Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad

Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad (https://www.expatforum.com/expats/)
-   Dubai Expat Forum for Expats Living in Dubai (https://www.expatforum.com/expats/dubai-expat-forum-expats-living-dubai/)
-   -   Ultimate guide to renting an apartment in Dubai (https://www.expatforum.com/expats/dubai-expat-forum-expats-living-dubai/89034-ultimate-guide-renting-apartment-dubai.html)

Roadworrier 2nd August 2012 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter (Post 858403)
Thanks for that schematic! How far is all of this from the Abu Dhabi airport? I will be working there and I don't want to drive 30-4- mins one way to and from work. I won't be making a lot of money as I have seen people will be but I would like to at least live somewhere nice. What are the price ranges throughout the whole Marina area? No, no....just a one beedroom or possibly (depending on the overall size) a studio place. I'm pretty easy going until it come to my living space.:cool:

I'm currently staying in a hotel at JBR for a week while searching out some housing, and driving to Abu Dhabi. It's an hour to the AD airport and about 1:15 into the city with Ramadan traffic. I suspect wwhen one single accident happens (fog has beeen known to cause 200-car pile ups at least twice in recent years) and those times go up, so be prepared.

Narender 2nd August 2012 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m1key (Post 858153)
Some parts of the Marina are pretty close to the beach. Others are a bit of a hike. This will be useful for you

This is so helpful! thanks so much:)

m1key 2nd August 2012 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narender (Post 858554)
This is so helpful! thanks so much:)

No problem. It doesn't have every building on it, but it helps get your bearings. If you use Google Maps a few of the buildings are on there that aren't named on the plan. You can add a few in yourself that way.

m1key 2nd August 2012 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter (Post 858403)
Thanks for that schematic! How far is all of this from the Abu Dhabi airport? I will be working there and I don't want to drive 30-4- mins one way to and from work. I won't be making a lot of money as I have seen people will be but I would like to at least live somewhere nice. What are the price ranges throughout the whole Marina area? No, no....just a one beedroom or possibly (depending on the overall size) a studio place. I'm pretty easy going until it come to my living space.:cool:

Roadworrier has answered the AD part. For pricing it varies a lot between buildings, as the quality and sizes vary a lot. You can get a reasonable idea on Dubizzle for prices. There is quite a bit of construction in some areas, which if you don't mind means you can get more for your money. JLT (Jumeirah Lake Towers) is just the other side of SZR (Sheikh Zayed Road) and has foot bridges across to the marina. You'll generally get more for your money there, so could be an option if the budget is tight. Traffic can be bad in places, so check out areas well before committing.

XDoodlebugger 2nd August 2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosy83 (Post 858391)

Also what is 'The Torch', where is that located, is it any good?

thanks

The map someone just gave a link to has the Torch slightly mis-labeled but close. It's on the far north side (right side of the map), nearly on the Marina.

Easy access to Sheik Zayed road, easy walk to Marina Walk, a decent building, I like it.

A few pictures:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0278031&type=3

M3red 3rd August 2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XDoodle****** (Post 858699)
The map someone just gave a link to has the Torch slightly mis-labeled but close. It's on the far north side (right side of the map), nearly on the Marina.

Easy access to Sheik Zayed road, easy walk to Marina Walk, a decent building, I like it.

A few pictures:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0278031&type=3

how much is a place like that one?

XDoodlebugger 3rd August 2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M3red (Post 859633)
how much is a place like that one?

Two bedroom with the best view AED120,000, I know someone with a nice (but not as nice) view that is paying AED90,000 for 2 bedrooms.

M3red 3rd August 2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XDoodle****** (Post 859646)
Two bedroom with the best view AED120,000, I know someone with a nice (but not as nice) view that is paying AED90,000 for 2 bedrooms.

awesome, probably will be October before I arrive so will definitely look there. Fingers crossed my offer (due early next week meets my expectations!).

Thanks mate

XDoodlebugger 5th August 2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M3red (Post 859651)
awesome, probably will be October before I arrive so will definitely look there. Fingers crossed my offer (due early next week meets my expectations!).

Thanks mate

Good luck!

rosy83 9th August 2012 09:55 AM

Hi Guys
throughout the forum it describes negotiating price of apartments down by paying in fewer cheques
But can I just ask something (perhaps silly)

Regardless of whether I pay in 4 cheques or 2 or 1 am I not still liable for 1 year's rent?
Or is it that if I pay for 3 months i can leave on the 4th or pay 1 cheque for 6 months and then move out

Because then it comes down to just how much up front out of pocket money I have to hand over in 1 cheque. I mean prepaying is only a problem if you won't get to use the whole term and its non refundable

Frankly handing over a years rent is a BIG ASK! That could be nearly £24,000!!!

Does it really really make them knock off 10-15k? Like would a 2bed 120k turn into a 100k? Appreciate its a case by case thing.

Also, what 'cheque' do they accept? Can I pay with a UK bank account cheque or do I need to transfer funds from a UK account to a UAE account and then write a cheque out of that 1?

Thanks for all the help, sorry for such a looooong list of questions

R


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.