New Zealand SMC- Job Offer - Page 8

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Australasia & the Pacific Islands > New Zealand Expat Forum for Expats Living in New Zealand > Coffee lounge : Immigration sharing ideas

Like Tree5Likes

New Zealand SMC- Job Offer - Page 8


Reply
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #71 (permalink)  
Old 25th July 2019, 04:33 PM
escapedtonz's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Te Puna, Tauranga
Posts: 4,876
Rep Power: 399
escapedtonz will become famous soon enoughescapedtonz will become famous soon enough
873 likes received
21 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in newzealand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjad7sdi View Post
1. We apply for SMC residence visa why they offer Job Search Visa.
2. If my wife will not get the same job as we mentioned in SMC application and she gets any other job in a different field (not skilled) and secure job offer it will work to obtain a residence visa and could satisfy CO?.
3. If we request an email to CO for the visa of the whole family instead of Main Applicant is it possible CO allow us to travel with the Main applicant to NZ?
4. what is the time frame for converting JSV to RV?

Please suggest the possible way and guide us on what to do?
Please share any other aspects and points what is not in my mind now?

Thanks
1. Since 12 Oct 2016 it has not been possible for any persons to secure a Skilled Migrant Resident Visa unless:
They have a written permanent skilled job or job offer in NZ, OR
They have skilled work experience in NZ, OR
They have qualifying study experience (in an occupation area of skill shortage) in NZ.
This is irrespective that you ALSO need a minimum of 160 points on the EOI.

This is why Immigration have offered the principal applicant only a 12 month job search visa.

2. Your wife must get a written permanent skilled job offer. Doesn't necessarily have to be in the skill, experience or qualification area mentioned on the application, but it MUST be skilled otherwise it will not meet the criteria for Skilled Migrant Resident Visa.

3. You have zero chance of that happening.
You could travel to NZ with your wife but you and any children will have to apply for other visa types that will allow you to travel and allow you entry. These types of visas will be temporary so unlikely you'd be able to stay more than probably 6 months and in that time you will not be able to work. All you'd be able to do is be a tourist.

4. Still takes several months once the job search visa holder supplies Immigration with the evidence of a skilled permanent job offer. The CO will still have to carry out many checks on the employer, job offer, responsibilities, salary etc etc.

There is nothing you can do. The rules are the rules. Your only option (if you are serious about migration to NZ) is to suck it up and deal with it like many have done before you.

__________________
EOI submitted Jan 2010. ITA Jan 2010. ITA submitted Apr 2010. RV approved June 2011. Passports stickered and returned Aug 2011. Secured job Dec 2011. Arrived Mar 2012. PRV Mar 2014..........Citizenship applications submitted June 2020!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #72 (permalink)  
Old 26th July 2019, 11:29 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: karachi
Posts: 2
Rep Power: 0
sajjad7sdi is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from pakistan. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapedtonz View Post
1. Since 12 Oct 2016 it has not been possible for any persons to secure a Skilled Migrant Resident Visa unless:
They have a written permanent skilled job or job offer in NZ, OR
They have skilled work experience in NZ, OR
They have qualifying study experience (in an occupation area of skill shortage) in NZ.
This is irrespective that you ALSO need a minimum of 160 points on the EOI.

This is why Immigration have offered the principal applicant only a 12 month job search visa.

2. Your wife must get a written permanent skilled job offer. Doesn't necessarily have to be in the skill, experience or qualification area mentioned on the application, but it MUST be skilled otherwise it will not meet the criteria for Skilled Migrant Resident Visa.

3. You have zero chance of that happening.
You could travel to NZ with your wife but you and any children will have to apply for other visa types that will allow you to travel and allow you entry. These types of visas will be temporary so unlikely you'd be able to stay more than probably 6 months and in that time you will not be able to work. All you'd be able to do is be a tourist.

4. Still takes several months once the job search visa holder supplies Immigration with the evidence of a skilled permanent job offer. The CO will still have to carry out many checks on the employer, job offer, responsibilities, salary etc etc.

There is nothing you can do. The rules are the rules. Your only option (if you are serious about migration to NZ) is to suck it up and deal with it like many have done before you.


Thanks for your reply.

There are some ambiguities after your email please confirm and explain

1. My question is that if they donít give RV visa what they donít inform at the beginning of the process or not mentioned on the website? I am asking this because I have applied with family for a residence visa for a family well being and live together in NZ as we are living in a home country. Thus, INZ wastes our time and money in this process such as medical, fees, travel documents, and IELTS fees, etc.

2. For instance, my wife will go to NZ Alone and she will find some common job bellow mentioned:
1. Warehouse job, Inventory Controller or
2. Packer / Picker and Restaurant Helper
3. Other jobs Like I have seen on Trade Me and Seek are most common and salary around 19 NZ dollar.
4. I have seen in every job advertisement this Line: Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. (How my wife can get these job).

Any job whether Any job at ANZSCO list or Short Term Skill Shortage or Long Term Skill Shortage / Immediate Skill shortage at any salary slab and how much working hours in a week can help to obtain residence visa satisfy CO.

3. What are the chances of getting a visit visa for my family because me and childrenís apply separately we will face many problems like:
1. Funds showing in my wife bank account for JSV, how we arrange and maintain for my bank account to meet visit visa requirement obviously borrow money from someone and can maintain 6 months bank statement?
2. Fees of my and childrenís Visa Medical and character.
3. Tickets and travel plan for 1 month or 3 months or 6 months and visit visa extension possible in NZ.

4. Please explain detailed information shift JSV to RV.
For example, my wife will go 1st September 2019 and she will get any job offer on 5th September 2019 and on 6th September 2019 she inform CO about Job Offer what will next step and how long officially takes to activate RV. This step is very confusing because 3 months time or 12 month time is mandatory after inform CO about a job offer and do the same or can switch another job in between.


Please, #escapedtonz explain these points I am very confused.

Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #73 (permalink)  
Old 27th July 2019, 03:34 AM
escapedtonz's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Te Puna, Tauranga
Posts: 4,876
Rep Power: 399
escapedtonz will become famous soon enoughescapedtonz will become famous soon enough
873 likes received
21 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in newzealand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjad7sdi View Post
Thanks for your reply.

There are some ambiguities after your email please confirm and explain

1. My question is that if they donít give RV visa what they donít inform at the beginning of the process or not mentioned on the website? I am asking this because I have applied with family for a residence visa for a family well being and live together in NZ as we are living in a home country. Thus, INZ wastes our time and money in this process such as medical, fees, travel documents, and IELTS fees, etc.

2. For instance, my wife will go to NZ Alone and she will find some common job bellow mentioned:
a. Warehouse job, Inventory Controller or
b. Packer / Picker and Restaurant Helper
c. Other jobs Like I have seen on Trade Me and Seek are most common and salary around 19 NZ dollar.
d. I have seen in every job advertisement this Line: Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. (How my wife can get these job).

Any job whether Any job at ANZSCO list or Short Term Skill Shortage or Long Term Skill Shortage / Immediate Skill shortage at any salary slab and how much working hours in a week can help to obtain residence visa satisfy CO.

3. What are the chances of getting a visit visa for my family because me and childrenís apply separately we will face many problems like:
a. Funds showing in my wife bank account for JSV, how we arrange and maintain for my bank account to meet visit visa requirement obviously borrow money from someone and can maintain 6 months bank statement?
b. Fees of my and childrenís Visa Medical and character.
c. Tickets and travel plan for 1 month or 3 months or 6 months and visit visa extension possible in NZ.

4. Please explain detailed information shift JSV to RV.
For example, my wife will go 1st September 2019 and she will get any job offer on 5th September 2019 and on 6th September 2019 she inform CO about Job Offer what will next step and how long officially takes to activate RV. This step is very confusing because 3 months time or 12 month time is mandatory after inform CO about a job offer and do the same or can switch another job in between.


Please, #escapedtonz explain these points I am very confused.

Thanks
1. All the necessary information is there on the Immigration website with links, tips and pointers to other information that you need to be aware of or documents that you would need to check. It was widely publicised well before time by Immigration that the NZ government were proposing to change the Immigration rules that allow overseas people in to the country and which became law 12 October 2016.
You also didn't waste your time. Maybe if you had know the full extent of the rules surrounding RV you may not have applied, however you wouldn't have been able to apply for the job search visa as that is not something you can directly apply for as it is only offered to principal applicants who have sufficient points but don't have a job offer. It gives them the opportunity to get a job offer.

2. There are minimum salary thresholds that have to be met to allow a person overseas to live and work in NZ, then there are other thresholds that also allow family to join them, then there are higher thresholds that allow families to stay here permanently. You should be aware of these thresholds as taking a job at $19 per hour will probably not cut it (even if it is classed as a skilled occupation) and will mean she will not be able to secure RV for her and the rest of the family. The job needs to be in what Immigration class as a skilled occupation and it needs to pay sufficient salary. Not 100% sure but $26.50 per hour may be the minimum figure which is $55k per year ?
Normal full time is 40hrs per week and you cannot factor in any overtime etc as that is not guaranteed.

3. A visit visa shouldn't be too difficult, however if you aren't coming here to actually be a tourist - i.e. you are coming here to be with your wife then you aren't really using the visa for its intended purpose. What are you going to do with yourselves for 6 months ? and you will possibly only have 6 months then have to return (you will have to have onward tickets etc).
Yes there are many requirements to meet if you went down the visit visa path.

4. I don't know the specific process JSV to RV.
All I do know is that once the principal applicant obtains a written, permanent (at least 12 months) skilled (what Immigration classes as a skilled occupation) job offer from a suitable employer at the minimum required salary, work hours, responsibilities then following CO checks, Immigration will approve RV for the principal applicant and anyone else on the RV application. That process will still take several months.

__________________
EOI submitted Jan 2010. ITA Jan 2010. ITA submitted Apr 2010. RV approved June 2011. Passports stickered and returned Aug 2011. Secured job Dec 2011. Arrived Mar 2012. PRV Mar 2014..........Citizenship applications submitted June 2020!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #74 (permalink)  
Old 24th December 2019, 12:59 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: SINGAPORE
Posts: 15
Rep Power: 0
Sitanshu is on a distinguished road
35 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Hi escapedtonz,

Need one advice, if one get a skilled permanent job offer, which visa should he apply, Essential Skill Visa or SMC visa or both at the same time.

As SMC getting more time to get approval, so can he apply Essential Skill visa and once it is approved, can he be allowed to apply SMC.

Please suggest keeping in mind about the family (wife and one kid) dependent visa as well.

Will be much obliged for the suggestions.

Regards

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #75 (permalink)  
Old 24th December 2019, 07:32 PM
escapedtonz's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Te Puna, Tauranga
Posts: 4,876
Rep Power: 399
escapedtonz will become famous soon enoughescapedtonz will become famous soon enough
873 likes received
21 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in newzealand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitanshu View Post
Hi escapedtonz,

Need one advice, if one get a skilled permanent job offer, which visa should he apply, Essential Skill Visa or SMC visa or both at the same time.

As SMC getting more time to get approval, so can he apply Essential Skill visa and once it is approved, can he be allowed to apply SMC.

Please suggest keeping in mind about the family (wife and one kid) dependent visa as well.

Will be much obliged for the suggestions.

Regards
An employer may insist (and pay the fees) for a temporary work visa - eg Essential Skills etc. Assuming the job, salary etc meets INZ's criteria then a partner and dependents should also be able to get temporary visas. You can apply for SMRV (Skilled Migrant Resident Visa) at the same time and that will just tick away in the background. Lot of work doing multiple visa applications though, however many people do it that way.
Sitanshu likes this.

__________________
EOI submitted Jan 2010. ITA Jan 2010. ITA submitted Apr 2010. RV approved June 2011. Passports stickered and returned Aug 2011. Secured job Dec 2011. Arrived Mar 2012. PRV Mar 2014..........Citizenship applications submitted June 2020!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #76 (permalink)  
Old 25th December 2019, 03:57 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: SINGAPORE
Posts: 15
Rep Power: 0
Sitanshu is on a distinguished road
35 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Thanks a ton for clearing my doubt.

Regards

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Tags
job offer, newzealand immigration, smc resident visa

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Job offer and SMC Resident visa leo2575 Coffee lounge : Immigration sharing ideas 4 19th July 2016 08:10 AM
Job Offer from New Zealand moonarch Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 3 4th June 2016 07:26 AM
SMC Visa approved (with no job offer) ..... Whats next ? cooldash87 Coffee lounge : Immigration sharing ideas 19 4th May 2016 12:46 PM
Job offer for SMC catherinewalters Coffee lounge : Immigration sharing ideas 1 26th January 2015 09:09 PM
A must to have job offer to secure SMC? tiramisu Coffee lounge : Immigration sharing ideas 3 13th October 2014 07:38 AM

FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.