12:27 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: France
Posts: 142
Rep Power: 0
g_n_a is on a distinguished road
17 likes received
7 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in france.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkzzzz View Post
LH1004 May 25 8.24


Do not expect to be paid the same as locals in EU. You will be working for minimum allowed wage, which is around 37,000Eur /year. The employees next to you will be making double your salary because they are whiter than you. Even in USA where H1B is an ongoing scam they don't rip off migrant workers like they do in good old Europe. Demand equal treatment!!!

.
First off, nowhere in Europe is 37,000 Euros/year the minimum allowed wage. The real Europe, that is.

The minimum allowed wage varies between 1900 Euros per month (in Luxembourg) and 187 Euros per month (In Bulgaria). Even the number for Luxembourg is way less than the 37000 Euros you have imagined.

Eurostat - Tables, Graphs and Maps Interface (TGM) table

And for your information, I am not white, have been working in the EU for the past 19 years, and have never earned less than my white collegaues for doing the same job. In fact, in some jobs that I had, I was actually earning MORE than them as I was paying LESS taxes as an expatriate. I've heard the same from other colored people.


So if your 'World's largest corporation' is paying White employees more than the coloured immigrant ones, it is surely not in Europe or would have had its managers hauled off to jail for breaking EU regulations a long time ago.

You probably work in the middle east. What you say is quite prevalent there.


Last edited by g_n_a; 17th February 2016 at 12:33 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 7th August 2016, 12:13 PM
ISJ ISJ is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Maldives
Posts: 1
Rep Power: 0
ISJ is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from maldives. Users Flag! Expat in italy.
Default

Dear All

Please let me know, can start up a business(company) after getting a contracted Blue card in Italy..?

will there be a issue for the Visa status ...?

R

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 8th August 2016, 11:34 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Berlin
Posts: 1,514
Rep Power: 277
ALKB has a reputation beyond reputeALKB has a reputation beyond reputeALKB has a reputation beyond reputeALKB has a reputation beyond reputeALKB has a reputation beyond reputeALKB has a reputation beyond reputeALKB has a reputation beyond reputeALKB has a reputation beyond reputeALKB has a reputation beyond reputeALKB has a reputation beyond reputeALKB has a reputation beyond repute
287 likes received
150 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from germany. Users Flag! Expat in germany.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISJ View Post
Dear All

Please let me know, can start up a business(company) after getting a contracted Blue card in Italy..?

will there be a issue for the Visa status ...?

R
A business in Germany? No. Your Italian BlueCard would be limited to a specific job in Italy.

Whether you'd be allowed to start a business in Italy while working your BlueCard job would be an Italy specific question, but I personally doubt it.

__________________
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice. Check here for professional help: https://www.gov.uk/government/organi...s-commissioner

I have disabled my DM function. I have been unwell and can't guarantee to be able to respond in a timely manner. Please post questions to the forums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 11th January 2019, 09:09 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 13
Rep Power: 0
FrenchSettled is on a distinguished road
1 likes received
5 likes given

Default

Anyone with experience of working with the EU Blue card for up to or more than 3 years?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 11th January 2019, 09:19 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 13
Rep Power: 0
FrenchSettled is on a distinguished road
1 likes received
5 likes given

Default

I read this about the EU Blue card

Amongst many exceptional advantages gained by becoming an EU Blue Card holder, presented below you may find an overview of the key beneficial components:

Equal work and salary conditions to national citizens,
Free movement throughout EU,
Social rights, including education, economic, cultural, human, health rights,
Family reunification and
Permanent-residency rights.

All benefits except for housing, loans and grants are provided to the EU Blue Card holders.

EU Blue Card holders are allowed to go back to their home countries or other non-EU states for a maximum of 12 consecutive months without losing the EU Blue Card ownership.

You can apply for the permanent residency permit after 33 months of working in the first hosting state, or 21 months if B1 language level knowledge is achieved.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 11th January 2019, 08:30 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,404
Rep Power: 0
Nononymous is on a distinguished road
446 likes received
10 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from canada. Users Flag! Expat in canada.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkzzzz View Post
Scandinavia is what people think when they speak highly of Europe, however Europe in essence is Belgium; small-minded like Dutch, disheveled like Wallonians.
That is completely fabulous. I will use it regularly.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Tags
eu blue card, jobs, mechanical

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
European blue card bluechip France Expat Forum for Expats Living in France 8 8th May 2012 09:38 PM
blue card bill approved in the General Assembly bluechip France Expat Forum for Expats Living in France 0 18th October 2011 03:49 PM
European Blue Card ash123 Greece Expat Forum for Expats Living in Greece 2 19th May 2011 07:13 PM
E.U. Blue Card ash123 Greece Expat Forum for Expats Living in Greece 0 11th May 2011 12:59 PM
Carpenter Blue Card??? Bluecookie Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 2 20th October 2008 10:15 AM

FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.