Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad

Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad (https://www.expatforum.com/expats/)
-   Coffee lounge : Immigration sharing ideas (https://www.expatforum.com/expats/coffee-lounge-immigration-sharing-ideas/)
-   -   Residency Option - Skilled Migrant or Work to Resident (https://www.expatforum.com/expats/coffee-lounge-immigration-sharing-ideas/1334714-residency-option-skilled-migrant-work-resident.html)

don2285 17th September 2017 09:37 PM

Residency Option - Skilled Migrant or Work to Resident
 
Hello Experts,

I have been in the Kiwi land for 3 weeks on a work to resident visa, and the place and people are so welcoming and nice.

Now that i have set foot in NZ, would be wanting to get a Resident Visa and weighing my options below,

Skilled Migrant Visa

1. NZQA - 750$
2. English - 400$
3. Visa application - 2400$


Work to Resident Visa
1. Wait for 2 years to be completed with the same employer and then apply for conversion.


My doubts here are,

1. Seeing from above Skilled Migrant Visa sure seems to be tad expensive than the other option but i will be guaranteed for sure that am going to be a resident at the end of 6 month or 9 month process.

2. Considering i go by waiting for 2 years, till 2019, what if the rules change and make me not eligible for the visa. ( Just a doubt or does this look like a risk).

I would also like to know here how successful people were in converting their Work to Resident to a resident Visa.

Looking forward for suggestions and more interaction from the experts.

Cheers,
DON

escapedtonz 18th September 2017 12:09 AM

1. You really think the fees for Resident Visa are expensive ? It would allow you (and any partner plus dependents) to live work study in NZ permanently and basically get all the benefits just as if you were a born Kiwi.......can you place a fee on that ?

2. Its a possible risk.

Don't have any experience in converting a WTR visa as I came in on Residency. You don't have to wait the 2 years and can apply for RV immediately assuming you have sufficient points. If it was me I'd apply now before the rules changed or the fees increased.

don2285 18th September 2017 11:55 PM

Hi Escapedtonz,

Many thanks again. The cost calculation was a tad bit different assuming you had to convert from Pounds to NZD and me from INR to NZD.

Anyways once the step is taken there is no looking back at the cost. How big is the risk of waiting for two years for WTR to be a resident is what am wondering. Given the current political situation am wondering if that will make any change after the Sept 23rd.

Will keep posted on the updates, but still on the lookout for anyone who has waited for their WTR to be converted to RV.

One thing i missed to ask in the previous post is the option to bring my aged father (70 yrs) who is dependent on only me and a widower, i see that Parent Resident Visa option is temporarily closed, what would be the other chances of getting him to stay on a long term with me?.

Are there any migrant lawyers who write up this case to ministry and things like that?? (Just thinking out loud)

Cheers,
Don

escapedtonz 19th September 2017 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by don2285 (Post 13278874)
Hi Escapedtonz,

Many thanks again. The cost calculation was a tad bit different assuming you had to convert from Pounds to NZD and me from INR to NZD.

Anyways once the step is taken there is no looking back at the cost. How big is the risk of waiting for two years for WTR to be a resident is what am wondering. Given the current political situation am wondering if that will make any change after the Sept 23rd.

Will keep posted on the updates, but still on the lookout for anyone who has waited for their WTR to be converted to RV.

One thing i missed to ask in the previous post is the option to bring my aged father (70 yrs) who is dependent on only me and a widower, i see that Parent Resident Visa option is temporarily closed, what would be the other chances of getting him to stay on a long term with me?.

Are there any migrant lawyers who write up this case to ministry and things like that?? (Just thinking out loud)

Cheers,
Don

The risk is unknown as nobody other than government knows what they intend to do with Immigration rules. We, the public only ever find out at the last minute just before the change.

You have no options on a temporary visa for your father. You must be at least of Resident status.
If you do become a Resident then there is the Parent Resident Visa but as you know this is temporarily closed. When and if this will ever open again is unknown and even if it did I guess there's a lot of EOI's already in the pool, so there may be a long wait time.
Other than this there are no other options that I can see. Only dependent children are considered here not dependent parents.

don2285 19th September 2017 09:49 PM

Thanks a lot Escapedtonz. that really helps. Getting on with the process of RV in a while.

Cheers,
Don

bhulani 10th January 2018 10:03 AM

My SMC interview has been done and currently waiting for the visa.

EOI Submitted April,2017
My ITA received in May, 2017
My Resident Application Submitted in June, 2017.
Interview Call December, 2017

1-I have claimed my IQA with Level 9 (Having bachelors and masters in Computer Engineering)
2-I have also claimed my wife IQA points Level 7 (Having bachelors degree in Nursing)
3-I have did my IPENZ assessment successfully and submitted IPENZ letter with my Resident Application.
4-I have applied with SMC Occupation as ICT Software Quality Assurance.
4-Over all my family points are 160.

My interview was done well and it was about 45 minutes, the CO has asked questions to my wife as well, we have demonstrated that we will able to get the Job in 1-2 months as we have good friends support in NZ and good job prospect.

But I am not sure what visa I will get either Resident or WTR. Please advise what visa we can get, Since our case is submitted before the policy changed, also we have good educational and work experience.

Thanks

escapedtonz 10th January 2018 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhulani (Post 13848514)
My SMC interview has been done and currently waiting for the visa.

EOI Submitted April,2017
My ITA received in May, 2017
My Resident Application Submitted in June, 2017.
Interview Call December, 2017

1-I have claimed my IQA with Level 9 (Having bachelors and masters in Computer Engineering)
2-I have also claimed my wife IQA points Level 7 (Having bachelors degree in Nursing)
3-I have did my IPENZ assessment successfully and submitted IPENZ letter with my Resident Application.
4-I have applied with SMC Occupation as ICT Software Quality Assurance.
4-Over all my family points are 160.

My interview was done well and it was about 45 minutes, the CO has asked questions to my wife as well, we have demonstrated that we will able to get the Job in 1-2 months as we have good friends support in NZ and good job prospect.

But I am not sure what visa I will get either Resident or WTR. Please advise what visa we can get, Since our case is submitted before the policy changed, also we have good educational and work experience.

Thanks

Since you submitted before the most recent visa changes without a job offer the outcomes open to you will be Resident Visa approval, Job Search Visa for principal applicant only or decline of the application.
WTR is not an option. You must have a job offer from an accredited employer for WTR.

bhulani 11th January 2018 08:50 AM

Can you provide information regarding the Job Search Visa, for example

1) how much it normally take to find the job in NZ in the field of IT with Job Search visa?
2) What are the benefits one can avail from government like insurance, medical etc. with Job search visa?
3) If Job is found, then when should apply for resident visa?
4) What is the time period of Job Search Visa?
5) How much money a person should bring to live in NZ with Job Search Visa?

Thanks

bhulani 27th January 2018 04:04 AM

My Skilled Migrant Category Job Search visa is approved and I am going to apply for the visa in next few days.

it will allow me to work in any job, for any employer in New Zealand.

I have been informed that When Once I obtain an offer of ongoing skilled employment (as per immigration instructions), I must let Immigration New Zealand (INZ) know. If my employment meets the criteria for skilled employment, they will assess me as having demonstrated an ability to settle in and contribute to New Zealand and they will approve my application for residence under the Skilled Migrant Category. They have mentioned that I do not need to wait for the end of my deferral period before having my residence application further assessed. As soon as I obtained an offer of ongoing employment, I should provide the details of the employment to my nearest INZ office, where it will be assessed.

Here, I need following information regarding such Job Search Visa

1) What should be the Pay Scale of Job that I must obtained to meet the criteria?
2) Should I get the contract Job or Permanent Job?
3) what are the other assessment criteria that I must meet?

Thanks

escapedtonz 27th January 2018 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhulani (Post 13853018)
Can you provide information regarding the Job Search Visa, for example

1) how much it normally take to find the job in NZ in the field of IT with Job Search visa?
2) What are the benefits one can avail from government like insurance, medical etc. with Job search visa?
3) If Job is found, then when should apply for resident visa?
4) What is the time period of Job Search Visa?
5) How much money a person should bring to live in NZ with Job Search Visa?

Thanks

1) How long is a piece of string ? Nobody can estimate how long it will take a person to find a job in NZ.
2) None. You aren't eligible for any assistance due to your visa status.
3) As soon as you have a skilled permanent job offer in writing.
4) I think the JSV that is offered in lieu of a Resident Visa via SMC is 12 months.
5) You will need to prove you have sufficient funds to live in NZ for the period of the visa. Minimum is NZ $4200 for 12 months. This can be reduced if you can provide evidence that you have already paid for accommodation.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.