NZ PR/EOI Help

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Australasia & the Pacific Islands > New Zealand Expat Forum for Expats Living in New Zealand > Coffee lounge : Immigration sharing ideas

Like Tree20Likes

NZ PR/EOI Help


Reply
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 20th September 2019, 08:07 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Sri Lanka
Posts: 45
Rep Power: 0
pramudith is on a distinguished road
18 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from srilanka. Users Flag! Expat in newzealand.
Default NZ PR/EOI Help

Hi friends,

I was a member of this forum an has been away for a while. Currently I'm planning to apply for PR residence in New Zealand. I'm living in Sri Lanka at present and a Sri Lankan Citizen. I heard several information that NZ is currently limiting the issuance of PR facilities for outsiders. Is this true friends?

In addition, is there someone who has migrated to NZ recently from Sri Lanka in this forum? If so, much appreciate if you could let me know because I need some information and help on proceeding with my EOI (Expression of Interest) process.

Thank you all in advance!!

Dulshan

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 20th September 2019, 07:28 PM
escapedtonz's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Te Puna, Tauranga
Posts: 4,678
Rep Power: 372
escapedtonz will become famous soon enoughescapedtonz will become famous soon enough
830 likes received
21 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in newzealand.
Default

You cannot apply for PR or Permanent Residency yet. What I assume you are referring to is Skilled Migrant Resident Visa which is not PR. A person can only apply for PR after holding a Resident Visa for a minimum period of 2 years.

NZ Immigration is not limiting approval of SMRV for overseas applicants. No matter which country you are from - if you meet the minimum EOI points, have a suitable NZ skilled job offer for at least 12 months, do provide the necessary evidences and you can prove good character and good health then your visa application will be approved.
pramudith and ruwan7 like this.

__________________
EOI submitted Jan 2010. ITA Jan 2010. ITA submitted Apr 2010. RV approved June 2011. Passports stickered and back to us Aug 2011. Secured job Dec 2011. Arrived Mar 2012. PRV Mar 2014......now eligible for citizenship but at $1175 Yeah but Nah!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 23rd September 2019, 05:46 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Sri Lanka
Posts: 45
Rep Power: 0
pramudith is on a distinguished road
18 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from srilanka. Users Flag! Expat in newzealand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapedtonz View Post
You cannot apply for PR or Permanent Residency yet. What I assume you are referring to is Skilled Migrant Resident Visa which is not PR. A person can only apply for PR after holding a Resident Visa for a minimum period of 2 years.

NZ Immigration is not limiting approval of SMRV for overseas applicants. No matter which country you are from - if you meet the minimum EOI points, have a suitable NZ skilled job offer for at least 12 months, do provide the necessary evidences and you can prove good character and good health then your visa application will be approved.
Hi,

Escapedtonz,

Thanks a lot for the information. I got my NZQA assessment done in 2015 for my degree in IT and got a rating of 7. Later, I had some family situations and my immigration process got delayed. Now I have restarted the process and checked with NZQA and realized that the assessments do not have an expiry date, whcih means I still can use the 2015 assessment results. However, I have completed an MBA during those years, which I hope is equivalent to a level 8 grading. What is your recommendation? Shall I proceed with the previous level 7 grading or get my MBA as well assessed by NZQA?
Another query, if I'm not bothering, I saw that the NZ immigration site states an IELTS level 7.0 or higher is required. However, in practical terms of an EOI being selected, what is the ideal IELTS score?

Thanks
Pramudith


Last edited by pramudith; 23rd September 2019 at 06:09 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 23rd September 2019, 06:16 AM
escapedtonz's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Te Puna, Tauranga
Posts: 4,678
Rep Power: 372
escapedtonz will become famous soon enoughescapedtonz will become famous soon enough
830 likes received
21 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in newzealand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramudith View Post
Hi,

Escapedtonz,

Thanks a lot for the information. I got my NZQA assessment done in 2015 for my degree in IT and got a rating of 7. Later, I had some family situations and my immigration process got delayed. Now I have restarted the process and checked with NZQA and realized that the assessments do not have an expiry date, whcih means I still can use the 2015 assessment results. However, I have completed an MBA during those years, which I hope is equivalent to a level 8 grading. What is your recommendation? Shall I proceed with the previous level 7 grading or get my MBA as well assessed by NZQA?
Another query, if I'm not bothering, I saw that the NZ immigration site states an IELTS level 6.5 or higher is required. However, in practical terms of an EOI being selected, what is the ideal IELTS score?

Thanks
Pramudith
Correct. Your NZQA assessment does not have an expiry date........well not at the moment anyways, however there's always chance INZ could change the rules if you keep delaying the application. Rules, processes and Immigration Law changes often and some people benefit where others do not.

If you have sufficient points on the EOI by just using the Bachelor Degree then there is no reason why you need to use the MBA. You will however gain more points for the MBA on its own but you cannot use the MBA to claim any additional bonus points via Absolute Skill Shortage and meeting the requirements of an occupation off the Long Term Skill Shortage List (LTSSL). To claim thos points you need a Level 7 Bachelor Degree. You can use both degrees in the application, however you will need to have the MBA assessed by NZQA if it doesn't already appear on the exemption document for your country where it was awarded.

For the EOI, you MUST score at least overall 6.5 in IELTS or you do not gain eligibility to apply. That is the minimum mandatory basic English level you need to meet. Your score doesnt have to be any higher. You don't get any points for meeting this basic requirement and the application will not be looked at any more favourably with a higher English test result.
pramudith likes this.

__________________
EOI submitted Jan 2010. ITA Jan 2010. ITA submitted Apr 2010. RV approved June 2011. Passports stickered and back to us Aug 2011. Secured job Dec 2011. Arrived Mar 2012. PRV Mar 2014......now eligible for citizenship but at $1175 Yeah but Nah!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 23rd September 2019, 08:45 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Sri Lanka
Posts: 45
Rep Power: 0
pramudith is on a distinguished road
18 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from srilanka. Users Flag! Expat in newzealand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapedtonz View Post
Correct. Your NZQA assessment does not have an expiry date........well not at the moment anyways, however there's always chance INZ could change the rules if you keep delaying the application. Rules, processes and Immigration Law changes often and some people benefit where others do not.

If you have sufficient points on the EOI by just using the Bachelor Degree then there is no reason why you need to use the MBA. You will however gain more points for the MBA on its own but you cannot use the MBA to claim any additional bonus points via Absolute Skill Shortage and meeting the requirements of an occupation off the Long Term Skill Shortage List (LTSSL). To claim thos points you need a Level 7 Bachelor Degree. You can use both degrees in the application, however you will need to have the MBA assessed by NZQA if it doesn't already appear on the exemption document for your country where it was awarded.

For the EOI, you MUST score at least overall 6.5 in IELTS or you do not gain eligibility to apply. That is the minimum mandatory basic English level you need to meet. Your score doesnt have to be any higher. You don't get any points for meeting this basic requirement and the application will not be looked at any more favourably with a higher English test result.
Hi Escapedtonz,

Thanks for the information. So, considering my situation, I need to do the following immediately I guess:

I. Re-do my and my wife's IELTS (I did IELTS in 2015 and scored overall 7.0 and think this has expired by now)

II. Get the MBA assessed by NZQA in the mean-time (Small query, as I mentioned before I got a level 7 before for my BSc. Hons in IT. However since I'm getting my MBA assessed this time, which I guess is a Level 8 (I Got the MBA from London Metropolitan University - UK, studied in Sri Lanka). Can I directly mention that I have a level 8 rating in the EOI ( Guess I will have to ignore the previous assessment results?)

III. Once IELTS results are given and the NZQA results are given, lodge the EOI ASAP.

Thanks
Pramudith

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 23rd September 2019, 10:52 PM
escapedtonz's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Te Puna, Tauranga
Posts: 4,678
Rep Power: 372
escapedtonz will become famous soon enoughescapedtonz will become famous soon enough
830 likes received
21 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in newzealand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramudith View Post
Hi Escapedtonz,

Thanks for the information. So, considering my situation, I need to do the following immediately I guess:

I. Re-do my and my wife's IELTS (I did IELTS in 2015 and scored overall 7.0 and think this has expired by now)

II. Get the MBA assessed by NZQA in the mean-time (Small query, as I mentioned before I got a level 7 before for my BSc. Hons in IT. However since I'm getting my MBA assessed this time, which I guess is a Level 8 (I Got the MBA from London Metropolitan University - UK, studied in Sri Lanka). Can I directly mention that I have a level 8 rating in the EOI ( Guess I will have to ignore the previous assessment results?)

III. Once IELTS results are given and the NZQA results are given, lodge the EOI ASAP.

Thanks
Pramudith
No problem.

I. Yes IELTS or other suitable English test results must be current.

II. If you need to have the MBA assessed as :- (a) you wish to use it in order to hopefully claim more points, and (b) it is not exempt from assessment - i.e. it does not appear on the "qualifications exempt from assessment" list for the country it was awarded, then.....
All you need to do is submit it to NZQA for formal assessment. I'd advise you to have it IQA assessed and not PAR. IQA is a much more thorough assessment and you'll also get the chance to provide all the details of the BSc degree assessment as contributing study. You can also give them details of work experience on the IQA assessment. Work experience isn't assessed by NZQA but it is highly important information for the IQA assessment of the MBA qualification.

III. Yes, if you use a qualification that needs NZQA assessment, you can only submit EOI when you have results from the assessment as otherwise you cannot claim the points as they are not guaranteed. Only submit EOI if you hvae at least 160 solid points. You should be able to provide evidence to prove every point you claim at the time of EOI submission. You cannot claim points retrospectively.....example - you cannot claim for 6 years work experience if you've only completed say 5 yrs 9 months on the date you submit the EOI.

Regards,
pramudith likes this.

__________________
EOI submitted Jan 2010. ITA Jan 2010. ITA submitted Apr 2010. RV approved June 2011. Passports stickered and back to us Aug 2011. Secured job Dec 2011. Arrived Mar 2012. PRV Mar 2014......now eligible for citizenship but at $1175 Yeah but Nah!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 24th September 2019, 01:07 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Sri Lanka
Posts: 45
Rep Power: 0
pramudith is on a distinguished road
18 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from srilanka. Users Flag! Expat in newzealand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapedtonz View Post
No problem.

I. Yes IELTS or other suitable English test results must be current.

II. If you need to have the MBA assessed as :- (a) you wish to use it in order to hopefully claim more points, and (b) it is not exempt from assessment - i.e. it does not appear on the "qualifications exempt from assessment" list for the country it was awarded, then.....
All you need to do is submit it to NZQA for formal assessment. I'd advise you to have it IQA assessed and not PAR. IQA is a much more thorough assessment and you'll also get the chance to provide all the details of the BSc degree assessment as contributing study. You can also give them details of work experience on the IQA assessment. Work experience isn't assessed by NZQA but it is highly important information for the IQA assessment of the MBA qualification.

III. Yes, if you use a qualification that needs NZQA assessment, you can only submit EOI when you have results from the assessment as otherwise you cannot claim the points as they are not guaranteed. Only submit EOI if you hvae at least 160 solid points. You should be able to provide evidence to prove every point you claim at the time of EOI submission. You cannot claim points retrospectively.....example - you cannot claim for 6 years work experience if you've only completed say 5 yrs 9 months on the date you submit the EOI.

Regards,

Hi Escapedtonz,

Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs. Yes, I will get my MBA validated as an IQA assessment via NZQA authority. In addition, guess, I will be able to claim a Level 8 IQA level hopefully and will submit the EOI only upon receiving the NZQA IQA results and IELTS results. Guess this is the best way to proceed.

In addition, I need a little favor from you. Could you kindly share the exact complete list of documents that needs to be submitted to once I receive the Invitation to Apply from the migration authority (If my EOI is selected by any chance)? I realized that I do not need to submit any document for my EOI. I went through the Operational manual as well, yet it is a bit unclear on what is the exact list of documents that I need to have in hand and how to submit i.e. upload a scanned copy to a portal or courier to some validating authority...etc.

Thanks a lot
Pramudith

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 24th September 2019, 08:59 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 47
Rep Power: 0
NZdrmz is on a distinguished road
10 likes received
5 likes given

Default

ITA Letter do contain list of documents required to be submitted. INZ may ask for specific document depending on the EOI application.

Some of the comon documents asked are:
PCC
Medical
Birth Certificate
IQA results
English language test results
Work Exp doc's

Specific Documents Example: ITP Letter, in case it is asked in ITA Letter get it from IT Professional New Zealand.
pramudith likes this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 24th September 2019, 10:45 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 9
Rep Power: 0
areddy is on a distinguished road
14 likes given

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZdrmz View Post
ITA Letter do contain list of documents required to be submitted. INZ may ask for specific document depending on the EOI application.

Some of the comon documents asked are:
PCC
Medical
Birth Certificate
IQA results
English language test results
Work Exp doc's

Specific Documents Example: ITP Letter, in case it is asked in ITA Letter get it from IT Professional New Zealand.
Would they ask for work experience documents even if we don't claim for those points.

No points claimed for Skilled work experience
No points claimed for work experience.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 25th September 2019, 03:22 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Sri Lanka
Posts: 45
Rep Power: 0
pramudith is on a distinguished road
18 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from srilanka. Users Flag! Expat in newzealand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZdrmz View Post
ITA Letter do contain list of documents required to be submitted. INZ may ask for specific document depending on the EOI application.

Some of the comon documents asked are:
PCC
Medical
Birth Certificate
IQA results
English language test results
Work Exp doc's

Specific Documents Example: ITP Letter, in case it is asked in ITA Letter get it from IT Professional New Zealand.
Hi NZdrmz,

Thanks for sharing the info. Could you kindly clarify the meaning of PCC, ITP & ITA documents?

Thanks a lot
Pramudith

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.