Bringing dog from UK to Cyprus - Page 2

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Europe > Cyprus Expat Forum for Expats Living in Cyprus

Cyprus Expat Forum for Expats Living in Cyprus Welcome to the Cyprus Expat forum. A new place to meet other expats now living in Cyprus. Join in to discuss anything from buying property in Cyprus to which schools are good in Cyprus.

Bringing dog from UK to Cyprus - Page 2


Closed Thread
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 22nd September 2009, 10:54 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Peyia
Posts: 9
Rep Power: 0
sophia1965 is on a distinguished road
6 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in cyprus.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammy123 View Post
Just thought I would let people know the experience I had bringing my dog, Tammy from the UK to Cyprus a couple of days ago.

We bought the Airline approved dog cage from Doghealth.co.uk, who we found to be the cheapest, it cost us 79.99 for the size we needed. We bought the cage a couple of months before she was due to travel, to get her used to being in it. We used it as her bed!

She came with Thomson airlines into Paphos airport from Manchester which cost 609.00, she was unaccompanied and my sons took her to Manchester airport.

The cost of the vets fees in the UK came to 226.00 that included everything for the Pet Passport, rabies jab, flea and tick treatment, checking she was alright to travel prior to flight.

When she arrived at Paphos airport I had to pay 21.61 euro handling fee.

That was it, no extra charges for vets etc at the airport as I had been led to believe? I just had to go to arrivals at the airport get a visitors pass to let me into arrivals, signed a couple of forms which took about 10 mins then we could take her, very quick!

She seems none the worst for her journey, she is 12 years old! She needed a bath this morning though after being in the crate for 7 hours yesterday!

Hope that helps anyone thinking of bringing their dog over.

Hi

hope you are well. I'm having problems arranging travel for my pet does anyone have the telephone number or email address please?

many thanks

Quick reply to this message
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 22nd September 2009, 11:07 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vilamarxant
Posts: 124
Rep Power: 0
tammy123 is on a distinguished road
6 likes received
3 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in uk.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophia1965 View Post
Hi

hope you are well. I'm having problems arranging travel for my pet does anyone have the telephone number or email address please?

many thanks
Hi

My son dealt with Lin Cawthorne when we booked the flight with Thomson Airlines. Her email is [email protected]

Regards

Quick reply to this message
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 22nd September 2009, 11:25 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Peyia
Posts: 9
Rep Power: 0
sophia1965 is on a distinguished road
6 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in cyprus.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammy123 View Post
Hi

My son dealt with Lin Cawthorne when we booked the flight with Thomson Airlines. Her email is [email protected]

Regards

Thank you...for very quick response, i emailed her straight away and she got in touch within minutes, so we just spoke...i've had a quote which is brilliant at 380 as she's only little, i'm so chuffed.

love & best wishes

sophie

Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 6th October 2009, 12:52 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 19
Rep Power: 0
pkb1 is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in cyprus.
Default

only just caught up with this thread, what a hourendous amount of money to pay!
we traveled Cyprus airways with 5 show dogs [ 3 beagles 2 american cockers] form Gatwick
from the start of their journey to the end [ with one comfort stop just before the airport] they were crated for 10 hours...........the airline could not have been more kind to them, i made sure each box had the dogs name on so they could talk to them, they were treated like VIP's the staff made sure they were inside and away from draughts, they topped up their water just before they made the journey from cargo to the airport, [ thats when we left] we watched them being loaded from the apron into the plane just before we were called to our gate, they were really gentle moving the crates too.
at the Paphos end [ at just gone midnight] i went to customs office whilst staff unloaded the dogs and bought them all to me on seperate trolleys with a member of staff for each dog, it cost 15 euros per dog at customs, we were out before our baggage came through, the whole taxi rank was deserted as all the drivers were over making a fuss of the dogs as we got them out.They were fine and not in the least stressed and all still had water in their bowls.
they loaded easily into the hired van for the lastleg of their journey to their new home.
the total cost was 1600 euros, including boxes, passports and flights. that was for all 5 dogs!.....worth every penny to see them so happy at the other end
Pauline

Quick reply to this message
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 6th October 2009, 04:20 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Archimandrita, Paphos
Posts: 1,197
Rep Power: 320
Geraldine has a reputation beyond reputeGeraldine has a reputation beyond reputeGeraldine has a reputation beyond reputeGeraldine has a reputation beyond reputeGeraldine has a reputation beyond reputeGeraldine has a reputation beyond reputeGeraldine has a reputation beyond reputeGeraldine has a reputation beyond reputeGeraldine has a reputation beyond reputeGeraldine has a reputation beyond reputeGeraldine has a reputation beyond repute
301 likes received
170 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in cyprus.
Default

Hi Pauline,

Glad your pets arrived ok, did you fly Thomson from Gatwick? Perhaps air fare to Paphos is cheaper from Manchester.

I had quote from another cargo carrier and it was dearer than the Thomson one.

Regards,
Geraldine

Quick reply to this message
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 15th January 2010, 09:19 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 20
Rep Power: 0
angeletta50 is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Expat in cyprus.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammy123 View Post
Just thought I would let people know the experience I had bringing my dog, Tammy from the UK to Cyprus a couple of days ago.

We bought the Airline approved dog cage from Doghealth.co.uk, who we found to be the cheapest, it cost us 79.99 for the size we needed. We bought the cage a couple of months before she was due to travel, to get her used to being in it. We used it as her bed!

She came with Thomson airlines into Paphos airport from Manchester which cost 609.00, she was unaccompanied and my sons took her to Manchester airport.

The cost of the vets fees in the UK came to 226.00 that included everything for the Pet Passport, rabies jab, flea and tick treatment, checking she was alright to travel prior to flight.

When she arrived at Paphos airport I had to pay 21.61 euro handling fee.

That was it, no extra charges for vets etc at the airport as I had been led to believe? I just had to go to arrivals at the airport get a visitors pass to let me into arrivals, signed a couple of forms which took about 10 mins then we could take her, very quick!

She seems none the worst for her journey, she is 12 years old! She needed a bath this morning though after being in the crate for 7 hours yesterday!

Hope that helps anyone thinking of bringing their dog over.
Hello, your post was very interesting as we want to bring our terrier, Rosie with us to Paphos for the six winter months each year and the cost you mentioned seemed reasonable. Could you tell me how you arranged the transport, did you book it yourself and if so with whom, if not could you tell me which company you arranged it through. Many thanks. Gina A

Quick reply to this message
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 15th January 2010, 05:25 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vilamarxant
Posts: 124
Rep Power: 0
tammy123 is on a distinguished road
6 likes received
3 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in uk.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeletta50 View Post
Hello, your post was very interesting as we want to bring our terrier, Rosie with us to Paphos for the six winter months each year and the cost you mentioned seemed reasonable. Could you tell me how you arranged the transport, did you book it yourself and if so with whom, if not could you tell me which company you arranged it through. Many thanks. Gina A
If you go to: ANA Aviation A World of Cargo, Managed at the bottom the page it has Pet Travel. This is the carriers that Thompson Airways use.

Quick reply to this message
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 15th January 2010, 06:25 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 20
Rep Power: 0
angeletta50 is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Expat in cyprus.
Default Doggy transport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammy123 View Post
If you go to: ANA Aviation A World of Cargo, Managed at the bottom the page it has Pet Travel. This is the carriers that Thompson Airways use.
Went to their site and the info is really good, many thanks for the link. Gina

Quick reply to this message
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 16th January 2010, 10:14 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 20
Rep Power: 0
Steve_R is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in cyprus.
Default

Hi All~
This makes me concerned for my daughters cat Ruby (white,ginger,black!! "dont ask") She is in the true sense of the word a real runt!! The vet even told us to to throw water over the bigger cats, after she was attacked.(unusal for a vet to say that) She is predominately a house cat and only ventures out of the property a couple of times a-day, to do what ever cats do!
Are there any horror stories like these for cats?? I know this post started about Dogs but Cats are pets as well, so if you do have any info it would great to hear. Never Understood people that mis-treat animals/pets
Regards
Steve
ps: Been quoted 1,500 to get her over to Paphos includes 3 weeks board here in the UK with the agent's cattery,and vet fees. Any views??

Quick reply to this message
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 16th January 2010, 10:30 AM
Jac Jac is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kent, England
Posts: 39
Rep Power: 0
Jac is on a distinguished road
3 likes received
2 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in cyprus.
Unhappy

Sorry to say but I don't think the people who lay the poison care whether it kills cats or dogs.

Sat in a restaurant in Polis a few years ago, with many stray cats and kittens all walking around, looking for food, which we didn't mind, my children were very young at the time, and we all love cats, when suddenly all the cats dropped dead right next to our table, at least 5 of them, it was absolutely awful, and I had to say to my children that they had fallen asleep.

I would never eat there again.

Everyone one who has pets out there, that I have met, are very concerned for their safety.

That is a drawback for sure.

Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bringing plants into Cyprus Toxan Cyprus Expat Forum for Expats Living in Cyprus 1 8th February 2011 01:24 PM
Bringing cash to Cyprus alison3333 Cyprus Expat Forum for Expats Living in Cyprus 0 5th August 2010 10:47 AM
Bringing a dog to Cyprus pauldmaynard Cyprus Expat Forum for Expats Living in Cyprus 1 15th July 2009 07:04 PM
Anyone bringing a container to Cyprus? Saravh Cyprus Expat Forum for Expats Living in Cyprus 1 26th April 2009 08:30 AM
Bringing a dog to Cyprus dave & jue Cyprus Expat Forum for Expats Living in Cyprus 7 10th July 2008 09:25 PM

FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.