Residency Option - Skilled Migrant or Work to Resident - Page 2

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Australasia & the Pacific Islands > New Zealand Expat Forum for Expats Living in New Zealand > Coffee lounge : Immigration sharing ideas

Like Tree1Likes

Residency Option - Skilled Migrant or Work to Resident - Page 2


Reply
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 27th January 2018, 05:24 AM
escapedtonz's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Te Puna, Tauranga
Posts: 4,637
Rep Power: 369
escapedtonz will become famous soon enoughescapedtonz will become famous soon enough
810 likes received
21 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in newzealand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhulani View Post
My Skilled Migrant Category Job Search visa is approved and I am going to apply for the visa in next few days.

it will allow me to work in any job, for any employer in New Zealand.

I have been informed that When Once I obtain an offer of ongoing skilled employment (as per immigration instructions), I must let Immigration New Zealand (INZ) know. If my employment meets the criteria for skilled employment, they will assess me as having demonstrated an ability to settle in and contribute to New Zealand and they will approve my application for residence under the Skilled Migrant Category. They have mentioned that I do not need to wait for the end of my deferral period before having my residence application further assessed. As soon as I obtained an offer of ongoing employment, I should provide the details of the employment to my nearest INZ office, where it will be assessed.

Here, I need following information regarding such Job Search Visa

1) What should be the Pay Scale of Job that I must obtained to meet the criteria?
2) Should I get the contract Job or Permanent Job?
3) what are the other assessment criteria that I must meet?

Thanks
1) Read SM6.10 Skilled Employment of https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/
2) Permanent.
3) Read the other parts of the Ops Manual pertaining to Skilled Migrant Category.

__________________
EOI submitted Jan 2010. ITA Jan 2010. ITA submitted Apr 2010. RV approved June 2011. Passports stickered and back to us Aug 2011. Secured job Dec 2011. Arrived Mar 2012. PRV Mar 2014......now eligible for citizenship but at $1175 Yeah but Nah!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 1st September 2018, 02:04 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Karachi
Posts: 41
Rep Power: 0
bhulani is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from pakistan. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

I am on Skilled Category Job Search Visa and have 1 year fix term contract, I have following questions

1) What documents I would required to submit initially to immigration office to assign Case officer?
2) How much immigration take time to approve the resident visa?
3) What documents are required to submit to stamp resident visa on passport?
4) How much they take time to process the resident visa on passports?

I have listen that following documents are required initially to assign Case officer

1) Contract Document
2) Job Description
3) IRD Number
4) Pay Slip

Following documents are required to stamp visa on passport

1) Passports
2) Pay slips of three months

Please provide accurate information about the above documents, or any other document required on each step that would be very helpful. Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 2nd September 2018, 02:57 AM
escapedtonz's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Te Puna, Tauranga
Posts: 4,637
Rep Power: 369
escapedtonz will become famous soon enoughescapedtonz will become famous soon enough
810 likes received
21 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in newzealand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhulani View Post
I am on Skilled Category Job Search Visa and have 1 year fix term contract, I have following questions

1) What documents I would required to submit initially to immigration office to assign Case officer?
2) How much immigration take time to approve the resident visa?
3) What documents are required to submit to stamp resident visa on passport?
4) How much they take time to process the resident visa on passports?

I have listen that following documents are required initially to assign Case officer

1) Contract Document
2) Job Description
3) IRD Number
4) Pay Slip

Following documents are required to stamp visa on passport

1) Passports
2) Pay slips of three months

Please provide accurate information about the above documents, or any other document required on each step that would be very helpful. Thanks
You should already have a case officer who has initially approved you for the Job Search Visa. All you should need to do now is provide that Case Officer with the written job offer from your company which is the evidence required to show you have a skilled job offer. Assuming what you provide is sufficient then the case officer should approve Resident Visa for you and anyone else on your original application. Should only take a matter of days.
You will need to provide final fees and all passports so the visas can be applied.
If you have to send everything by courier and then wait for passports to be couriered back it could take a few weeks for you to have the passports in hand with visas entered.

__________________
EOI submitted Jan 2010. ITA Jan 2010. ITA submitted Apr 2010. RV approved June 2011. Passports stickered and back to us Aug 2011. Secured job Dec 2011. Arrived Mar 2012. PRV Mar 2014......now eligible for citizenship but at $1175 Yeah but Nah!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 3rd September 2018, 04:45 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Karachi
Posts: 41
Rep Power: 0
bhulani is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from pakistan. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

In my one year contract there may be few months in which I will have to work for 20 Hrs per week. I need to know if my contract must be full time (40hr per week) or it can be flexible i.e. 20hr per week.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 3rd September 2018, 06:03 AM
escapedtonz's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Te Puna, Tauranga
Posts: 4,637
Rep Power: 369
escapedtonz will become famous soon enoughescapedtonz will become famous soon enough
810 likes received
21 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in newzealand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhulani View Post
In my one year contract there may be few months in which I will have to work for 20 Hrs per week. I need to know if my contract must be full time (40hr per week) or it can be flexible i.e. 20hr per week.
Nope. Has to be what is classed as a permanent role which is minimum 12 months and full time hours, whatever they may be but I'd guess at least 37hrs per week although 40hrs per week is the standard for NZ.
You can try but unlikely Immigration will consider your job offer meets the criteria.

__________________
EOI submitted Jan 2010. ITA Jan 2010. ITA submitted Apr 2010. RV approved June 2011. Passports stickered and back to us Aug 2011. Secured job Dec 2011. Arrived Mar 2012. PRV Mar 2014......now eligible for citizenship but at $1175 Yeah but Nah!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 3rd September 2018, 09:29 AM
escapedtonz's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Te Puna, Tauranga
Posts: 4,637
Rep Power: 369
escapedtonz will become famous soon enoughescapedtonz will become famous soon enough
810 likes received
21 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in newzealand.
Default

Read this https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#66788.htm

Seems a job offer must be at least 30hrs average per week over the term of the offer.

__________________
EOI submitted Jan 2010. ITA Jan 2010. ITA submitted Apr 2010. RV approved June 2011. Passports stickered and back to us Aug 2011. Secured job Dec 2011. Arrived Mar 2012. PRV Mar 2014......now eligible for citizenship but at $1175 Yeah but Nah!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 13th August 2019, 12:08 PM
MN8 MN8 is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 32
Rep Power: 0
MN8 is on a distinguished road
1 likes received
17 likes given

Default

Hi Guys,

I am in process of getting a job offer in NZ. This job will be on a Work to residence visa (Accredited Employer). I understand that with this visa, I will be able to obtain an NZ PR after 2 years if I remain employed with same employer.

My questions are:

1. Holding this work to residence visa - Can I apply for my PR independently, using point system? as I don't want to wait for 2 years for PR mainly due to uncertainty which future brings.
2. Having work to residence visa should add 50 points to my independent PR application, and I have better chance for getting a PR. Is this correct?
3. How long does it take to get independent PR approved?

I am very new to the NZ immigration system. Would really appreciate any help. Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 13th August 2019, 08:04 PM
escapedtonz's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Te Puna, Tauranga
Posts: 4,637
Rep Power: 369
escapedtonz will become famous soon enoughescapedtonz will become famous soon enough
810 likes received
21 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in newzealand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN8 View Post
Hi Guys,

I am in process of getting a job offer in NZ. This job will be on a Work to residence visa (Accredited Employer). I understand that with this visa, I will be able to obtain an NZ PR after 2 years if I remain employed with same employer.

My questions are:

1. Holding this work to residence visa - Can I apply for my PR independently, using point system? as I don't want to wait for 2 years for PR mainly due to uncertainty which future brings.
2. Having work to residence visa should add 50 points to my independent PR application, and I have better chance for getting a PR. Is this correct?
3. How long does it take to get independent PR approved?

I am very new to the NZ immigration system. Would really appreciate any help. Thanks
1. The intention of this visa is to allow you 2 years to sample living and working in NZ and then if you like NZ it offers you a pathway to Residency (NOT PR - you can only get PR after holding a permanent class visa for min 2 years).
Yes you can apply for SMRV as soon as you are in NZ. You can use the job offer points towards the application.

2. Yes.

3. Several moths to a year.

__________________
EOI submitted Jan 2010. ITA Jan 2010. ITA submitted Apr 2010. RV approved June 2011. Passports stickered and back to us Aug 2011. Secured job Dec 2011. Arrived Mar 2012. PRV Mar 2014......now eligible for citizenship but at $1175 Yeah but Nah!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 14th August 2019, 01:20 AM
MN8 MN8 is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 32
Rep Power: 0
MN8 is on a distinguished road
1 likes received
17 likes given

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapedtonz View Post
1. The intention of this visa is to allow you 2 years to sample living and working in NZ and then if you like NZ it offers you a pathway to Residency (NOT PR - you can only get PR after holding a permanent class visa for min 2 years).

Yes you can apply for SMRV as soon as you are in NZ. You can use the job offer points towards the application.



2. Yes.



3. Several moths to a year.
Thanks for the response.

Let's say, I apply SMRV as soon as I am in NZ and this gets approved in 1 year. So this SMRV visa will not be a PR?

Is there any way to obtain PR before 2 years given I have a job in NZ and living in NZ? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 14th August 2019, 01:39 AM
escapedtonz's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Te Puna, Tauranga
Posts: 4,637
Rep Power: 369
escapedtonz will become famous soon enoughescapedtonz will become famous soon enough
810 likes received
21 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in newzealand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN8 View Post
Thanks for the response.

Let's say, I apply SMRV as soon as I am in NZ and this gets approved in 1 year. So this SMRV visa will not be a PR?

Is there any way to obtain PR before 2 years given I have a job in NZ and living in NZ? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
No.
SMRV is Skilled Migrant Resident Visa and you would apply just like anybody else would, however you would be applying from within NZ and you'd already be working here in a skilled job so you would obviously gain the points for that on the EOI.
Once SMRV is approved this makes the WTR Visa null and void and the clock starts ticking from the date the SMRV is activated for a period of 2 years until you can apply for PR. During this time the SMRV will have a travel condition meaning you can come and go as you pleased for a period of 2 years only (however if you do leave it affects your eligibility for PR. Once you have satisfied the minimum period on a permanent class visa (SMRV) and you also meet one of five other criteria relating to your commitment to stay and pay a small processing fee you may get PR.

No there is no other way. It could be possible that you can gain PR after holding WTR visa for at least 2 years - assuming you just went along with that intended route but I'm not absolutely sure. I know you can apply for Residency whilst here on WTR but that is via the SMRV route which could take you out of the intended WTR process.
MN8 likes this.

__________________
EOI submitted Jan 2010. ITA Jan 2010. ITA submitted Apr 2010. RV approved June 2011. Passports stickered and back to us Aug 2011. Secured job Dec 2011. Arrived Mar 2012. PRV Mar 2014......now eligible for citizenship but at $1175 Yeah but Nah!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skilled Migrant Category Resident Visa: Help Yanco Coffee lounge : Immigration sharing ideas 3 3rd May 2017 11:39 PM
Skilled Migrant Category Resident Visa: Questions Yanco Coffee lounge : Immigration sharing ideas 3 29th November 2016 08:03 AM
How long does it takes for Skilled Migrant Resident to be processed after submitting piterkuang Coffee lounge : Immigration sharing ideas 0 17th August 2016 09:02 AM
work to residence then skilled migrant? Elleon2wheels Coffee lounge : Immigration sharing ideas 7 5th February 2015 08:31 AM
resident visa under skilled migrant category advise jons Coffee lounge : Immigration sharing ideas 10 16th December 2014 01:07 PM

FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.