Anyone moving to Dubai Silicon Oasis to work in the new Gems school? - Page 5

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Middle East & Africa > Dubai Expat Forum for Expats Living in Dubai

Dubai Expat Forum for Expats Living in Dubai Have you made Dubai your new home? Are you thinking about moving to Dubai? If you want meet like minded Expats living in Dubai then you have come to the right place. Join the Dubai Expat Forum and discuss food, meet friends, talk property in Dubai, finances, jobs and much much more.

Like Tree19Likes

Anyone moving to Dubai Silicon Oasis to work in the new Gems school? - Page 5


Reply
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #41 (permalink)  
Old 27th July 2011, 08:54 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: manchester
Posts: 10
Rep Power: 0
becky88 is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in uae.
Default

Hi I have just been offered a job as Year 1 teacher at the new school! I am 22, very excited yet scared as to it all. I will be flying from manchester, alone, does anyone have facebook so we could message on there?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #42 (permalink)  
Old 27th July 2011, 09:26 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 16
Rep Power: 0
Miss P is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from scotland. Users Flag! Expat in uae.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky88 View Post
Hi I have just been offered a job as Year 1 teacher at the new school! I am 22, very excited yet scared as to it all. I will be flying from manchester, alone, does anyone have facebook so we could message on there?
hi becky, i think im the only one going from scotland!
im really excited but scared as well!
how long have you been teaching?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #43 (permalink)  
Old 27th July 2011, 09:38 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: manchester
Posts: 10
Rep Power: 0
becky88 is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in uae.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss P View Post
hi becky, i think im the only one going from scotland!
im really excited but scared as well!
how long have you been teaching?
Hi! Well I have just graduated so this will be my first teaching job! How about you? Do you know where abouts our accommodation is? Will you be travelling alone or you coming with a partner? so many questions and I cant believe its 3 weeks until we go! eek, very scary! x

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #44 (permalink)  
Old 27th July 2011, 09:40 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 16
Rep Power: 0
Miss P is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from scotland. Users Flag! Expat in uae.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky88 View Post
Hi! Well I have just graduated so this will be my first teaching job! How about you? Do you know where abouts our accommodation is? Will you be travelling alone or you coming with a partner? so many questions and I cant believe its 3 weeks until we go! eek, very scary! x
im coming on my own as well! lol no partner, im 26 iev only been teaching for a year, our accomidation is in business bay its really nice i used to live ther 3 years ago so much to do!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #45 (permalink)  
Old 27th July 2011, 09:42 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: manchester
Posts: 10
Rep Power: 0
becky88 is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in uae.
Default

ok well me too! least you know your way around! u might have to show me around!!! do you know what year you are teaching?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #46 (permalink)  
Old 27th July 2011, 11:20 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: London
Posts: 51
Rep Power: 0
chubunga is on a distinguished road
4 likes received
1 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in uae.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky88 View Post
ok well me too! least you know your way around! u might have to show me around!!! do you know what year you are teaching?
Hey Becky - I'm flying out from Manchester too! So you won't be totally alone My husband's coming too...I teach music, he teaches P.E. It's so exciting!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #47 (permalink)  
Old 27th July 2011, 11:25 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: manchester
Posts: 10
Rep Power: 0
becky88 is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in uae.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubunga View Post
Hey Becky - I'm flying out from Manchester too! So you won't be totally alone My husband's coming too...I teach music, he teaches P.E. It's so exciting!
Few that makes me feel so much better. I went to South Africa to teach for 8 weeks last Summer but thats all I've ever done away from home! I have only just graduated so this really is a massive step! everything looks and sounds perfect though, and I can't wait now! I dont know where to begin! I'll have to wear a name label at the airport so u can find me
Are you teaching in the Primary or Secondary? x

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #48 (permalink)  
Old 27th July 2011, 11:28 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: London
Posts: 51
Rep Power: 0
chubunga is on a distinguished road
4 likes received
1 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in uae.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky88 View Post
Few that makes me feel so much better. I went to South Africa to teach for 8 weeks last Summer but thats all I've ever done away from home! I have only just graduated so this really is a massive step! everything looks and sounds perfect though, and I can't wait now! I dont know where to begin! I'll have to wear a name label at the airport so u can find me
Are you teaching in the Primary or Secondary? x
I'll be teaching both primary & secondary - I think I'm the only music teacher in the whole school so I'll be teaching all the music lessons! What about you?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #49 (permalink)  
Old 27th July 2011, 11:31 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: manchester
Posts: 10
Rep Power: 0
becky88 is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in uae.
Default

I am teaching Year 1! so excited, you will be all over then have you applied for visa's or anything yet?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #50 (permalink)  
Old 27th July 2011, 11:35 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 16
Rep Power: 0
Miss P is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from scotland. Users Flag! Expat in uae.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss P View Post
im coming on my own as well! lol no partner, im 26 iev only been teaching for a year, our accomidation is in business bay its really nice i used to live ther 3 years ago so much to do!!
im gona be teaching year 4, its all changed in the last few years the business bay bit so cant wait to explore!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone working/living in Dubai Silicon Oasis? chubunga Dubai Expat Forum for Expats Living in Dubai 28 24th April 2011 04:43 PM
Need urgent advice; travel time school run from Silicon Oasis to Um Suqeim Melvers Dubai Expat Forum for Expats Living in Dubai 6 6th April 2011 04:53 PM
daycare at dubai silicon oasis rakheeram Dubai Expat Forum for Expats Living in Dubai 6 1st October 2010 12:06 PM
Moving to Cedre Villas (Silicon Oasis) Helly Helly Dubai Expat Forum for Expats Living in Dubai 2 22nd June 2010 07:16 PM
Silicon Oasis? Where else? roamer Dubai Expat Forum for Expats Living in Dubai 0 29th May 2007 01:25 PM

FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.